SportingNews/Lurker The Rort Continues..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'll do it, but they'd have to do something like that to fit him in. If they can find someone to take Crichton for majority of what he's on there is the money right there. I also believe they will lose the majority of their off contract players due to rival club offers (Friend retirement). So not sure how people can say "the rort continues". Just jealousy really.
How long have you been following rugby league for as an adult mate?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long have you been following rugby league for as an adult mate?
How long have you been jealous of the Roosters team/success mate?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long have you been jealous of the Roosters team/success mate?
I asked you first and then I’ll answer that honestly

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'll do it, but they'd have to do something like that to fit him in. If they can find someone to take Crichton for majority of what he's on there is the money right there. I also believe they will lose the majority of their off contract players due to rival club offers (Friend retirement). So not sure how people can say "the rort continues". Just jealousy really.
Sorry, I forgot that you are the NRL's chief salary cap auditor.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot that you are the NRL's chief salary cap auditor.
When they lose/move on players are you going to apologise? or pretend like they didn't? How many years have you already been doing that? You're jealous it's whatever.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
5 years, last 2 more closely then you.
Ok mate, bugger all as I suspected.
If you won’t listen to me and everyone else on here find other older league fans and ask them about the roosters. Ex players openly joke about it on TV, ex roosters players that I regularly catch up with for a beer are open and honest about it and it’s basically common knowledge about Nick Politis and his payments outside the cap whether it be cash, rigged golf games, free cars, property, holidays and high paying jobs for family members to do nothing.

You hear roosters fans say well how come no one blows the whistle? To that I answer, have you heard of the ATO? Nick Politis is also a very powerful and not a person you shit on.

Now about you thinking I’m jealous of the roosters success. I can see how someone who has only been following the game for 5 years would be in awe of their success. I am not. For the amount of money they have spent for so long they don’t really have as many premierships as they should and also have 2002 where they did a Steven Bradbury (google him) after we were caught over the cap.

I am actually not jealous of the roosters, in fact I feel sorry for them. They are soulless, have no fans unless they are winning the comp and their players have always come and gone so quick it would be a shit club to get attached to your favourite player. Imagine winning a comp only for everyone to say you are cheats, have tainted premierships and should have an asterisk next to your win in the record books. If you’re after quick success you’re following the wrong club at the wrong time

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they lose/move on players are you going to apologise? or pretend like they didn't? How many years have you already been doing that? You're jealous it's whatever.
Mate, I think you are missing the point.
Sure, they let go of a player here or there, but it by no means equates to the players they bring in.

Would you say Mitchell Pearce for Cooper Cronk is an even trade?
Aiden Guerra for James Tedesco?

Or moving forward; Jake Friend for David Fifita?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok mate, bugger all as I suspected.
If you won’t listen to me and everyone else on here find other older league fans and ask them about the roosters. Ex players openly joke about it on TV, ex roosters players that I regularly catch up with for a beer are open and honest about it and it’s basically common knowledge about Nick Politis and his payments outside the cap whether it be cash, rigged golf games, free cars, property, holidays and high paying jobs for family members to do nothing.

You hear roosters fans say well how come no one blows the whistle? To that I answer, have you heard of the ATO? Nick Politis is also a very powerful and not a person you shit on.

Now about you thinking I’m jealous of the roosters success. I can see how someone who has only been following the game for 5 years would be in awe of their success. I am not. For the amount of money they have spent for so long they don’t really have as many premierships as they should and also have 2002 where they did a Steven Bradbury (google him) after we were caught over the cap.

I am actually not jealous of the roosters, in fact I feel sorry for them. They are soulless, have no fans unless they are winning the comp and their players have always come and gone so quick it would be a shit club to get attached to your favourite player. Imagine winning a comp only for everyone to say you are cheats, have tainted premierships and should have an asterisk next to your win in the record books. If you’re after quick success you’re following the wrong club at the wrong time
It's a meme. ex-Rooster players are joking. Brett Finch is one of those players and on the Matty Johns Podcast when he was being serious repeated basically what I've told you just more in detail/professional (he also jokes that he was a bad footballer, but he really wasn't). You're basically telling me to take your word when you've got nothing to show me (for all I know you don't have any ex-Rooster friends, considering you think ex-Roosters players on TV - I've seen every bit of content/media this year, are serious). Also every club in theory could do what you're saying (payments outside the cap) and get away with it (I also believe a few players would come out with proof and expose them). I'd rather believe that no one is and if you haven't been caught then innocent until proven guilty...

I admit I only like to hate/beat the Roosters because they're successful/the best team in the NRL. I'm not going to be pathetic and resort to calling them cheaters tho. I understand that it's easier to recruit at all levels when you're on top. As long as the Roosters are at the top and manage their roster correctly they're never going to fall (that isn't possible, they'll eventually fall). They spend the same as any club, but in recent times are able to sign players for cheaper, e.g. 100k under their value because they're successful and you're more likely to develop into a better player signing there (e.g. Tedesco, Roosters deserve so much credit).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sure, they let go of a player here or there, but it by no means equates to the players they bring in.

Jake Friend for Fifita won't happen. More like JWH and Friend or Latrell and Friend for Fifita...
It wouldn't of just been Pearce and Guerra out either. Also both of them at the time would of been on decent $.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And this is before even considering that they need to upgrade contracts to keep a team who has won* back to back premierships together.
Most teams cant even keep a team together after winning one grand final.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And this is before even considering that they need to upgrade contracts to keep a team who has won* back to back premierships together.
Most teams cant even keep a team together after winning one grand final.
Who in their 17 did they have to resign after last years GF? AFAIK this will be the first time their "stars" are going to be off contract. There is no way they're keeping and upgrading all of their players. You'll see.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a meme. ex-Rooster players are joking. Brett Finch is one of those players and on the Matty Johns Podcast when he was being serious repeated basically what I've told you just more in detail/professional (he also jokes that he was a bad footballer, but he really wasn't). You're basically telling me to take your word when you've got nothing to show me (for all I know you don't have any ex-Rooster friends, considering you think ex-Roosters players on TV - I've seen every bit of content/media this year, are serious). Also every club in theory could do what you're saying (payments outside the cap) and get away with it (I also believe a few players would come out with proof and expose them). I'd rather believe that no one is and if you haven't been caught then innocent until proven guilty...

I admit I only like to hate/beat the Roosters because they're successful/the best team in the NRL. I'm not going to be pathetic and resort to calling them cheaters tho. I understand that it's easier to recruit at all levels when you're on top. As long as the Roosters are at the top and manage their roster correctly they're never going to fall (that isn't possible, they'll eventually fall). They spend the same as any club, but in recent times are able to sign players for cheaper, e.g. 100k under their value because they're successful and you're more likely to develop into a better player signing there (e.g. Tedesco, Roosters deserve so much credit).
Ok, so going by your logic, Melbourne didn't get away with systemically and severely rorting the cap for 5 years but for a small cog in the machine coming out as a whistle blower?
Players and officials left the club in that time and there were plenty of others who would have known and could've done something, but they didn't.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok, so going by your logic, Melbourne didn't get away with systemically and severely rorting the cap for 5 years but for a small cog in the machine coming out as a whistle blower?
Players and officials left the club in that time and there were plenty of others who would have known and could've done something, but they didn't.
I'm all logic.
This is all I need. The guy you're saying is corrupt admitting to what I'm saying.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/08...ers-$3m-of-talent-is-ripe-for-rivals-picking/
If it doesn't turn out this way then I'm with you. I'm confident it will tho.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in their 17 did they have to resign after last years GF? AFAIK this will be the first time their "stars" are going to be off contract. There is no way they're keeping and upgrading all of their players. You'll see.
That's the point mate. They get upgraded and under the table payments so they don't need to look elsewhere.
In this day and age, players will openly declare, mid-contract (Ryan Matterson), that they feel they are worth more money (especially when they have just won a premiership).
Rorters are able to keep these players happy and quiet ALL the time with no one hearing about it?

You think Luke Keary is happy being on 650K after winning back to back premierships, Clive Churchill medal and would have been in the Blues but for his concussions?
He should be earning almost $1m per year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the point mate. They get upgraded and under the table payments so they don't need to look elsewhere.
In this day and age, players will openly declare, mid-contract (Ryan Matterson), that they feel they are worth more money (especially when they have just won a premiership).
Rorters are able to keep these players happy and quiet ALL the time with no one hearing about it?

You think Luke Keary is happy being on 650K after winning back to back premierships, Clive Churchill medal and would have been in the Blues but for his concussions?
He should be earning almost $1m per year.
Roosters wouldn't play them. Robinson is one of the best man managers in the NRL. Roosters are a successful team, Tigers are what?

You're just assuming and calling someone a cheater with no evidence. Pathetic. Keary is a player they'll keep and upgrade, legitimately.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters wouldn't play them. Robinson is one of the best man managers in the NRL. Roosters are a successful team, Tigers are what?
Robinson has some of the best wingmen in the league. As in Politis and Greenburg. Makes it hell of a lot easier to manage happy cashed up footballers.