News Round 1 vs Parra at BankWest

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That will be awesome!!! finally we get a good one to start the season... not bloody Melbourne in Perth or the Warriors

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That will be awesome!!! finally we get a good one to start the season... not bloody Melbourne in Perth or the Warriors
Thursday night kind of sucks though I think on a Friday night or Sunday arvo the place would have sold out.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would rather play the Eels during the season. I like leading into the game during the week for an eels game.

The start of the season I’m already itching to watch the dogs, don’t need the eels to be our opponent. That’s just like a huge sugar high. And if we lose, it’s emotions.com for a whole week

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Not to sure with the how scheduling thing if there are rules and shit but I feel like round 1 should always start with rivalry round type thing, I feel like this would get fans excited for the year. Or you go off the previous season and if there where games where teams who weren't traditional rivals that ust went at each other with plenty of push and shove, you just pair those teams to play each against each other

Would like to see this to open the year
Dogs vs Parra
Roosters vs Souths
Brisbane vs Cowboys
St George vs Sharks
Raiders vs Storm
Warriors vs Titans
Penrith vs Tigers
Knights vs Manly

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Here's hoping it's not another 40-6. I'll cop it, know so many Parra supporters.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping it's not another 40-6. I'll cop it, know so many Parra supporters.
Oh man I deal with it from all angles. Scares me.
I still have the “no premiership since 86” back up line but it’s getting old lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t care where it is as long as we win

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thursday night kind of sucks though I think on a Friday night or Sunday arvo the place would have sold out.
Grew up watching Dogs v Parra as nothing but a Friday night event!

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL will launch the season with a Thursday night blockbuster at Bankwest Stadium between Parramatta and Canterbury Bulldogs next March.

And on the Friday night, the North Queensland Cowboys will host the Brisbane Broncos at their new stadium in Townsville.

It is likely to be a double celebration for the Cowboys with the expected return of local product Valentine Holmes, who is set to become their $1 million fullback after a stint with NFL’s New York Jets.

The NRL, TV networks Fox Sports and Channel 9 are putting the final touches on the draw this week and expect to announce the full schedule by the end of the month.

Both the Parramatta-Canterbury clash and the Queensland derby are expected to sell out and provide a wonderful backdrop for the television networks.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh man I deal with it from all angles. Scares me.
I still have the “no premiership since 86” back up line but it’s getting old lol
Technically the older it gets the worse for them. Could try converting it to years; 33 years since your last premiership, but the average Parra fan struggles to count past the number of fingers on each hand.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Grew up watching Dogs v Parra as nothing but a Friday night event!
Yeah there have been some great Friday night games against Parra but one sticks out that wasn’t was a Sunday arvo game. It was a multicultural day in 93 or 94 at Belmore and the joint was rocking. There’s no way it could have been safe to have that many people in there. The hill and wog stand was standing room only and we absolutely destroyed them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Technically the older it gets the worse for them. Could try converting it to years; 33 years since your last premiership, but the average Parra fan struggles to count past the number of fingers on each hand.
Note that this is far more accomplished than Souffs fans, who use their teeth to count and therefore rarely get higher than three

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this will FINALLY be a round one win, we have the boys to do it and the continuance from the back end of last year should prove that.. we have the momentum going into this, should be a good win.

Can’t wait, 2020 baby.!!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this will FINALLY be a round one win, we have the boys to do it and the continuance from the back end of last year should prove that.. we have the momentum going into this, should be a good win.

Can’t wait, 2020 baby.!!!
Dude, too soon, March is half a year away, don't go early

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t wait!! I wouldn’t care if it was on a Tuesday night