Opinion BankWest or belmore

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury leagues club to Bankwest Stadium - 21km
Canterbury leagues to where the new SFS will allegedly be built - 16km.

Food for though.
I always felt at home at the old SFS with plenty of good memories there.

The actual distance isn't much difference but it is a nightmare for parking around Moore Park and on a Friday night the traffic is horrific.

With the new light rail going there it would be pretty easy to get to with public transport and there's so many better places for a beers before and after the game around there too.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always felt at home at the old SFS with plenty of good memories there.

The actual distance isn't much difference but it is a nightmare for parking around Moore Park and on a Friday night the traffic is horrific.

With the new light rail going there it would be pretty easy to get to with public transport and there's so many better places for a beers before and after the game around there too.
Will the light rail make much difference? There is currently a perfectly decent shuttle bus from central to games at Moore Park. Also depending on fitness levels, it is walking distance from city (and a good excuse for a pub crawl).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will the light rail make much difference? There is currently a perfectly decent shuttle bus from central to games at Moore Park. Also depending on fitness levels, it is walking distance from city (and a good excuse for a pub crawl).
I must admit I have only got the shuttle bus a couple of times and preferred pub crawling it up Foveaux Street but on the few times I got the bus it would have been quicker walking because of the traffic.

In theory the light rail will carry a lot more people and get you there in a couple of minutes from the CBD I guess we will have to see if it actually does.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with some of your points but if u turned it east to west,you could have 2 grandstands,1 two levels high on the railway end,and a 1 level stand on the residential side,and 2 tier seating on both ends,with new toilet facilities on both ends,with the technology available today,it would be feasible,dependant on government,and local council
Problem is, it is facing the sunset.

So unless you built something that is going to contend with that, it will not be a "quality" stadium ie rooftop.

Still a pipedream though

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parr’

Parra never paid a cent for their stadium so we should demand a new one
Because they weren't banging down the door for one. The Wanderers were. They had to cap their memberships @ 15,000 and had an additional 2,000 on the waiting list

Parra just got on the coattails and went on for the ride and got a new stadium as a result.

Thanks Gladys, ya mout.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do it mate! You’ll never look back
Yh It will be okay until I run out of money haha. Probably go back and finish my apprenticeship first as that would make it a lot easier to drift around and pick up work as I go until I find somewhere I'm happy with....then again I've been saying this for years.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh It will be okay until I run out of money haha. Probably go back and finish my apprenticeship first as that would make it a lot easier to drift around and pick up work as I go until I find somewhere I'm happy with....then again I've been saying this for years.
That’s the pull of Sydney, it’s shit but you can’t just leave it lol

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Belmore is an absolute third world poverty ground

Bankwest every day of the week

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good idea. Once you’re qualified you can work anywhere, life is cheaper and much more relaxed

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just upgrade entrance and exit and toilet facilities at belmore... It's not like we fill up the entire stadium anyways... so capacity and hence space isn't really the issue.

The facilities regarding security and entrance are definitely poor tho.

Banned
Reaction score
Why can't the gumbyment just buy out the houses and partially bury the stadium, so there are hills to build the seating upon and reduce noise for residents and lighting for the players?
Oh and give us a roof, because fuck Parramatta, we're better!
Use some of the land for a joint commuter/stadium car park.
And anyone that doesn't agree, are not true dogs fans, don't have dogs DNA in them and should GTFO of the dogs heartland!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally don't like watching games at Belmore oval , it's chaotic on the hill, people standing up in front of you then you gotta stand to watch but cause you're a short-arse you can't see anyway.. Then you get your bogan drunks yelling obscene language at the opposition players, it's actually quite embarrassing when the player turns around . I feel like yelling obscenities at the bogan but then that'll make me a bogan too.
Nahhh much prefer the professional feel to ANZ stadium to Belmore oval any day of the week.

Banned
Reaction score
I personally don't like watching games at Belmore oval , it's chaotic on the hill, people standing up in front of you then you gotta stand to watch but cause you're a short-arse you can't see anyway.. Then you get your bogan drunks yelling obscene language at the opposition players, it's actually quite embarrassing when the player turns around . I feel like yelling obscenities at the bogan but then that'll make me a bogan too.
Nahhh much prefer the professional feel to ANZ stadium to Belmore oval any day of the week.
R U OK ? :grinning:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U make a fair point,but making the hill an all seated are,would solve those issues,and better for security,there are solutions there ,it's a matter of if the club really wants it.

Banned
Reaction score
I'd rather the hill stay.
Look at stadiums that removed grassed areas for more seating.
It removed a part of that stadiums culture.
Proof?
Cricket, in particular one day matches.
Nothing wrong with bogan culture, or as it used to be known by, Aussie larrikins :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
BankWest is FRESH. Are we the only undefeated club there?