SportingNews/Lurker The Rort Continues..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you needed a laugh (Like I did today), read on:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ock-roosters-switch/h10qdgmo7dyq1n6hvrgux5efb

Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

It won’t happen next year - but may down the track.

Watch this space.

Just have to laugh at how ridiculously unbalanced the competition is.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters will lose players (they don't get into bidding wars) and replace them. Nothing new. Either by buying the best on the market or replacing them with a younger talent that they have in reserves. They're at the top so until they're off the top they're going to have an advantage in recruitment (for NRL and reserves). Not sure how people can't see this. The Roosters don't cheat... :tonguewink:

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
If the NRL doesnt step in and stop this from happening the game is dead

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the Roosters can get him then good on them, i wish our club can get back to its best where players want ti come to us instead of shit kickers or players who want a 2nd chance or shit teams rejects...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If the Roosters can get him then good on them, i wish our club can get back to its best where players want ti come to us instead of shit kickers or players who want a 2nd chance or shit teams rejects...
There's a difference... we don't cheat!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how Souffs players talk up the rivalry with the Rorters, how they love beating them, blah, blah, blah...but then mosey on over to play for them

Almost as though they are talking complete shit...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Amazing how Souffs players talk up the rivalry with the Rorters, how they love beating them, blah, blah, blah...but then mosey on over to play for them

Almost as though they are talking complete shit...
Literally a reason why fans (Rabbitohs) hate each other and a big part of the rivalry. The club, coach and experienced players (e.g. Sutton) would be making sure the group of players feel the same.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you needed a laugh (Like I did today), read on:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ock-roosters-switch/h10qdgmo7dyq1n6hvrgux5efb

Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

Watch this space.

Just have to laugh at how ridiculously unbalanced the competition is.
I know that i have a good memory been told that many times

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wish we did...
I dunno man. I’d hate to be accused of having a tainted or asterisk premiership like roosters fans are now. Don’t get me wrong, I want to win and know all clubs cheat but the roosters are pretty extreme

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that I have a good memory have been told many times.
THIS IS FACT, some years ago we had a great up and coming star, Mr Gould was at the rotters at the time, when that player established himself as a star. Mr Gould said on television how he had tried to get the young up and coming star to come to the rotters, by buying him expensive dinners, but he admitted that at that time he failed.
Later when the player was an established Test star, I saw a clip TV or print of him flanked by Rickertson and Fitzgibbon.
Some time later the player started complaining how he had learned nothing from Folkes the coach at the time and wanted out, so the club released him.
I'll leave it to other kennelers to guess that player's name, shouldn't be to hard.
Like the rotters want to poach the very best players the rabbits have now. Whats the bet that if we again start developing super star how long would it take for them to find a 3rd party who will turn them against our club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know that I have a good memory have been told many times.
THIS IS FACT, some years ago we had a great up and coming star, Mr Gould was at the rotters at the time, when that player established himself as a star. Mr Gould said on television how he had tried to get the young up and coming star to come to the rotters, by buying him expensive dinners, but he admitted that at that time he failed.
Later when the player was an established Test star, I saw a clip TV or print of him flanked by Rickertson and Fitzgibbon.
Some time later the player started complaining how he had learned nothing from Folkes the coach at the time and wanted out, so the club released him.
I'll leave it to other kennelers to guess that player's name, shouldn't be to hard.
Like the rotters want to poach the very best players the rabbits have now. Whats the bet that if we again start developing super star how long would it take for them to find a 3rd party who will turn them against our club.
Unless we can push them into NRL faster (when the interest from other clubs come) we'll probably lose them if another club really wants them. We'll need to make sure we have them on lengthy contracts and just don't budge (similar to what the Panthers have done).

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we can push them into NRL faster (when the interest from other clubs come) we'll probably lose them if another club really wants them. We'll need to make sure we have them on lengthy contracts and just don't budge (similar to what the Panthers have done).
Mason, SBW and Klemmer were all in the top squad yet they still all wanted out, we have very clever enemies out there, Just hope that our Admin are well prepared for the enemy in the future.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Meh... Souffs were gifted a premiership so fuck 'em
Fuck Souths....absolutely. They get looked after enough by the NRL (Inglis' dodgy as fuck exit from Souths books/salary cap being a prime example. They will get the same dodgy, favourable treatment when it comes time to sweep Burgess out the backdoor as well).

But the Roosters just buying every **** and his dog from other clubs is causing the death of the game as a whole. If the NRL continues to allow this crap I hope the game dies. Hardly worth supporting it anymore, not with any passion anyhow because the odds are stacked against also-ran clubs.....they will never win jack- shit in this corrupt regime ruling our once-great sport.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That Crighton honeymoon soured stupidly quick. Would be funny s Murray flopped too LOL.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
That Crighton honeymoon soured stupidly quick. Would be funny s Murray flopped too LOL.
They would just move onto the next bloke though. Broncos Fifita or Jake Turbo, any other Origin or Test star. The bottomless pit.