Fox Sports Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita signing will come down to 1: whether we want him, 2: Roosters, Warriors, Rabbitohs, etc. don't also offer him 1m - he isn't going to pick us over Roosters or Rabbitohs.
The Bunnies will need to have a quick decision made on Burgess to be any hope. Really hope it gets denied or drags on for a while.
Roosters will have to lose too many to fit him in (if you want to believe that or not upto you)
Cant see Warriors having a chance.
If we throw a mil at him we would have a chance, its whether he will take a few 100k less to stay at the Broncs in which they already have the money for. That's my opinion.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Bunnies will need to have a quick decision made on Burgess to be any hope. Really hope it gets denied or drags on for a while.
Roosters will have to lose too many to fit him in (if you want to believe that or not upto you)
Cant see Warriors having a chance.
If we throw a mil at him we would have a chance, its whether he will take a few 100k less to stay at the Broncs in which they already have the money for. That's my opinion.
I've basically wrote those first two lines on these forums somewhere else (I added Rabbitohs not resigning Walker too) on another thread. Warriors are not going to come into the equation unless Fifita wants to move to NZ (for whatever reason) and/or they offer dumb money (1.2-1.3m range). From what I've heard I'm not even sure if the Broncos can compete (I guess they could move players on that're on contract) and if they do then they're not going to be recruiting in the areas they need to (e.g. Halves, I mean there isn't anyone available there anyways).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fifita signing will come down to 1: whether we want him, 2: Roosters, Warriors, Rabbitohs, etc. don't also offer him 1m - he isn't going to pick us over Roosters or Rabbitohs.
1. Its pretty obvious bro .. who wouldn’t want a player like that regardless of your back row stocks. 2. Lol@ warriors. But roosters and souths have probably already spoken to his manager so no doubt they are a threat.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope this is purely to push up their prices at manly

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos are about to move on / retire a number of players on massive coin #Boyd #Mcullogh #Bird #Glenn

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos are about to move on / retire a number of players on massive coin #Boyd #Mcullogh #Bird #Glenn
Im hearing Boyd isn't going anywhere and the only way Bird will go is if someone is prepared to pay. Heard Gillett is on the list though.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. So we are playing the ' mine is bigger than yours"with the Roosters?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Its pretty obvious bro .. who wouldn’t want a player like that regardless of your back row stocks. 2. Lol@ warriors. But roosters and souths have probably already spoken to his manager so no doubt they are a threat.
We can't compete with those 2 clubs especially if they offer the same. At that point it's best we move onto another target.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Boyd and McCullough have another year in their favour. Just because the club wants them out doesn't necessarily mean they will. Bird's on a lot of money and has already been shopped around (you'd think there'd of been a buyer by now). Glenn's not on much. If Broncos are able to offload these players tho they'll have enough money (please no one take them!)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't compete with those 2 clubs especially if they offer the same. At that point it's best we move onto another target.
That’s how I feel about Latrell as well. Eventually we will land somebody big.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why Roosters’ David Fifita pursuit could force Latrell Mitchell to fly the coop

Latrell Mitchell has a big decision to make on his future.
Latrell Mitchell has a big decision to make on his future.
The Sydney Roosters’ interest in signing David Fifita is a further indication the back-to-back premiers appear to be preparing to part company with star centre Latrell Mitchell in 2021.

Rarely do the Roosters let a representative player they are intent on keeping get to the stage of going to the open market as of November 1.

Yet in the case of Kangaroos centre Mitchell, the clock is ticking and rival clubs are queuing up.

While Kiwi Test centre Joey Manu’s new deal is all but done and the Roosters have also signed his younger teenage brother from New Zealand, Mitchell’s latest negotiations have been anything but smooth sailing.

It’s a shame because there’s a view the Roosters understand Mitchell better than most.

After all they’re the club who developed him from the age of 16 when he moved to Sydney from the NSW mid-north coast town of Taree.

In many ways, the Roosters have been like a second family for Mitchell.

But there is a concern the Kangaroos centre can often have a head full of lots of different voices around him pushing the line about being a $1 million a year player.

The Bulldogs got the ball rolling in the middle of this season by getting a third party to approach Mitchell’s family and gauge his interest on switching to Belmore on a deal worth seven figures a season.

There’s a view the Dogs are still very much at the negotiating table but what happens next is anyone’s guess.

Other clubs are guaranteed to be interested. But what price will the Roosters be willing to go to for the Kangaroos star? There’s a view the premiers probably won’t go much over $750,000-a-season.

Whereas once Mitchell hits the open market, he’ll easily be able to command far in excess of that figure.

But compare that with Kiwi Test centre Manu, whose new deal will be announced with the Roosters any day now.

Manu will be on a contract worth around the $550,000-a-season mark.

And on form this year, it’s easy to see which player represents better value for money.

Then the Roosters also have a steady stream of young gun talent consistently rolling off their precession line, with Billy Smith the latest to stake his claim as a player on the rise.

What does it all mean for Latrell? We’ll find out over the next fortnight. Once rival clubs really ramp up negotiations, it’s bound to become a bigger issue.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/cf2060a8f25d87c525256aeee20ce68c

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if we can land lattrell for around $850k it would be good he is a matchwinner which we dont have ,also i reckon he will feel more wanted with us,i love the tightness the boys played with late this year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think if we can land lattrell for around $850k it would be good he is a matchwinner which we dont have ,also i reckon he will feel more wanted with us,i love the tightness the boys played with late this year
If the Roosters offer him $750k he's not coming for any less then 950k-1.05m. How do you feel about that? Money is an incentive but it needs to be definite amount.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Manu on 550 is a fucking steal... That's how roosters do it, guaranteed he'd be getting 200k on the side curtesy of Uncle Nick

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manu on 550 is a fucking steal... That's how roosters do it, guaranteed he'd be getting 200k on the side curtesy of Uncle Nick
We'd get him for 700-800k. The advantage of being a successful club and already having a player like that at the club.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No idea why we're even talking about these as possibilities. We'll be used to push the prices up and the players will go elsewhere or stay. Smart by their managers, but important for us to put these rumours to bed asap so we don't get tied up. But, the club will most likely play along to apease some of our fans into thinking there's a chance.

Don't think there's any as we'd simply have to pay too much on top of what they're already earning. Everyone loves a big signing. Nothing better. But from me I think those days are behind is in that we're not going to pay stupid money anymore which I support.

Latrell for 1m is crazy. Personally, I'd say any player apart from a half shouldn't be earning a mil a year because they're not really match winners. Paying a forward a mil a year is crazy imo. Perhaps a fullback but we have one already ...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No idea why we're even talking about these as possibilities. We'll be used to push the prices up and the players will go elsewhere or stay. Smart by their managers, but important for us to put these rumours to bed asap so we don't get tied up. But, the club will most likely play along to apease some of our fans into thinking there's a chance.

Don't think there's any as we'd simply have to pay too much on top of what they're already earning. Everyone loves a big signing. Nothing better. But from me I think those days are behind is in that we're not going to pay stupid money anymore which I support.

Latrell for 1m is crazy. Personally, I'd say any player apart from a half shouldn't be earning a mil a year because they're not really match winners. Paying a forward a mil a year is crazy imo. Perhaps a fullback but we have one already ...
Is there anyone we've been linked with (I mean anyone, preferably players with a rumoured price tag) that you would/would of liked to of signed?
Also unless something changes in one week we're not getting a Half (someone on contract pops up) so 1m can't be spent there.
I agree Halfback and Fullback are 1m positions tho.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant see us getting any of them. they would want a marquee coach not a rookie like Pay