News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here, the only player from the above list that can make a massive difference to the dogs is Tommy Turbo. Quick, strong, a try scoring machine and has X factor.

Conversely, I think his brother is just a solid forward and not worth the big bucks. He is not worth 1.1 mill a year lol, as reported. Jake won't deliver us a premiership but tommy turbo may.

And then fifita- a great young player, but don't think he will succeed at the dogs. I see that his head is growing bigger and bigger. And he hasn't done anything too spectacular at the broncos. I just think he will be t rex 2.0.

I would be chasing Addo carr, Latrell mitchell and Thompson from England
Sorry but Jake t is just shy off the best forward in the game.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
35.35% (rounded to 2 decimal places).

This is what we accountants do for kicks on our lunch breaks...

(Having said that, i would assume some of these deals would include TPAs).
Trbo brothers have come out and said they don't want TPA's (due to past TPA's falling through, not with them specifically). I think they're going to be more interested in the flat amount and the TPA's are just a bonus, which they should be.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think the Turbo bros are worth every penny.

I'd over pay for Fifita too if it means the other cocksucker clubs don't get him (rabbits and Roosters). Sick of those twats buying all the best players.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trbo brothers have come out and said they don't want TPA's (due to past TPA's falling through, not with them specifically). I think they're going to be more interested in the flat amount and the TPA's are just a bonus, which they should be.
I think you would find that most players would rather not rely on TPAs. It has been the cause of a quite a few fallings out between players and clubs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do expect we'll sign some established quality ahead of 2021 but I don't think for a moment that we're going to be spending in excess of a million per player for thes e three players. They're not all playmakers. An elite playmaker might create scoring opportunities for any player in their team on any given set. So the huge spend might be justified. However it can't be justified on forwards. I dislike Wayne Bennett, but remember reading that he'd never blow the budget on forwards when we scalped Ben Hannant. It seems like a good idea. The laws of supply and demand mean that more quality forwards are always available. And as much as I enjoyed seeing the forward packs we used to have dominate, the game has nullified the importance of having a brutal forward pack.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I do expect we'll sign some established quality ahead of 2021 but I don't think for a moment that we're going to be spending in excess of a million per player for thes e three players. They're not all playmakers. An elite playmaker might create scoring opportunities for any player in their team on any given set. So the huge spend might be justified. However it can't be justified on forwards. I dislike Wayne Bennett, but remember reading that he'd never blow the budget on forwards when we scalped Ben Hannant. It seems like a good idea. The laws of supply and demand mean that more quality forwards are always available. And as much as I enjoyed seeing the forward packs we used to have dominate, the game has nullified the importance of having a brutal forward pack.
Wighton, Walker, Townsend and I guess Croft and Sezer. That's pretty much all that's available and there is about a week for that to change (on contract players wanting out/pushed out). We need a controlling/dominant Halfback more then a Five-Eighth too.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now half the comp wants Fifita for a million bucks! He will therefore either go to the Roosters, or stay with the Broncos for less. Pity, cause he is a rare non-spine player clubs can build the team around IMO and he would be great for us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wighton, Walker, Townsend and I guess Croft and Sezer. That's pretty much all that's available and there is about a week for that to change (on contract players wanting out/pushed out). We need a controlling/dominant Halfback more then a Five-Eighth too.
We have our dominant half in Cogger I have no doubt with a real halves coach and good players around him that he will be able to steer the side around very well. Wakeham is the other great hope, I don't think we need to buy any halves tbh, build around what we have coming through

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have our dominant half in Cogger I have no doubt with a real halves coach and good players around him that he will be able to steer the side around very well. Wakeham is the other great hope, I don't think we need to buy any halves tbh, build around what we have coming through
Cogger's not even starting. He's behind Lewis. I assume you're not a Lewis fan?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exciting times boys.

Those responsible for managing our cap over the past 18-24 months have done a tremendous job to get us out of the doldrums and into a position to strike in the market.

I’m confident we’ll hit our marks.
Lol @ tremendous job. They done a good job, hardly anything impressive at this stage YET. A tremendous job would've been cutting someone like Foran loose and having him replaced with a key player, not just riding the cap out with some budget buys and waiting for contracts to expire and free up the cap.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I think the Turbo bros are worth every penny.

I'd over pay for Fifita too if it means the other cocksucker clubs don't get him (rabbits and Roosters). Sick of those twats buying all the best players.
These three would turn us into title contenders. It would be brilliant.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol @ tremendous job. They done a good job, hardly anything impressive at this stage YET. A tremendous job would've been cutting someone like Foran loose and having him replaced with a key player, not just riding the cap out with some budget buys and waiting for contracts to expire and free up the cap.
Because they didn't try and people were beating the door down for the Foz?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as this sounds great. I don’t believe it will happen, we may land some good signings... but if this does happen it will be a very impressive move by our club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because they didn't try and people were beating the door down for the Foz?
What's your point? That's what I'd consider tremendous, something extraordinary and to be in awe of.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think everyone is learning to not trust anything the media shits out...
You would hope so. Yet they will still argue the merit of their points, until the death, over mere speculation by the useless media!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Look if we sign anyone of awesome calibre then I am happy. For me I'm happy for us to inflate the turbo's boys price up to try and fuk Des but I don't know if they're really suited to us. Great kids they seem but they are Manly boys and I would be shocked if they moved. Fafita should definitely be a priority whether we have too many forwards or not. We don't have any near him. Can't help but think we need to be smarter then targeting the obvious in Turbo's and Mitchell etc.