News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allgood. I'm fine to pay a bit over for Jake to get his brother.

If we have to pay 200k a year extra to secure his brother then it's fine by me.
Yh I feel 800k is already overs for Jake. I wouldn't pay mega $$$ for a forward that can't break the line and generate momentum alone.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh I feel 800k is already overs for Jake. I wouldn't pay mega $$$ for a forward that can't break the line and generate momentum alone.
I would to get his brother. He's better than Klemmer.

Also he hasn't regressed than much in run metres this year only 10 compared to last year. That's probably just because AFB stepped up big time.

The way he and his brother play together is another plus.

Finally, the way he played in Origin says it all for me.

Sure in a perfect world and we are the Storm or Roosters or some other cap cheats then yeah no need to pay extra. But we aren't, we're a bottom feeder and if we have to pay more for him to land his brother, bring it on.

It's a moot point anyway we won't get them LOL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would to get his brother. He's better than Klemmer.

Also he hasn't regressed than much in run metres this year only 10 compared to last year. That's probably just because AFB stepped up big time.

The way he and his brother play together is another plus.

Finally, the way he played in Origin says it all for me.

Sure in a perfect world and we are the Storm or Roosters or some other cap cheats then yeah no need to pay extra. But we aren't, we're a bottom feeder and if we have to pay more for him to land his brother, bring it on.

It's a moot point anyway we won't get them LOL.
Yh it's not happening, we're signing Papenhuyzen instead so no way we're after Tom/Jake package deal ;)

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, according to Hooper-Scooper, the dogs are going to spend almost HALF their cap on four players from 2021-2024?

None of which is a half, 5/8 or hooker?

Averaging $200k for the other 26 players which includes the captain???

Hooper-Scooper, THAT is some grade-A dogshit right there

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These three would turn us into title contenders. It would be brilliant.
I would pay 1.1 million for Fifita....otherwise he will be off to the roosters....he is young....he is a rare talent...he is just what we need to build club around
Look if we sign anyone of awesome calibre then I am happy. For me I'm happy for us to inflate the turbo's boys price up to try and fuk Des but I don't know if they're really suited to us. Great kids they seem but they are Manly boys and I would be shocked if they moved. Fafita should definitely be a priority whether we have too many forwards or not. We don't have any near him. Can't help but think we need to be smarter then targeting the obvious in Turbo's and Mitchell etc.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only risk with these two is Tommy is seen to be injury prone. But like I said so was Teddy with his shit house knees.
If NO club had a FB, EVERY SINGLE CLUB would be bidding for his services injury prone or not.

Worth every penny.
Would not get tommy....DWZ is our future half back

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jake does play like another Half on the field tho. What do we need? It could be beneficial. Jake isn't who I'd sign but that is something to remember.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So, according to Hooper-Scooper, the dogs are going to spend almost HALF their cap on four players from 2021-2024?

None of which is a half, 5/8 or hooker?

Averaging $200k for the other 26 players which includes the captain???

Hooper-Scooper, THAT is some grade-A dogshit right there
I don't think he meant and Latrell. Three out of the four. I think we'll just get one personally, possibly two.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these players mean nothing if they don’t gel. This is where a good coach comes in as well as captain.
As a fan, I really want this the most. We hope this happens and have next year to see this come to fruition.......... maybe

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't want to go for either.

Tommy - great player and can find the try-line but he become injury-prone over the last couple of seasons. We've learned the hard way what investing a large chunk of your salary to one injury-prone sea eagle can do - let's not risk it again. DWZ is doing a great job at custodian.

Jake - definitely not as great as Tom and also play a different position. It's awful to say this, but I fear that Tommy's talent has raised Jake's profile. I also think we are well covered in the forwards.

David - I could be wrong, but hasn't he been involved in controversy? Our club certainly does not need any of that!
Agree about Tom raising Jakes profile but Jake was great in Origin. Seems like the ultimate professional and someone you want to build the club around... One of the best defenders in the league, can ball-play and will probably captain a team at some stage of his career. He's the modern workhorse with a lot more skill and instinct.... countless times I've seen him back up in support after a break has been made or scores a try from an offload near the line...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those saying Tom's injury prone... its only this year that he missed a fair chunk of the season since becoming a regular first grader.... Can happen to any player, remember SBW was the same.

Screenshot_20191024_205634.jpg

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see Turbos staying at Manly on unders (backended - a Des specialty). Fifita and Cam Murray are interesting. Roosters want Murray and if he wants to go there, then Suffs would be favorites to get Fifita. I just cant see Fifita choosing Anderson/Pay over a Politis/Robinson Roosters or a Crowe/Bennett Suffs. We will get none of these. If we lose Thompson to Suffs then send Hill back to UK to get someone else.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can see Turbos staying at Manly on unders (backended - a Des specialty). Fifita and Cam Murray are interesting. Roosters want Murray and if he wants to go there, then Suffs would be favorites to get Fifita. I just cant see Fifita choosing Anderson/Pay over a Politis/Robinson Roosters or a Crowe/Bennett Suffs. We will get none of these. If we lose Thompson to Suffs then send Hill back to UK to get someone else.
Murray's going to be a 2022 resigning for Rabbitohs or signing for another club. I don't see him going anywhere beforehand (on contract, we'd need to see/hear some unrest between Rabbitohs and Murray).

I thought 2.5m was too much to offer the Trbojevic brothers but if we did it I think it's very possible to lure them. An extra 400k/year for Tom and 100k/year for Jake.

Fifita will depend on if the Roosters or Rabbitohs go in for him. 1m is reasonable considering everything but having to pay 1.2-1.3m isn't. There are also other positions we need to strengthen.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly have already signed the brothers. Its a smokescreen
Manly haven't even tabled them an offer yet. If they'd re-signed them already I think they'd want to be publicising it to the world

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be sending someone else. Hill seems hopeless. Wouldn't be looking at anyone else in the UK. I think we're a really good chance of getting Mitchell if we offer him a MIL or more. He's main interest seems to be dollars. If the Roosters are offering Manu the reported 550K + TPAs obviously, we could get him if we were willing to pay 700K you would think. We should enquire about Maika Sivo. Eels are reportedly trying to re-sign him for around 600k

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be sending someone else. Hill seems hopeless. Wouldn't be looking at anyone else in the UK. I think we're a really good chance of getting Mitchell if we offer him a MIL or more. He's main interest seems to be dollars. If the Roosters are offering Manu the reported 550K + TPAs obviously, we could get him if we were willing to pay 700K you would think. We should enquire about Maika Sivo. Eels are reportedly trying to re-sign him for around 600k
1 million Latrell is still way better than 600k Sivo.... Sivo seems like a really raw player that's still learning the game and will always be a winger..