SportingNews/Lurker The Rort Continues..

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you needed a laugh (Like I did today), read on:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ock-roosters-switch/h10qdgmo7dyq1n6hvrgux5efb

Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

It won’t happen next year - but may down the track.

Watch this space.

Just have to laugh at how ridiculously unbalanced the competition is.
Won't happen.

He is a bunny through and through just like his father.

Same way he told Jason Cayless that he was an aussie and wasn't playing for NZ.

He will be a Bunny for the forseeable future.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theres a guy on that nrl sledging page saying how uncle n plays golf against players for $$ but he never wins

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Theres a guy on that nrl sledging page saying how uncle n plays golf against players for $$ but he never wins
Jason Ryles literally walked up to his front door and collected a bag with 15k in it..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you needed a laugh (Like I did today), read on:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ock-roosters-switch/h10qdgmo7dyq1n6hvrgux5efb

Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

It won’t happen next year - but may down the track.

Watch this space.

Just have to laugh at how ridiculously unbalanced the competition is.
Fox sports is now saying that the rosters are in a bidding war for David fafita with souths. It also says that the NRL are happy that they have the necessary cap space.
The rort continues.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game has been dead for a while now...It just hasn't been announced :rage::cry:
Not quite dead but on life support, kept alive by the massive promotional campaign from Ch9 and News Ltd.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox sports is now saying that the rosters are in a bidding war for David fafita with souths. It also says that the NRL are happy that they have the necessary cap space.
The rort continues.
Ah, it'll come back on them. Nothing lasts forever. NOTHING. They'll get bitten on the arse soon enough then all of their premiership wins will come into question ...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the salary cap. Problem solved.
We can't compete with the rotters now, how do you think we will be able to compete with them with no cap at all, with Politis and all the other billionaires as well as Ch9 backing them.
We need to look at the possibility of an alternative competition, even only a Mino competition would at least put a spanner in the works of the NRL and undermine Ch9's power and control on the game.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that I have a good memory have been told many times.
THIS IS FACT, some years ago we had a great up and coming star, Mr Gould was at the rotters at the time, when that player established himself as a star. Mr Gould said on television how he had tried to get the young up and coming star to come to the rotters, by buying him expensive dinners, but he admitted that at that time he failed.
Later when the player was an established Test star, I saw a clip TV or print of him flanked by Rickertson and Fitzgibbon.
Some time later the player started complaining how he had learned nothing from Folkes the coach at the time and wanted out, so the club released him.
I'll leave it to other kennelers to guess that player's name, shouldn't be to hard.
Like the rotters want to poach the very best players the rabbits have now. Whats the bet that if we again start developing super star how long would it take for them to find a 3rd party who will turn them against our club.
Mason.

I had a junior coach at Sharks tell me at the time when a former coach in the 2000’s went there in his first year after being at a particular club, that this coach was trying to buy players and the club had to keep knocking him back and he said “I can’t believe the inability of the club to be able to pay players from outside the salary cap here” and he wasn’t talking about TPA’s.... so please, to those who keep saying that clubs don’t cheat, you really are naive. I dont blame the Roosters though, this lands squarely on the NRL’s shoulders. THEY are the chickenshit arseholes

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason.

I had a junior coach at Sharks tell me at the time when a former coach in the 2000’s went there in his first year after being at a particular club, that this coach was trying to buy players and the club had to keep knocking him back and he said “I can’t believe the inability of the club to be able to pay players from outside the salary cap here” and he wasn’t talking about TPA’s.... so please, to those who keep saying that clubs don’t cheat, you really are naive. I dont blame the Roosters though, this lands squarely on the NRL’s shoulders. THEY are the chickenshit arseholes
While ever the cap is primarily based on their stated agreed contract value, this will happen. Make the cap based on set minimium wage levels, use whatever to differentiate levels for different players (games played, club loyalty, rep honours, premierships, father/son, whatever). If a club wants to pay them extra they can, won't matter because the players have a set value that is used for the cap.

A points system is a dirty word in RL, so put a dollar sign in front to make it more palatable.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL salary cap doesn’t work and everybody knows it doesn’t work, yet the NRL is so paralysed and dysfunctional that they don’t seem to be able to do anything about it.
TPA’s are just another weight to tip the already uneven playing field.

When there is no draft you have to look at a system at least similar to major league baseball where everything is public. Only sunlight can kill the festering sore of corruption.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The rort continues.
The rort doesn't continue... Friend, Latrell/Manu and JWH/Taukeiaho will be off the books. If the Roosters let go (not really their choice for the majority, $) of three of those players they have enough funds.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rort doesn't continue... Friend, Latrell/Manu and JWH/Taukeiaho will be off the books. If the Roosters let go (not really their choice for the majority, $) of three of those players they have enough funds.
You think they will let go of 3 of their best to get Fifita?
No way, at worst, they will let go of one.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For 2021 id could see Friend and JWH be gone at least. But that wouldn't cut it, they'd need to upgrade Mitchell and Manu along with Radley/Verrils to start. Cronks money would be at least half gone by now surely in upgrades. If they got Fifita they'd lose one of the Centres I think.
But hey we are getting Fifita and Mitchell so fuck the Roosters!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not saying they'll do it, but they'd have to do something like that to fit him in. If they can find someone to take Crichton for majority of what he's on there is the money right there. I also believe they will lose the majority of their off contract players due to rival club offers (Friend retirement). So not sure how people can say "the rort continues". Just jealousy really.