Board need to go if Dogs fail to sign elite players like David Fifita / Latrell Mitchell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But you have to spend it haha. I’m glad you’re not my accountant
If we don't/didn't spend it (e.g. front loading/topping up contracts, mercenary signings, etc.) we'd be sitting on ~2.5m for 2021.
There is something wrong with you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we don't/didn't spend it (e.g. front loading/topping up contracts, mercenary signings, etc.) we'd be sitting on ~2.5m for 2021.
There is something wrong with you.
No we wouldn’t, you are guessing figures as you always do and are wrong as you always are. What’s the point of talking about if we don’t/didn’t spend it when we HAVE TO SPEND IT?!?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No we wouldn’t, you are guessing figures as you always do and are wrong as you always are. What’s the point of talking about if we don’t/didn’t spend it when we HAVE TO SPEND IT?!?
Are you that thick? Firstly we only have/had (we've signed 2 players since) ~1m to spend for 2020 and an extra ~1.5m for 2021. If we front loaded contracts we'd be using the salary cap while also making it easier to retain our current players moving forward (and also cheaper!). If we signed mercenary type players they'd be off the books for 2021... again can you tell me why you've brought up spending 95% of the salary cap? I'm 1-2 years ahead of you. I can more so say everything that you say is wrong. You literally use nothing besides... well nothing and hope. You hope we just sign anyone that will jeopardise 2021, I like it... not. The figures are not 100%, you're right, they're rough estimates, but the concept still applies...

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you that thick? Firstly we only have/had (we've signed 2 players since) ~1m to spend for 2020 and an extra ~1.5m for 2021. If we front loaded contracts we'd be using the salary cap while also making it easier to retain our current players moving forward (and also cheaper!). If we signed mercenary type players they'd be off the books for 2021... again can you tell me why you've brought up spending 95% of the salary cap? I'm 1-2 years ahead of you. I can more so say everything that you say is wrong. You literally use nothing besides... well nothing and hope. You hope we just sign anyone that will jeopardise 2021, I like it... not. The figures are not 100%, you're right, they're rough estimates, but the concept still applies...
If I’m thick you must be a pet rock

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JAKE TRBOJEVIC and TOM TRBOJEVIC

Contracted to: Sea Eagles

Reportedly on: $900,000 for Jake, close to $1 million for Tom

Their situation: Manly’s star siblings have made no secret of the fact their preference is to play out their NRL careers together.

They told foxsports.com.au in July they would be prepared to sacrifice some money if it meant they could remain side by side on the northern beaches.

Now the club just needs to juggle their salary cap to accommodate both players on their books.

The thorn in Manly’s side is a number of other NRL clubs circling, with reports of huge dollars being thrown at the brothers as soon as November 1 hits.

Both players have been consistent in saying they are in no rush to get their future sorted beyond season 2020, so the Sea Eagles have time on their side.

What they could command: Fairfax and Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler has previously written a club like Canterbury would be prepared to fork out as much as $1.4 million for Tom, and about $1.1 million for brother Jake. That’s a package deal of $2.5 million a season if it came to fruition. If they stay at Manly they would be earning closer to $1 million each.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd fork out 1M for Tom but nowhere near that for Jake. For 1.1M would rather David Fifita. He's a gamebreaker

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how you write it they just don't get it. They don't want to spend the money but get upset when the Cowboys sign Holmes or that we're linked with Leilua (a reject player) for 500-600k.
They must be the ones that used to be happy with Hasler just as long as we made the 8 even if we were kicked out in the first semi. They must be happy to wait 10 years to win a comp IF some of the bargain buys suddenly turn out to be gold and no other teams do similar. You would think the money is coming out of their own personal bank accounts FFS. Can't they realise that Premiership winning teams usually do have at least 2 stars on a MIL a season each (Burgess, Inglis - Cronk, Tedesco, - Smith, Slater and Cronk, Thurston, Taumalolo)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What Kennel posters be like when walking into threads

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They must be the ones that used to be happy with Hasler just as long as we made the 8 even if we were kicked out in the first semi. They must be happy to wait 10 years to win a comp IF some of the bargain buys suddenly turn out to be gold and no other teams do similar. You would think the money is coming out of their own personal bank accounts FFS. Can't they realise that Premiership winning teams usually do have at least 2 stars on a MIL a season each (Burgess, Inglis - Cronk, Tedesco, - Smith, Slater and Cronk, Thurston, Taumalolo)
Yeah Nah. Except partially the last bit. For true superstars eg: Cronk, JT, Smith, Teddy - sure, spend a mil. You’ll get ROI - on and off the park. Who you’ve suggested ain’t worth close to that in my view. For questionable commitment players like Mitchell - no thanks.

And...

- Wasn’t happy with Des after 2015 - he and Crusher had neglected juniors and brought in expensive duds (She-Rex, Liccha).

- Of course don’t wanna wait 10 years, but that doesn’t mean risking buyers remorse (eg: the two duds mentioned above or Foran due to injury, not commitment).

- Whose bank - guess you’re not a director of a business with such a cavalier attitude. At least I wouldn’t be a share holder if you were.