News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't want to go for either.

Tommy - great player and can find the try-line but he become injury-prone over the last couple of seasons. We've learned the hard way what investing a large chunk of your salary to one injury-prone sea eagle can do - let's not risk it again. DWZ is doing a great job at custodian.

Jake - definitely not as great as Tom and also play a different position. It's awful to say this, but I fear that Tommy's talent has raised Jake's profile. I also think we are well covered in the forwards.

David - I could be wrong, but hasn't he been involved in controversy? Our club certainly does not need any of that!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this huge money being thrown around and not a 6/7 even in the conversation

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Tommy - great player and can find the try-line but he become injury-prone over the last couple of seasons. We've learned the hard way what investing a large chunk of your salary to one injury-prone sea eagle can do - let's not risk it again. DWZ is doing a great job at custodian.

Jake - definitely not as great as Tom and also play a different position. It's awful to say this, but I fear that Tommy's talent has raised Jake's profile. I also think we are well covered in the forwards.

David - I could be wrong, but hasn't he been involved in controversy? Our club certainly does not need any of that!
If im thinking of what you may be referring too that was Haas' mother.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

You're wrong. Fifita's a good kid. There was that pokies "incident". You might be thinking of Haas but you can't blame him for not ratting out a family member.

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
didnt we sign a David Fafita about 4 years ago

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If im thinking of what you may be referring too that was Haas' mother.
I remember that, but I think Fifita was involved in something. I could be wrong.

Who was the bloke who got suspended for tackling Cooper Cronk too late?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly have already signed the brothers. Its a smokescreen

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember that, but I think Fifita was involved in something. I could be wrong.

Who was the bloke who got suspended for tackling Cooper Cronk too late?
Oh yeah ok.
TPJ was that one. Not sure if Fifita has done anything else though. Nothing springs to mind anyway

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
33% of salary cap on 3 players...... fuck me..... why

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
33% of salary cap on 3 players...... fuck me..... why
35.35% (rounded to 2 decimal places).

This is what we accountants do for kicks on our lunch breaks...

(Having said that, i would assume some of these deals would include TPAs).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The big thing with the turbo boys is all the help they do with their local junior club. If they did sign with us they would still live in Manly and continue to help them out and not our junior clubs etc... 100% their hearts wouldn't be in it. We have travelled down the manly road before and I'd like to avoid it this time

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exciting times boys.

Those responsible for managing our cap over the past 18-24 months have done a tremendous job to get us out of the doldrums and into a position to strike in the market.

I’m confident we’ll hit our marks.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exciting times boys.

Those responsible for managing our cap over the past 18-24 months have done a tremendous job to get us out of the doldrums and into a position to strike in the market.

I’m confident we’ll hit our marks.
Hope so brother!!