News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too much Money does funny things to some people
Agree. Quite like Liverpool's approach to this where the starting salary is relatively low with big incentives. Play well and you're rewarded, but you've gotta work for it.

Hate how players are paid so much upfront. Always should be pay as you play in my mind.

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. Quite like Liverpool's approach to this where the starting salary is relatively low with big incentives. Play well and you're rewarded, but you've gotta work for it.

Hate how players are paid so much upfront. Always should be pay as you play in my mind.
No chance of LM under that method!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No chance of LM under that method!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe at one point Hill or was it Anderson that bumped into the LFC CEO and talked shop a little. Hill came out of it talking about how our visions match etc etc. If that's the case, then we won't be spending big imo as Moneyball is all about statistics and finding the right value of player. It's not about going for bargains even though many believe it is. Just look at LFC. It's about balancing all aspects and choosing the right fit for the club.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo Jake isn’t good value for us at 1.1m. He rarely runs these days, he’s so predictable it’s not funny. Not doubting his ability but from what I saw of him this year, you can pay a guy half that amount to catch and pass. He may not have the motor Jake has but I’m fine with that

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imo Jake isn’t good value for us at 1.1m. He rarely runs these days, he’s so predictable it’s not funny. Not doubting his ability but from what I saw of him this year, you can pay a guy half that amount to catch and pass. He may not have the motor Jake has but I’m fine with that
Probably MOM in last nights test against the kiwis.

In saying that 900k is good value for the kid but if it means spending an extra couple of hundred trying to bring him and his bro over then it is what it is.

For me the only issue is we have a few blokes and a few kids coming through who could be great locks in a couple of years.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From zero tackle...

Report: Trbojevics’ manager “unaware” of Canterbury’s reported $10 mil offer

Jake and Tom Trbojevic’s manager Paul Sutton has declared he is “unaware” of Canterbury’s alleged big-money offer, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

Fox Sports reported that the Bulldogs made a $10 million package bid for the brothers, $1.4m for Tom and $1.1m for Jake over four years – as well as a $4 milliion contract for rising Bronco David Fifita

Sutton revealed that brothers were yet to receive a new deal from Manly, despite being free to sign elsewhere from November 1.

The duo have repeatedly professed their love for Manly and coach Des Hasler but have also said they would consider signing big deals elsewhere.

Canterbury boss Andrew Hill told The Sydney Morning Herald: “There seems to be endless speculation about who we are in the market for, and we won’t add to the running commentary.

“We’re the same as every other club and will monitor player availability at the appropriate time.”

Daly Cherry-Evans said of the brothers: “They’ve become such a big part of the club, not just on a football level but at a club level because of how likeable they are.

“It would be a monumental loss if we let Tom and Jake go.

“To hear that [Canterbury news], I would never begrudge them doing what’s best for them, but I really, really hope it’s Manly who keep them.”
—————

Trbojevic manager not aware of offer and Hill playing it away with a dead bat...

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else think we wreak of desperation with all these outlandish offers....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
From zero tackle...

Jake and Tom Trbojevic’s manager Paul Sutton has declared he is “unaware” of Canterbury’s alleged big-money offer, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

Fox Sports reported that the Bulldogs made a $10 million package bid for the brothers, $1.4m for Tom and $1.1m for Jake over four years – as well as a $4 milliion contract for rising Bronco David Fifita

Sutton revealed that brothers were yet to receive a new deal from Manly, despite being free to sign elsewhere from November 1.

The duo have repeatedly professed their love for Manly and coach Des Hasler but have also said they would consider signing big deals elsewhere.

Canterbury boss Andrew Hill told The Sydney Morning Herald: “There seems to be endless speculation about who we are in the market for, and we won’t add to the running commentary.

“We’re the same as every other club and will monitor player availability at the appropriate time.”

Daly Cherry-Evans said of the brothers: “They’ve become such a big part of the club, not just on a football level but at a club level because of how likeable they are.

“To hear that [Canterbury news], I would never begrudge them doing what’s best for them, but I really, really hope it’s Manly who keep them.”
—————

Trbojevic manager not aware of offer and Hill playing it away with a dead bat...
Good on ya Hilly: ‘We won’t be adding to the commentary’.

No should we be. Do our job quietly, get the right signings and announce them at the right time, DWZ style.

Let muppets like the Mole, Weidler, Rothfield, Kent etc make crap up or express their frustrations that we won’t give them a scoop.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the manager supposed to say,,,the dogs gave me an offer before Nov 1.......
From zero tackle...

—————

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan Papenhuyzen 700K
Jesse Ramien 600K
David Fifita 1.1M (cause he's a freak and potentially best forward in the NRL)
Harry Grant 500K
2.9M

OR (my preferred option)
Tom Turbo 1.3M
Latrell Mitchell 900K
David Fifita 1.1M
3.3M

OR
Latrell Mitchell 900K (fullback)
Jesse Ramien 600K
David Fifita 1.1K
Harry Grant 500K
3.1M

OR (2nd preferred option)
Ryan Papenhuyzen 700K
Latrell Mitchell 900K
David Fifita 1.1M
Harry Grant 500K
3.2M

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will get none of these.

As for Harry Grant....are you Harry Grant? Every post of yours nearly is a love fest of grant .....he has achieved nothing in the game , the way you promote him is as if he is reg gansier .....
Ryan Papenhuyzen 700K
Jesse Ramien 600K
David Fifita 1.1M (cause he's a freak and potentially best forward in the NRL)
Harry Grant 500K
2.9M

OR (my preferred option)
Tom Turbo 1.3M
Latrell Mitchell 900K
David Fifita 1.1M
3.3M

OR
Latrell Mitchell 900K (fullback)
Jesse Ramien 600K
Davfid Fifita 1.1K
Harry Grant 500K
3.1M

OR (2nd preferred option)
Ryan Papenhuyzen 700K
Latrell Mitchell 900K
David Fifita 1.1M
Harry Grant 500K
3.2M

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We will get none of these.

As for Harry Grant....are you Harry Grant? Every post of yours nearly is a love fest of grant .....he has achieved nothing in the game , the way you promote him is as if he is reg gansier .....
Paps isn't as unlikely as you think...though idk what the clubs thoughts are on him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paps will stay in Melbourne....storm have too much cash with chambers going who was on a mint and smith pending retirement this year or next.

Ramien will go to Cronulla
Latrell either stay or go to the rabbits
Fafita stay or roosters
Turbo boys stay at manly....nrl will make sure of it as it would be a PR nightmare for them.
Paps isn't as unlikely as you think...though idk what the clubs thoughts are on him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players we should then be going for considering we are a very young side and by all reports missed out on luke Thompson from st Helens.

Warea hargraves to re unite with Napa.
Jake friend .... the front 3 have won some grand finals together right....

If these 2 come who may be on the outer with current club, you might snag manu as well....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Paps will stay in Melbourne....storm have too much cash with chambers going who was on a mint and smith pending retirement this year or next.

Ramien will go to Cronulla
Latrell either stay or go to the rabbits
Fafita stay or roosters
Turbo boys stay at manly....nrl will make sure of it as it would be a PR nightmare for them.
Who says he will stay in Melbourne?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im telling you Jake Trobjevic is worth his weight in gold, stop looking at your flash players and look for out and out footballers
OK, According to the gold prices we should be paying $ 7597 K a season....Not Baaaaaaad :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The only way to guarantee performance

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree incentive payments should be greater across all clubs. But I think managing the salary cap - ie not going over and not going under the minimum spend - has put clubs off the uncertainty of most incentive payments. These days I doubt players would be willing to sign incentive contracts if another team guarantee's the income. Hopefully most of our squad being off contract at the end of 2020 will be incentive enough for them all to put in 100%.