News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
One’s always broken and the other one is over rated

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol @ tremendous job. They done a good job, hardly anything impressive at this stage YET. A tremendous job would've been cutting someone like Foran loose and having him replaced with a key player, not just riding the cap out with some budget buys and waiting for contracts to expire and free up the cap.
Perhaps you should’ve pitched to the club your seamless strategy of terminating a multi-million dollar contract and obtaining cap dispensation to go with it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One’s always broken and the other one is over rated
Jake is a beast. Big hitter, motor for days, can ball play and gets great yards. Perfect middle forward imo.

Tommy is injured alot but so was Teddy to begin with and he was worth the gamble.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perhaps you should’ve pitched to the club your seamless strategy of terminating a multi-million dollar contract and obtaining cap dispensation to go with it.
That's completely irrelevant. I know you have some obsession over the board so there is really no point in discussing this with you.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jake is a beast. Big hitter, motor for days, can ball play and gets great yards. Perfect middle forward imo.

Tommy is injured alot but so was Teddy to begin with and he was worth the gamble.
We hardly need him though. His running game has regressed this season and has become reliant passing before line. I'm sure the Manly system is responsible for a lot of that but he's hardly this million dollar player. Murray imo is the more appealing player and who I'd rather have in the team.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd take RTS from Warriors over any name thats been mentioned thus far.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We hardly need him though. His running game has regressed this season and has become reliant passing before line. I'm sure the Manly system is responsible for a lot of that but he's hardly this million dollar player. Murray imo is the more appealing player and who I'd rather have in the team.
Yeah but going for Murray and Tommy T is not likley get it done. They (jake and Tom) want to play together.

Tbh I don't think we'll get them anyway. Just my opinion but if we have to pay a little extra for an Austrailan and Nsw forward to grab his brother then it's fine by me. And we may not need a forward now but it looks like we're not going to re sign Tolman so Jake would just take his place.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger's not even starting. He's behind Lewis. I assume you're not a Lewis fan?
I'm a fan of Lewis just not blind to the fact he can't organise the team properly. I can handle him as a 6 but all the chat about him leading the side around is just that, Wakeham or Cogger need to be our 7 long-term

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also I was just responding to a post were someone said Jake is overrated, which I don't think he is. And that Tommy is always injured which may be true but so was Teddy at one stage.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
An awful lot of money tied up in players that may not be happy at Belmore - as we've seen time and again. Better to recruit promising juniors and hold onto them, so they are trained up in the Bulldog culture, and will have some loyalty to us as they develop.

I'm tired of reading about our failed attempts to chase big names only to be left looking foolish when the players never had any intention of leaving their clubs - or the Roosters/Broncos found room for them under their salary caps.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And if clubs are willing to offer a certain amount of money for said players then thats what they are worth. Not what some fans think we should spend.

Players are just going for more and more money no matter what we think they are worth.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah but going for Murray and Tommy T is not likley get it done. They (jake and Tom) want to play together.

Tbh I don't think we'll get them anyway. Just my opinion but if we have to pay a little extra for an Austrailan and Nsw forward to grab his brother then it's fine by me. And we may not need a forward now but it looks like we're not going to re sign Tolman so Jake would just take his place.
The only way I'm paying over a mill for Jake is if Jake is splitting his pay with Tom :tearsofjoy:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better off signing more players in that 400-700 bracket and leaving the million dollar players alone. It’s to risky , look at your Ash Taylors. When you go big and your marquee player is injured or out of form it has to much impact on the team

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way I'm paying over a mill for Jake is if Jake is splitting his pay with Tom :tearsofjoy:
Allgood. I'm fine to pay a bit over for Jake to get his brother.

If we have to pay 200k a year extra to secure his brother then it's fine by me.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Better off signing more players in that 400-700 bracket and leaving the million dollar players alone. It’s to risky , look at your Ash Taylors. When you go big and your marquee player is injured or out of form it has to much impact on the team
The only risk with these two is Tommy is seen to be injury prone. But like I said so was Teddy with his shit house knees.
If NO club had a FB, EVERY SINGLE CLUB would be bidding for his services injury prone or not.

Worth every penny.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In fact evry single club without a decent FB and cap space will be putting an offer in for Tom Turbo, and they'll be offering as much as they can because he is that good. Even being injury prone.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's completely irrelevant. I know you have some obsession over the board so there is really no point in discussing this with you.
Irrelevant? It's in direct reference to your prior statement.

Please detail your early termination/exit plan for Foran (including grounds for obtaining cap dispensation from NRL), and once that is achieved - who you would've bought with the funds that would've taken us deep into the finals this year and last.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell > Fifita
Trbo brothers too much money (more so Tom). I'm also scared about Tom's injury record.

I agree with the price tags (what we'd have to pay) but for us to have enough room for 3.4m worth of talent we're going to have to move on a lot more experienced players then I first expected.
We need to upgrade fullback I agree to seriously challenge for a premiership but we need a centre even more (in preference for Holland/Harper/Montoya's spot) next to Hopa. So we need 2 backs and 1 new dynamic forward (to replace Tolman in 2021) would be a luxury but if this article is true we're after 2 forwards and 1 back. That's stupid if true. We'd be better off and it would be more cost effective to sign Mitchell for fullback @1M, Ramien @500K and Fifita @1M = 2.5M. For the same spend as getting the Turbo bros and Fifita (3.4M) we could sign Tom Turbo @1.4M, Mitchell as a centre @1M and Fifita @1M. This would probably be the best team we could hope to get and would definitely challenge for a title in 2021. I can't see how Jake is worth 1M or more at all. You could get grand final virtual man of the match JWH for almost half that. Fifita is worth 1M because he's a freak in attack and could be the difference in winning many games. Jake is just a good hard worker. (worth about 750K at most)

Tom Turbo
DWZ
Will Hopoate
Latrell Mitchell
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis / Brandon Wakeham
Dylan Napa
JMK
Renouf Toomaga
CHN
Josh Jackson
David Fifita

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Irrelevant? It's in direct reference to your prior statement.

Please detail your early termination/exit plan for Foran (including grounds for obtaining cap dispensation from NRL), and once that is achieved - who you would've bought with the funds that would've taken us deep into the finals this year and last.
And once again that's completely irrelevant. My abilities do not matter in the slightest, the board can and will still be judged. No need to try and put me on the gronk to try and make them look better.