News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's opinion based. Every analyst (people in the know) ever asked the question has answered with saying they're both worth 1m each (at least 1m in Tom's case, possibly more).
Probably because they know it would be a package deal required. Anyways who cares they won't leave Manly after they both sign for unders. Manly are so confident apparently they haven't even bothered to offer them a deal yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably because they know it would be a package deal required. Anyways who cares they won't leave Manly after they both sign for unders. Manly are so confident apparently they haven't even bothered to offer them a deal yet.
If we actually offer what is reported it's a real possibility they leave Manly. If they were that loyal why haven't they resigned before November. They've pushed off resigned since the middle of the year. IF.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It does seem like a lot of doom and gloom doesn’t it. I get the feeling we could sign the whole kangaroos squad and some people wouldn’t be happy
But if we get Billy Brittain they might be lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t want either of them.
Even if we could work out a deal their heart would never be in it and it’d be She-Rex 2.0 (except the Turbos can actually play).

Also a massive slap in the face to long serving, loyal players like Jacko. How could you pay these blokes double your captain and you can’t raise Jacko too much either.

It doesn’t add up nor pass the smell test. I hope it’s knocked on the head sooner rather than later.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t want either of them.
Even if we could work out a deal their heart would never be in it and it’d be She-Rex 2.0 (except the Turbos can actually play).

Also a massive slap in the face to long serving, loyal players like Jacko. How could you pay these blokes double your captain and you can’t raise Jacko too much either.

It doesn’t add up nor pass the smell test. I hope it’s knocked on the head sooner rather than later.
Jackson deserves a 700k contract imo. Jake overall is a better player then Jackson and also a potential Captain in the future (the only reason why he isn't atm is because of DCE). Jake is a mainstay in all rep teams. Jackson doesn't make rep teams. Jake can also help out the Halves (best ball playing Lock in the game), an area where we're struggling and not going to be able to strengthen even if we wanted to really.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And Harry Grant haha
Harry Grant would be massive. We haven't been linked with him tho. It's obvious the club wasn't happy with JMK considering the links (Turpin, Koroisau) and Pay coming out saying he wanted to strengthen there. Not much out there besides Harry Grant.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it's a straight sweetener of looking after Jake to get Tom and nothing more.
I'd say Tom's contract alone is a big enough sweetener...lol. I'm just going to believe this is all bs because it's stressing me out hahaha.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Article seems made up to me. 1.4 for t turbo? I'd be pissed off if we did that. No player is worth that. Particularly an injury prone player who is also out at origin time. And 1 mill for jturbo. Please. I don't want either of them. What makes the article obvious BS is one of them is a fullback. How many fullbacks do journos think we need? We already have Meaney and DWZ. We just got DWZ in, and a proviso to get him was we would play him at fb, where he wanted to play. Makes zero sense we would look for a FB. There are other positions we can spend the money on

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling we are going to miss out on all of these players we have been linked to.
(i hope not)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Article seems made up to me. 1.4 for t turbo? I'd be pissed off if we did that. No player is worth that. Particularly an injury prone player who is also out at origin time. And 1 mill for jturbo. Please. I don't want either of them. What makes the article obvious BS is one of them is a fullback. How many fullbacks do journos think we need? We already have Meaney and DWZ. We just got DWZ in, and a proviso to get him was we would play him at fb, where he wanted to play. Makes zero sense we would look for a FB. There are other positions we can spend the money on
Is Meaney really good enough to be a long term Fullback or Winger at a club? I don't think so. DWZ is flexible in theory (depends if he'll spit the dummy) and can play Wing and Centre. Also we still have a lot of players unsigned for 2021. Even players that I thought we'd 100% resign. I think we'll ruin the balance of the squad if we sign the Trbojevic brothers but they're also top 3 players in their position. I've wanted us to sign a Centre (Latrell/Manu), Hooker (Harry Grant), Prop (Thompson/Taukeiaho) and Winger (Vunivalu) personally. Both of those methods would cost about the same.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the new way origin is scheduled guns only have to miss one game over that period now so that’s a moot point.
I agree with everything else you have said and this feels like a journalist just generating click bait.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Harry Grant would be massive. We haven't been linked with him tho. It's obvious the club wasn't happy with JMK considering the links (Turpin, Koroisau) and Pay coming out saying he wanted to strengthen there. Not much out there besides Harry Grant.
Are you a fan of Harry Grant! I didn’t realise :grinning: I doubt Melbourne would let him go but you never know

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have a feeling we are going to miss out on all of these players we have been linked to.
(i hope not)
Might help of they didnt keep linking us with core players in their respective sides that are unlikley to go anywhere

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you a fan of Harry Grant! I didn’t realise :grinning: I doubt Melbourne would let him go but you never know
They don't really have a choice if Smith doesn't retire (I doubt he wants to sit in Reserves any longer). Then it'll depend if we actually want him and we offer him a decent contract (and don't low ball like we did with Turpin). Otherwise we're going to have to stick with JMK (good utility/bench option) and Katoa for a few more years (unless someone on contract pops up, I don't like relying on hope and luck tho and it's almost November). Anyways there are reasons why he could leave so until he's resigned or we've tried to sign him I'm going to be big on him (if the club doesn't go in for him then it's whatever, just what I'd like).

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't quite buy in to the "no one wants to come here" argument, Canterbury is one of the proudest clubs in the comp and wont stay down. The club has done a great job in getting us out of the shit that Raelene, Des & Co left the joint in, we are starting to build a nice foundation right now and have the opportunity to buy 1-2 major $$ signings for 2021 along with some retention and other solid signings to make us serious contenders.
We rank 5th In succession to Rabbitohs , roosters , st George , Balmain in terms of premiereships . Manly are just behind us, as we have had more grand final appearances then them but then again we also have wooden spoons. Still a proud club.. haven’t won since 2004 but more successful then broncos who have only one 2006 premiership and one gf loss in 2015, even tho we lost 2012,2014 it’s still good to get to the gf.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We rank 5th In succession to Rabbitohs , roosters , st George , Balmain in terms of premiereships . Manly are just behind us, as we have had more grand final appearances then them but then again we also have wooden spoons. Still a proud club.. haven’t won since 2004 but more successful then broncos who have only one 2006 premiership and one gf loss in 2015, even tho we lost 2012,2014 it’s still good to get to the gf.
Where are we now tho? Money or success. The only two incentives. E.g.s from this year, Ramien joining* Sharks and Koroisau joining the Panthers. What do those clubs have over us currently? Pearce (and plenty of others) joined the Knights that was a wooden spoon team, why? Money. Yes, they're still shit, but that's irreverent.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here, the only player from the above list that can make a massive difference to the dogs is Tommy Turbo. Quick, strong, a try scoring machine and has X factor.

Conversely, I think his brother is just a solid forward and not worth the big bucks. He is not worth 1.1 mill a year lol, as reported. Jake won't deliver us a premiership but tommy turbo may.

And then fifita- a great young player, but don't think he will succeed at the dogs. I see that his head is growing bigger and bigger. And he hasn't done anything too spectacular at the broncos. I just think he will be t rex 2.0.

I would be chasing Addo carr, Latrell mitchell and Thompson from England
Agree