Exile Files: St Helens tell Bulldogs hands off, English club eyes ‘top quality’ NRL signing

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SAINTS MOVE TO SHUT DOWN PROP TALK

St Helens have rubbished reports they could let star props Luke Thompson and Alex Walmsley leave to join Canterbury before their contracts end.

A recent Daily Telegraph report said Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill had travelled to England to have a meeting with the duo who starred in the Red V’s Super League grand final win over Salford.

Walmsley had an opportunity to come to the NRL before he signed a long-term deal with the club, while Thompson has also been attracting attention from South Sydney in recent months.

St Helens CEO Mike Rush said the pair were going nowhere.

“There is nothing in it,” Rush told UK publication League Weekly.

“I don’t know where the Walmsley story has come from because he’s contracted for another three years, and Thommo is contracted to the end of next year.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/203fa2186eb3e8e3be008992008bb02a

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearly they don't know how contracts work in rugby league

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Andrew Hill has wasted 2 trips to the UK when he could have picked up the phone to confirm a few things first he's an idiot.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe everything you read in the media from the likes of the Mole you are an idiot.
There must be some truth in a direct quote from the St Helens CEO and it would be quite easy for any journo or someone like Andrew Hill to verify if true (like you would think you would do before flying to England once, or on 2 occasions)

“I don’t know where the Walmsley story has come from because he’s contracted for another three years, and Thommo is contracted to the end of next year.”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There must be some truth in a direct quote from the St Helens CEO and it would be quite easy for any journo or someone like Andrew Hill to verify if true (like you would think you would do before flying to England once, or on 2 occasions)

I always thought Thompson was staying at St Helens for 2020 and all the negotiations are for 21?

Even a direct quote from a CEO doesn’t hold much substance he has nothing to gain giving details to the media.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you believe everything you read in the media from the likes of the Mole you are an idiot.
Yeah, he was an idiot when for 6 months he was saying Klemmer wanted to leave and requested out even when Klemmer and the club denied it and we believed that the club wouldn't lie to us LOL

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
NSW is a society of do what you want and fuck everybody else, its the new way.
Welcome to NSW.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he was an idiot when for 6 months he was saying Klemmer wanted to leave and requested out even when Klemmer and the club denied it and we believed that the club wouldn't lie to us LOL
He gets way more wrong then he gets right. Believe him all you want.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t want too believe this at all. But would not surprise me.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Andrew Hill has wasted 2 trips to the UK when he could have picked up the phone to confirm a few things first he's an idiot.
You and Brady should’ve gone over. You could have done the meeting like when they are applying for jobs together on stepbrothers!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You and Brady should’ve gone over. You could have done the meeting like when they are applying for jobs together on stepbrothers!
Why me? I understand that players aren't going to choose us over other clubs for the same amount of $. Also Thompson on contract so he'd be a 2021 signing. Haven't been the biggest fan of signing the other guy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hello there Miss Lady, where here to fuk shite up! lol

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would a transfer fee count towards the salary cap?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would a transfer fee count towards the salary cap?
It wouldn't. It's just so the club losing the player gets something out of it. It's usually that or a player swap.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why me? I understand that players aren't going to choose us over other clubs for the same amount of $. Also Thompson on contract so he'd be a 2021 signing. Haven't been the biggest fan of signing the other guy.
The recruitment guns!