Opinion BankWest or belmore

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought to put out there,with a new head commissioner in peter vlandys coming in to run the new commission,and we all know that he wants to return games back to suburban grounds,if extra money was spent on belmore,new toilets,catering facilities,and some new seating,around the hill area,what are the thoughts of all kennelers,keep in mind the leagues club now has parking for a few thousand cars,and the station is 700 meters away,not to mention the amount of business the club would make on game day would be enormous,thoughts.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A revamped Belmore would be ideal but it’s not going happen and in it’s current state it’s can only handle a couple of games a year so it’s really only BankWest or ANZ when it’s available.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to BankWest, it looks awesome.... but it's Belmore for me.... that's our territory! not Parramatta, not Homebush

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dislike both areas and hate driving there but Bankwest by far

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was essentially raised on the Belmore hill but I'd lean towards Bankwest stadium at the moment. I went to the Panthers game and then to the 9's last weekend and it's a sensational ground, every seat has a great view and the amenities are second to none. I love Belmore but it's simply not up to scratch these days.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please.
Belmore. Absolutely.
Anyone who would rather the we play out of parramatta, is no bulldog fan.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore is too run down.
Biggest mistake was building the stadium too close to the train tracks.

Banned
Reaction score
Get the gumbyment to build our own bankwest stadium by rotating it 90 degrees.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wankfest..!!! Such a beautiful stadium :smiley:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless you are digging into Peter Moore reserve, there is no chance of any development happening there. It is located in the most inconvenient area for fans.

It borders a train station, resident housing, and a reserve. If we were to expand, we would need to push away from the train fence line, to have that a tenable area for fans. That would then eat into space on the other side (residents). So then you could argue we could move over into the park area, eating into a park named after our greatest Stalwart. Not a good look.

So then maybe you could then turn it 90 degrees... you're then making it a east-west facing stadium. Not ideal.

It is a no win situation here, unfortunately.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Get the gumbyment to build our own bankwest stadium by rotating it 90 degrees.
Maybe all of the first graders and juniors can play in raybans when the sun is shining in their eyes

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless you are digging into Peter Moore reserve, there is no chance of any development happening there. It is located in the most inconvenient area for fans.

It borders a train station, resident housing, and a reserve. If we were to expand, we would need to push away from the train fence line, to have that a tenable area for fans. That would then eat into space on the other side (residents). So then you could argue we could move over into the park area, eating into a park named after our greatest Stalwart. Not a good look.

So then maybe you could then turn it 90 degrees... you're then making it a east-west facing stadium. Not ideal.

It is a no win situation here, unfortunately.
Belmore is never going to have any major works done to it now for pretty much every reason you state. The cost to fix these problems would be astronomical and who is going to foot the bill? No level of government is going to splash that kind of money on a stadium after spending so much on BankWest, SFS and ANZ. The Leagues Club isn’t going to spend money on something they don’t own and are still finishing off major renovations at the club. It’s just never going to happen Belmore’s future is a training base and one or two games a year.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Belmore all day... Just think about all the NRL legends who have graced that field. Not just Dogs players too. Theres history there. FUCK PARRA & FUCK THERE NEW STADIUM!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Belmore is never going to have any major works done to it now for pretty much every reason you state. The cost to fix these problems would be astronomical and who is going to foot the bill? No level of government is going to splash that kind of money on a stadium after spending so much on BankWest, SFS and ANZ. The Leagues Club isn’t going to spend money on something they don’t own and are still finishing off major renovations at the club. It’s just never going to happen Belmore’s future is a training base and one or two games a year.
Now there is something interesting to note.

I would argue, that if they could SOMEHOW find a way to fit in a quality stadium in what space they have, then the Leagues might want pitch in. Why? Long term investment. You will have an additional 10-15,000 people within 3 blocks of the leagues club, for 12 weeks of the year, excluding finals.

That's a huge opportunity for them to bring in punters for pre-drinks, post drinks, lunch/dinners - you name it.