Opinion Build the club around DWZ

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but one thing I have noticed is that he knows how to use his body... he's good at getting himself to ground and not allowing the bigger defenders to man-handle him
I agree, but he (Meaney) only seemed to develop that later in the season on the wing. Towards the end he was even making some decent post-contact metres. But at fullback he was dying easy with the ball and was being rag-dolled pretty often. Looks like he's much more balanced now when he takes the tackle. Still, I reckon he needs to learn how to accelerate quicker (at the start of his run) to make the most of his speed at fullback - he couldn't get through gaps, and he would need to learn how to back up through the middle. Also be a better talker at the back, which is a great strength of DWZ.

I hope he gets the chance to develop those things and have another crack at fullback. He might have even improved them already given his late season form, but I just cant see DWZ being moved from fullback

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, but he (Meaney) only seemed to develop that later in the season on the wing. Towards the end he was even making some decent post-contact metres. But at fullback he was dying easy with the ball and was being rag-dolled pretty often. Looks like he's much more balanced now when he takes the tackle. Still, I reckon he needs to learn how to accelerate quicker (at the start of his run) to make the most of his speed at fullback - he couldn't get through gaps, and he would need to learn how to back up through the middle. Also be a better talker at the back, which is a great strength of DWZ.

I hope he gets the chance to develop those things and have another crack at fullback. He might have even improved them already given his late season form, but I just cant see DWZ being moved from fullback

Yeah I know what you're saying... I think at the beginning of the season he was easy prey as our forward pack wasn't really going anywhere... we were constantly on the back foot... re acceleration and talk, definitely areas that he can improve on, but yeah, it will be hard to see Dallin being moved given the influence he has had from the back... either way I think Nick has been a handy pickup