News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I guess it's just a result of our recent history but I don't see us getting any of these mentioned players....including the UK ones! Someone with the inside info please feel free to help my moral here lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess it's just a result of our recent history but I don't see us getting any of these mentioned players....including the UK ones! Someone with the inside info please feel free to help my moral here lol.
Have faith mate and believe 5% of what you read in the media :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's always good to get what you want !
But...It's more important to get what you need !!!

Pretty sure we need these three names to become a powerhouse again both on field and off.

The only worry is we have a few great prospects coming through in similar positions and we might lose our home grown talent. Doorey, Topine and Averillo to name a few.

Also 1 of Fafita, CHN or Stimpson will need to become a middle forward.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Have faith mate and believe 5% of what you read in the media :grinning:
It's not so much about what's in the media as deductions really.

Turbo's - as if they will leave Manly.
Fafita - Rorters always get their man or stays at Bronc's
UK guys - Walmsey - has just signed for another 3 years or something
- Thompson - Maybe for a new challenge but I see the UK connection at Souths helping
Mitchell - Genuine no idea on this one, could do anything

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not so much about what's in the media as deductions really.

Turbo's - as if they will leave Manly.
Fafita - Rorters always get their man or stays at Bronc's
UK guys - Walmsey - has just signed for another 3 years or something
- Thompson - Maybe for a new challenge but I see the UK connection at Souths helping
Mitchell - Genuine no idea on this one, could do anything
I hear what you’re saying. There are many factors such as who we can move on

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure we need these three names to become a powerhouse again both on field and off.

The only worry is we have a few great prospects coming through in similar positions and we might lose our home grown talent. Doorey, Topine and Averillo to name a few.

Also 1 of Fafita, CHN or Stimpson will need to become a middle forward.
It would be great to have quality off the bench again...
That is what successful teams have !!!

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And nothing if the media hates you !!!
Hahaha exactly mate and I love how the club makes them hate us worse by treating them like mushrooms, especially after mad Monday

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont reckon it will happen but id love to get David Fafita and he's worth $1 million to build a team around in my opinion.
Only one thing going for us is we have a couple of his school mates playing in our Jersey flegg team in Devontai Seumantutafa, Brock Hamill and Sebastian Winters-Chang.
Maybe those boys could persuade him..
But i cant see him leaving the Broncos he's very close to his family.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seven days, no new deal: Manly gamble on Trbojevic loyalty with rivals ready to pounce

Manly is yet to table a contract extension to the Trbojevic brothers, seven days out from the November 1 feeding frenzy kicking off.
Jake and Tom’s agent Paul Sutton told Fairfax Media the Sea Eagles have not come forward with an offer of commitment beyond the 2020 season.

In fact he’s yet to hear from the club regarding the future of his gun pair.

It means in seven days’ time, rival NRL clubs can legally negotiate with the star siblings.

Foxsports.com.au revealed this week Canterbury is preparing a huge $14 million package deal which the Bulldogs can offer the brothers next Friday.

The deal would mean younger brother Tom would earn about $1.4 million a season at Belmore, and Jake would earn about $1.1 million a year over the course of the contract.

In July, both Jake and Tom told foxsports.com.au they would be prepared to accept less money if they could remain at Manly for the their careers.

The Sea Eagles appear prepared to gamble on the loyalty of the club juniors by letting them hit the open market on November 1.

The pair have both become State of Origin and Test stars and both command elite money.

Manly will struggle to fit them under the same salary cap as Daly Cherry-Evans - also on about $1 million a year - while Dylan Walker is yet to have a new contract stamped.

Walker is without a job in a week’s time, although it’s been reported he has committed to playing for the Sea Eagles next year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/nrl-contracts-trbojevic-brothers-manly-deal-bulldogs-november-1/news-story/35911166b0023fdda8fbfee5904d9b16

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seven days, no new deal: Manly gamble on Trbojevic loyalty with rivals ready to pounce

Manly is yet to table a contract extension to the Trbojevic brothers, seven days out from the November 1 feeding frenzy kicking off.
Jake and Tom’s agent Paul Sutton told Fairfax Media the Sea Eagles have not come forward with an offer of commitment beyond the 2020 season.

In fact he’s yet to hear from the club regarding the future of his gun pair.

It means in seven days’ time, rival NRL clubs can legally negotiate with the star siblings.

Foxsports.com.au revealed this week Canterbury is preparing a huge $14 million package deal which the Bulldogs can offer the brothers next Friday.

The deal would mean younger brother Tom would earn about $1.4 million a season at Belmore, and Jake would earn about $1.1 million a year over the course of the contract.

In July, both Jake and Tom told foxsports.com.au they would be prepared to accept less money if they could remain at Manly for the their careers.

The Sea Eagles appear prepared to gamble on the loyalty of the club juniors by letting them hit the open market on November 1.

The pair have both become State of Origin and Test stars and both command elite money.

Manly will struggle to fit them under the same salary cap as Daly Cherry-Evans - also on about $1 million a year - while Dylan Walker is yet to have a new contract stamped.

Walker is without a job in a week’s time, although it’s been reported he has committed to playing for the Sea Eagles next year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/nrl-contracts-trbojevic-brothers-manly-deal-bulldogs-november-1/news-story/35911166b0023fdda8fbfee5904d9b16
Honestly of the club offers something stupid like that then we better be cheating the fucking cap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let's hope so lol...
Seriously 1.1m for fucking Jake, absolutely crazy money for him. The fuck would we offer Jackson if this was true, 800k minimum? Lol. Can we just be linked to a fucking half for once even if it's bs.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont reckon it will happen but id love to get David Fafita and he's worth $1 million to build a team around in my opinion.
Only one thing going for us is we have a couple of his school mates playing in our Jersey flegg team in Devontai Seumantutafa, Brock Hamill and Sebastian Winters-Chang.
Maybe those boys could persuade him..
But i cant see him leaving the Broncos he's very close to his family.
I thought Brock Hamill had been moved on

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously 1.1m for fucking Jake, absolutely crazy money for him. The fuck would we offer Jackson if this was true, 800k minimum? Lol. Can we just be linked to a fucking half for once even if it's bs.
I think it's a straight sweetener of looking after Jake to get Tom and nothing more.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it's a straight sweetener of looking after Jake to get Tom and nothing more.
They're both worth 1m. Only having to pay Jake an extra 100k is pretty good. An extra 400k for Tom is the problem and not avoidable if we're actually serious in wanting Tom/Trbojevic brothers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
They're both worth 1m. Only have to pay Jake an extra 100k is pretty good. An extra 400k for Tom is the problem.
I don't think Jake is worth that but it's all opinion and crazy markets. I think realistic value would be about 800k tbh against salary cap value. Yeah 1.4 is stupid!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think Jake is worth that but it's all opinion and crazy markets. I think realistic value would be about 800k tbh against salary cap value. Yeah 1.4 is stupid!
It's opinion based. Every analyst (people in the know) ever asked the question has answered with saying they're both worth 1m each (at least 1m in Tom's case, possibly more).