Opinion BankWest or belmore

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now there is something interesting to note.

I would argue, that if they could SOMEHOW find a way to fit in a quality stadium in what space they have, then the Leagues might want pitch in. Why? Long term investment. You will have an additional 10-15,000 people within 3 blocks of the leagues club, for 12 weeks of the year, excluding finals.

That's a huge opportunity for them to bring in punters for pre-drinks, post drinks, lunch/dinners - you name it.
The problem is stadiums are money pits and the challenge is finding ways for the stadium to make money all year round which will be made even harder by these new stadiums in better locations.

BankWest cost $360 million to build so that's a ball park figure so it's going to take a lot of game days to make their money back.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Belmore space too small, and an East West stadium not going to happen, using the Peter Moore reserve (and a number of accommodating residents ;) ), the new Peter Moore Stadium (PMS? ok that needs more work) could look like this...

Attachments

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is stadiums are money pits and the challenge is finding ways for the stadium to make money all year round which will be made even harder by these new stadiums in better locations.

BankWest cost $360 million to build so that's a ball park figure so it's going to take a lot of game days to make their money back.
Well, we do have Sydney Olympic. And a proper built stadium could draw smaller events. 360 million for Bankwest is a bargain IMO. My only criticism, is I think it should have been 35k stadium (realistically speaking they went from a 22k stadium to 30k).

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Belmore space too small, and an East West stadium not going to happen, using the Peter Moore reserve (and a number of accommodating residents ;) ), the new Peter Moore Stadium (PMS? ok that needs more work) could look like this...
Maybe call it Belmore Stadium - but name the main grandstand after him?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, we do have Sydney Olympic. And a proper built stadium could draw smaller events. 360 million for Bankwest is a bargain IMO. My only criticism, is I think it should have been 35k stadium (realistically speaking they went from a 22k stadium to 30k).
I doubt Olympic will ever get into the A League so they don't need a stadium similar to BankWest for the thousand or so people that go to their games.

$360m might be value for money for the stadium but getting that money in the first place is the biggest problem.

I'd love it to happen but I can't even see it happening.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt Olympic will ever get into the A League so they don't need a stadium similar to BankWest for the thousand or so people that go to their games.

$360m might be value for money for the stadium but getting that money in the first place is the biggest problem.

I'd love it to happen but I can't even see it happening.

Likewise, mate.

Shitty pipe dream...

Just like Andy du Fresne

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Concerts etc too which would be harder to book in Belmore

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
haha to be fair I hate most of sydney equally
Yh true, I have thought about packing up my shit and just pissing off to fuck knows where and having a new start outside of Sydney.....but I'm a pussy and never gone through with it haha.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yh true, I have thought about packing up my shit and just pissing off to fuck knows where and having a new start outside of Sydney.....but I'm a pussy and never gone through with it haha.
Do it mate! You’ll never look back

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
in all honesty Belmore is a shit hole of a ground these days, ok for a bit of nostalgia
i have great memories of years back but it has lost its magic for me

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Bankwest for me as I live 10 minutes from it these days LOL

Reactions: TAS

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are digging into Peter Moore reserve, there is no chance of any development happening there. It is located in the most inconvenient area for fans.

It borders a train station, resident housing, and a reserve. If we were to expand, we would need to push away from the train fence line, to have that a tenable area for fans. That would then eat into space on the other side (residents). So then you could argue we could move over into the park area, eating into a park named after our greatest Stalwart. Not a good look.

So then maybe you could then turn it 90 degrees... you're then making it a east-west facing stadium. Not ideal.

It is a no win situation here, unfortunately.
I agree with some of your points but if u turned it east to west,you could have 2 grandstands,1 two levels high on the railway end,and a 1 level stand on the residential side,and 2 tier seating on both ends,with new toilet facilities on both ends,with the technology available today,it would be feasible,dependant on government,and local council

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with some of your points but if u turned it east to west,you could have 2 grandstands,1 two levels high on the railway end,and a 1 level stand on the residential side,and 2 tier seating on both ends,with new toilet facilities on both ends,with the technology available today,it would be feasible,dependant on government,and local council
East west just isn't ideal though, unless you're playing every game at night.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury leagues club to Bankwest Stadium - 21km
Canterbury leagues to where the new SFS will allegedly be built - 16km.

Food for thought.

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parr’
Now there is something interesting to note.

I would argue, that if they could SOMEHOW find a way to fit in a quality stadium in what space they have, then the Leagues might want pitch in. Why? Long term investment. You will have an additional 10-15,000 people within 3 blocks of the leagues club, for 12 weeks of the year, excluding finals.

That's a huge opportunity for them to bring in punters for pre-drinks, post drinks, lunch/dinners - you name it.
Parra never paid a cent for their stadium so we should demand a new one

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love for Belmore to get a revamp but at the end of the day it just isn't feasible. There is no room to do anything being wedged in by homes and a railway. Keep our 2 games a year there for nostalgia and play as much as possible at bankwest which is a fantastic stadium.

Reactions: TAS

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parr’

Parra never paid a cent for their stadium so we should demand a new one
i'm not in Sydney/NSW so may have missed it - but has it ever been justified why Parra got a free stadium (as opposed to the ground being more "nuetral")?