WWOS MOLE Holmes to quit NFL and sign with the Cowboys

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say I don't think there is any current nrlol player that can even keep a 2nd string role in the NFL.

Just the jump from the most unprofessional league to the most professional league would fuck their minds.

Let alone the fitness, the plays, the brains, etc.
Totally agree with you there brother.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I and others said months ago, he was always coming back otherwise he'd be wasting his career and losing millions as a training squad NFL player.

How are North Qld signing Robson, Masters, Drinkwater and now Holmes in the space of a few months and we end up with DWZ (good), Stimson (solid), Britt and Katoa? (bench players/backups)

And people want to act as if we don't have anything to worry about when it comes to recruitment..
NQ haven't had the well documented salary cap drama that we've had. They've had matt scott and thurston retire in the last 2 years which would've freed up a fair chunk of cash. Sucks to see other clubs being able to recruit while were stuck but it'll be nice when we are able to be the most active player in the market

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raerae and Co must've really really really really effed up our salary cap..... How the fuk can the cowboys quickly turn it around and jump into a premiership window in a matter of months? They made the GF in 2017 so they should be paying the price for the years of success...
When we've been waiting for years to assemble a competitive squad only to hear the same old excuse!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our luck will come..!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our luck will come..!!
Reading Steve Waugh's book on luck atm. Good read. He'd be a good mentor or Club Ambassador for tpa's and help us regain some clout.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Plus he is a Doggies fan.
He has a lot of man management skillls and is a winner. Be great to get him on our Board or involved in some capacity even if it's pre-season sessions.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Raerae and Co must've really really really really effed up our salary cap..... How the fuk can the cowboys quickly turn it around and jump into a premiership window in a matter of months? They made the GF in 2017 so they should be paying the price for the years of success...
When we've been waiting for years to assemble a competitive squad only to hear the same old excuse!!
having a new stadium and rules for some, cowboys will make the 8 next season as a result... state gov in bed with NRL big rigs to ensure extra revenue for big games at new venues.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NQ haven't had the well documented salary cap drama that we've had. They've had matt scott and thurston retire in the last 2 years which would've freed up a fair chunk of cash. Sucks to see other clubs being able to recruit while were stuck but it'll be nice when we are able to be the most active player in the market
I'm having less and less faith that the club would sign the quality we need with the money available for 2021.

Time will tell and hopefully I'm proven wrong but I can't see us getting Fifita, Latrell, Papenhuyzen or even Arrow, Manu, Cotric, Grant etc which will mean more desperation Napa type signings that will set the club back even further.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm having less and less faith that the club would sign the quality we need with the money available for 2021.

Time will tell and hopefully I'm proven wrong but I can't see us getting Fifita, Latrell, Papenhuyzen or even Arrow, Manu, Cotric, Grant etc which will mean more desperation Napa type signings that will set the club back even further.
Get the frustration mate. Worried we won't be able to attract those top players, but I think we'll see soon enough. I'd argue that we don't necessarily need the top top players but only time will tell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's even funnier he won't be the same nrlol player he was. The NFL proved to him he is a medium fish in a tiny pond.
It’s extreme arrogance from him to even go over there and think he will jump straight into the NFL. He only got onto a team because the NFL had a special international program for 8 players and if it wasn’t for that he would have even gotten close.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s extreme arrogance from him to even go over there and think he will jump straight into the NFL. He only got onto a team because the NFL had a special international program for 8 players and if it wasn’t for that he would have even gotten close.
There's nothing wrong with chasing your dreams (extreme arrogance... LOL). It didn't work out and he's now back in the NRL. Also just because Hayne wasn't the same player when he came back doesn't necessarily mean the same will apply to Holmes. The only thing negative you can say about Holmes is he basically walked out of his current contract with the Sharks (it got to a point that it was in best interests for all parties to just let him go). The Sharks (club and fans) are the only ones that can say anything negative about him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with chasing your dreams. It didn't work out and he's now back in the NRL. Also just because Hayne wasn't the same player when he came back doesn't necessarily mean the same will apply to Holmes. The only thing negative you can say about Holmes is he basically walked out of his current contract with the Sharks. The Sharks (club and fans) are the only ones that can say anything negative about him.
Please! If it was his legitimate dream to make it on the NFL he would have stuck it out on a practice squad for more then a few months. It was all too hard for him so he came back. He didn’t want to take the time to learn the game and thought he could just go over there and play it doesn’t get more arrogant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please! If it was his legitimate dream to make it on the NFL he would have stuck it out on a practice squad for more then a few months. It was all too hard for him so he came back. He didn’t want to take the time to learn the game and thought he could just go over there and play it doesn’t get more arrogant.
Holmes set a time limit and obviously didn't get to where he wanted in that time (if he made it he wouldn't of came back). He gave it a crack but didn't make it. I don't blame him coming back (at least he tried) when there's 1-1.2m a year waiting for him.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holmes set a time limit and obviously didn't get to where he wanted in that time (if he made it he wouldn't of came back). He gave it a crack but didn't make it. I don't blame him coming back (at least he tried) when there's 1-1.2m a year waiting for him.
If he set himself a time limit as short as 12mths to learn the game to such a level to make a 53man roster, he was never really serious about it.
If he's coming back because he's worried about one years wages, he was never really serious about it.

If he comes out and says he was advised by x, y & z they he just isn't good enough to make an NFL roster, and that he'd never be more than a practice squader, I guess I could understand it. Although, you'd hope he'd have enough mettle to stick it out at least another 12months and try to prove them wrong.

Meh, its his life, I'm sure he'll live how he sees fit.

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder who will be the next NRL > NFL > NRL failure.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder who will be the next NRL > NFL > NRL failure.
Yup
But hats off to Hayne and Holmes for how far they got in a sport they never played, incredible
But surely use your brains and realise it’s to much to learn in such a short time to make it over thousands of blokes that have. Played it their entire life

Banned
Reaction score
Yup
But hats off to Hayne and Holmes for how far they got in a sport they never played, incredible
But surely use your brains and realise it’s to much to learn in such a short time to make it over thousands of blokes that have. Played it their entire life
True re hats off for what they did achieve.
If they stuck it out a bit longer, they may be laughing in a years time, yet they either took the easy option, be that on or off the field.