Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Palpatine is back?
That voice in the middle of the trailer sounded very much like Ian McDiarmid to me.
Even the laugh at the end.

If you read the books you'd know Palpatine reincarnated himself.
Yep he’s back..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rise of Skywalker confirmed leaks :: no force ghost, no vision of like Skywalker , Palpatine back, Rey can teleport .. and terminator dark fate kills off John Connor in first 5 mins and Edward furlong isn’t even in it and john Connor replaced by a girl who will be the leader of the human race ...

Woke Hollywood ruining my fav movies

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is..the final trailer for Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker.. for what it is worth I gave up on this series with Rey..not a fan of the current characters..

Disney leaks are in and Rey can teleport , also Rey defeats Palpatine, who wants to use Rey and kylo to suck their force from them so he can be powerful again. No force ghost not even a Luke scene but you only hear his voice .. Rey can teleport also!!! So Luke does when he does it but Rey can do it and not die without training .. Star Wars is dead man

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rise of Skywalker confirmed leaks :: no force ghost, no vision of like Skywalker , Palpatine back, Rey can teleport .. and terminator dark fate kills off John Connor in first 5 mins and Edward furlong isn’t even in it and john Connor replaced by a girl who will be the leader of the human race ...

I'm not expecting much of Dark Fate. The first reviews to come out praised it as an excellent sequel. The next wave of reviews said that it's an abysmal mess that never should have been made.

They really are mastering destroying classics so I'm expecting this to be about as good as the new Star Wars movies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Disney leaks are in and Rey can teleport , also Rey defeats Palpatine, who wants to use Rey and kylo to suck their force from them so he can be powerful again. No force ghost not even a Luke scene but you only hear his voice .. Rey can teleport also!!! So Luke does when he does it but Rey can do it and not die without training .. Star Wars is dead man
Really? Star Wars truly gone.. At least Lucas..for all his faults..I was interested in his characters development (except maybe Jar Jar).. These new ones..especially Poe..just annoy me..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not expecting much of Dark Fate. The first reviews to come out praised it as an excellent sequel. The next wave of reviews said that it's an abysmal mess that never should have been made.

They really are mastering destroying classics so I'm expecting this to be about as good as the new Star Wars movies.
Edward furlong not even in it they just use cgi to young his face agains. Killed off in first 5 mins and replaced by a new leader who is a girl from Mexico with no training what so ever .. James Cameron had the chance to make the best sequel with furlong returning .. terminator 2 judgment day was the most amazing film

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Fuck woke Hollywood sucks. So many movies and tv shows now are just being made complete garbage with having to have "Strong" female characters or remake with all female casts.

One of the worst right now is that Batwoman show, my god. It constantly pushes the "Strong" and "Gay" female while absolutely shitting on males with terrible, cringe worthy jabs.

Thing is, if we hate on said show or movie the Woke crowd call us out as haters and misogynists, as that is their only reason for why it could be criticized not the fact that the show or movie is generally just crap. Even other females have been shitting on these shows so that has to cancel out the man hate and misogynists calls from the Woke crowd, but no...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck woke Hollywood sucks. So many movies and tv shows now are just being made complete garbage with having to have "Strong" female characters or remake with all female casts.

One of the worst right now is that Batwoman show, my god. It constantly pushes the "Strong" and "Gay" female while absolutely shitting on males with terrible, cringe worthy jabs.

Thing is, if we hate on said show or movie the Woke crowd call us out as haters and misogynists, as that is their only reason for why it could be criticized not the fact that the show or movie is generally just crap. Even other females have been shitting on these shows so that has to cancel out the man hate and misogynists calls from the Woke crowd, but no...
I lasted one episode of the Batwoman show. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as the trailer made it out to be (She says "I'm a woman" about 6 times in the trailer) but it was still terrible.

The gay thing makes sense as she was Lesbian in the comic as well. But if you have to tell people that you're a woman constantly or that you're gay constantly then it's not organic. It's just pushing stuff for political reasons. It was like the whole Baulder's Gate DLC thing. They released a new DLC for a 20 year old game and people criticised it for having a transgender character. At least that's how the media sold it but in reality the criticism was because when you meet the character the first thing they say is "I'm transgender". It's like the "I'm vegan" joke come to like. Assassin's Creed handled this well in Syndicate. There was a transgender character who was obviously transgender but no one mentioned it the whole time. No political agenda, just a character who was treated normal.

Also, Batwoman was pretty boring so I stopped after the first episode. Pretty sure it'll get axed after one season and they'll blame sexism or bigotry or something.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It’s about to be cancelled suck shit ruby rose

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
.. Star Wars is dead man
Kind of about time surely? The initial three films weren't that deep or interesting that they required a further 400 prequels, sequels and spinoffs? it's not like Luke Skywalker is James bloody Bond.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lasted one episode of the Batwoman show. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as the trailer made it out to be (She says "I'm a woman" about 6 times in the trailer) but it was still terrible.

The gay thing makes sense as she was Lesbian in the comic as well. But if you have to tell people that you're a woman constantly or that you're gay constantly then it's not organic. It's just pushing stuff for political reasons. It was like the whole Baulder's Gate DLC thing. They released a new DLC for a 20 year old game and people criticised it for having a transgender character. At least that's how the media sold it but in reality the criticism was because when you meet the character the first thing they say is "I'm transgender". It's like the "I'm vegan" joke come to like. Assassin's Creed handled this well in Syndicate. There was a transgender character who was obviously transgender but no one mentioned it the whole time. No political agenda, just a character who was treated normal.

Also, Batwoman was pretty boring so I stopped after the first episode. Pretty sure it'll get axed after one season and they'll blame sexism or bigotry or something.
I agree man. It's not the fact that they are a woman or gay that bothers me, it's the whole pushing it continuously down our throats so to speak, having to make the point. It's more so the way the go about it and emphasize it.

I get that Batwoman is a gay character, no issue with that, again it's just the fact that they push it or have reinforce it.

With that aside, I still found the show boring and poorly done. Snoozefest. I also think it won't last out 1 season.

Talking transgender in game, I remember in Watch Dogs 2 their was a Transgender character that you had to do a few jobs for. They also didn't push it from what I remember.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s about to be cancelled suck shit ruby rose
That's what happens when 1, the show is a hot mess. 2, you shit on "older white men" on social media, who when it comes to comics and superhero movies/shows are the majority of the fan base. Not a good move Ruby. 3, when your show also shits on males with it's woke jabs. Man some of the lines are so badly cringe.

Also, she is just a shit actor...full stop.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what happens when 1, the show is a hot mess. 2, you shit on "older white men" on social media, who when it comes to comics and superhero movies/shows are the majority of the fan base. Not a good move Ruby. 3, when your show also shits on males with it's woke jabs. Man some of the lines are so badly cringe.

Also, she is just a shit actor...full stop.
Hates men, but dressed and looks like one? Would rather eat a piece of 4 year old Christmas cake then that Mong.. not that she’s ugly jsut she probably tastes as bad as her attitude is I’d say

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Shrek

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126029/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

A mean lord exiles fairytale creatures to the swamp of a grumpy ogre, who must go on a quest and rescue a princess for the lord in order to get his land back.

I'm sure most of us here have seen this movie. This was the one that pretty much transformed childrens movies from cartoon to 3D animation. Pretty funny movie at times thanks to Donkey. If it wasn't for him the movie would've been kind of boring.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Shrek 2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298148/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Princess Fiona's parents invite her and Shrek to dinner to celebrate her marriage. If only they knew the newlyweds were both ogres.

That's right... Shrek 2 is also available on Netflix, so why not? It's not as funny as the first one, but the final scene towards the end is better than that of the original. I find that Puss In Boots is funnier than Donkey in this movie though. Entertaining but like most sequels, not as good as the original.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Rattlesnake

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9257484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

When a single mother accepts the help of a mysterious woman after her daughter is bitten by a rattlesnake, she finds herself making an unthinkable deal with the devil to repay the stranger.

This is meant to be a scary movie, however for the most part of it, it's a thriller - and that makes it kind of predictable. When a certain scene is taking place, you kind of know what to expect next. It's most obvious in the hospital, but as the movie goes on, it becomes even more predictable. I will say this though... there is a scene in that movie that contains a boy on a bike. If any girl was to see that part, she would freak the fuck out!

Not a bad movie overall, you can certainly tell it is a Netflix flick, however not lame like those channel 7 midday movies.

7/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A anthropic ape working as a debt collector gets mistaken for a guest on a local TV programme and becomes a viewer favourite through the on-air mishaps and brashness that betray his true nature. He struggles to rediscover himself despite pressures to adapt himself to stardom.

I downloaded this thinking it was a comedy, didn't realise it was a character driven indie drama. You could predict what was going to happen after 10 minutes and it didn't have a whole lot going for it during the 80 minute runtime. Direction was shoddy as was the acting. If you're into a character study of what it would be like if an ape (or at least a guy dressed as one) behaved like a human with aspirations of becoming the most boring minuture puppeteer on the planet this movie is for you, if you're looking for an entertaining flick, look elsewhere.

1/5

Last edited:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chimpster and Wahesh, I'd be interested in your opinions on 2 classic films I just watched on Netflix, Wounds & The King.