Board need to go if Dogs fail to sign elite players like David Fifita / Latrell Mitchell

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They started off okay but failure to sign one good hooker from 3 whop were available in Brailey, Robinson and Api, failure to keep 3 of our best players from our ISP winning team, failure to sign Holbrook (when Pay was going bad) and DWZ landing in their lap only because 2 other teams couldn't free up cap space doesn't point to good management as far as I'm concerned. If I fail to sign decent clients in my job I get the arse. I think the same needs to apply to anyone
Letting those 3 overpriced hookers go through to the keeper in order to persist with and further develop JMK will prove to be very good business.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Letting those 3 overpriced hookers go through to the keeper in order to persist with and further develop JMK will prove to be very good business.
Agreed...

Robinson has not even played hooker in first grade

Brailey while good, is from that McCullough mould and doesn't really provide spark, hence Sharks opting to go with Blayke

Think some of us were keen on API because of so many years of Lichaa but JMK is improving all the time

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
If we offer 200K a season more than the Broncos or Roosters you would think we're in with a pretty good chance. I wish when I fail to sign decent clients in my work I could simply use the same excuse and keep my job
Do you think it’s a good decision by the board to offer 200k above market value for them?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People complain here that des and co washed out the dogs juniors system are the same people complaining and calling the board shit for overpaying for talent that will never be seen in a blue and white jersey... Let alone another clubs jersey...

calm the F down and stop sooking and trust the process, too many stupid people on this forum, the kennel too needs a good clean out just like the club did fmd...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People complain here that des and co washed out the dogs juniors system are the same people complaining and calling the board shit for overpaying for talent that will never be seen in a blue and white jersey... Let alone another clubs jersey...

calm the F down and stop sooking and trust the process, too many stupid people on this forum, the kennel too needs a good clean out just like the club did fmd...
For not overpaying talent*

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring through our own talent. Let those with big heads and bloated pay demands go elsewhere - if they can find anyone stupid enough to sign them.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A massage parlor is very different than running a football club
I'll admit that industry would be much more interesting.

To explain it as simply as I can I think the majority would agree that we'd be happy to keep the players below in our planning for 2021 (which we have to plan for NOW from Nov 1). As there are no decent hookers or halves available at the moment anyway and no guarantee there will be before 2021 we can only plan (for now) on keeping what we already have in those positions.

My whole argument is, since our hands are tied from improving our hooker or halves, to make up for any shortage in those areas all we can do is strengthen the 3 remaining spots in our starting side to the BEST of our ability - with 3 players capable of creating something from nothing so to speak. So if we can afford them (which we should be able to) we'd be mad not to buy the best PROVEN number 1 or number 2 players in the NRL in those positions. I can't understand why anyone would want anything less. Yes there is always some risk but anyone can get injured - even a development player. Development players may or may not turn out to be great players. Every club is trying to spot them not just us. I just can't understand the people wanting to save a few dollars now to buy some MAYBEs on the cheap who we can only HOPE will one day turn out to be as good as Mitchell and Fifita are already. Even if we unearth a star in future it's likely we'll have to pay top dollar to retain them soon after anyway. I want us to be a top 4 team like tomorrow - not in 5 f..king years. Who can wait that long ? We might be dead before then. If we want to win a comp we need a fullback even better than DWZ and Mitchell has to be the best bet to being a Tedesco type fullback. Again we also need a goalkicker if Meaney can't make our starting side in future.

BACKS
DWZ
Will Hopoate
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis / Brandon Wakeham
2 SPOTS REMAINING (why not strengthen our spine where we can at fullback ?)

FORWARDS
Dylan Napa
JMK
CHN
Josh Jackson
Joe Stimson
1 SPOT REMAINING (middle forward)

RESERVES
RFM
Renouf Toomaga
Dean Britt
To Be Advised

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When we have a reported "war chest" (a few MIL to spend) then that gives plenty of power. The right fit for the club ? Um they're human, young (19yo and 21yo), fit, and in the Australian test team, centre and a middle forward are the areas we can strengthen most and so these are the BEST players available in those positions although I'd move Mitchell to fullback eventually and bring in another good centre like Ramien. There are no decent halves or hookers available on the market. Everybody has known we needed a new hooker for several years but our so called management failed to sign 3 good hookers that were available this year and changed clubs (Robinson, Brailey, Api). Seems we're only interested in chasing bargain basement fire sales (like Leilua) that no one else wants or UK players who have never played NRL before. You might be happy with the performance of Andrew Hill and the board who he reports to but I can't see any reason to vote them back in at the election early next year yet anyway. I'm happy to give Pay next year to prove himself though
Uk players that haven’t played NRL
That’s an understatement

look at Bateman

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bring through our own talent. Let those with big heads and bloated pay demands go elsewhere - if they can find anyone stupid enough to sign them.
? we'd sign them if no one else would... that's the problem.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you think it’s a good decision by the board to offer 200k above market value for them?
An extra 200-300k for TOP players, 100%. That's the only way to attract them. You don't want to buy stars? You still have to overpay if they aren't an opportunist (Britt, Katoa, Stimson mould) signing or wanted by another club (Ramien, Koroisau mould). We have 3m to spend, we're going to spend it. Whoever we bring in that's DECENT+ is going to be on more then value. The stars aligned to sign DWZ... (mid season signing, we were the only club that could offer him a Fullback position, how much is he on?) we're not going to find 4-5 more players like that before 2021. If 2021 is the target year to be competitive then we'll spend the money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll admit that industry would be much more interesting.

To explain it as simply as I can I think the majority would agree that we'd be happy to keep the players below in our planning for 2021 (which we have to plan for NOW from Nov 1). As there are no decent hookers or halves available at the moment anyway and no guarantee there will be before 2021 we can only plan (for now) on keeping what we already have in those positions.

My whole argument is, since our hands are tied from improving our hooker or halves, to make up for any shortage in those areas all we can do is strengthen the 3 remaining spots in our starting side to the BEST of our ability - with 3 players capable of creating something from nothing so to speak. So if we can afford them (which we should be able to) we'd be mad not to buy the best PROVEN number 1 or number 2 players in the NRL in those positions. I can't understand why anyone would want anything less. Yes there is always some risk but anyone can get injured - even a development player. Development players may or may not turn out to be great players. Every club is trying to spot them not just us. I just can't understand the people wanting to save a few dollars now to buy some MAYBEs on the cheap who we can only HOPE will one day turn out to be as good as Mitchell and Fifita are already. Even if we unearth a star in future it's likely we'll have to pay top dollar to retain them soon after anyway. I want us to be a top 4 team like tomorrow - not in 5 f..king years. Who can wait that long ? We might be dead before then. If we want to win a comp we need a fullback even better than DWZ and Mitchell has to be the best bet to being a Tedesco type fullback. Again we also need a goalkicker if Meaney can't make our starting side in future.

BACKS
DWZ
Will Hopoate
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Jack Cogger / Lachlan Lewis / Brandon Wakeham
2 SPOTS REMAINING (why not strengthen our spine where we can at fullback ?)

FORWARDS
Dylan Napa
JMK
CHN
Josh Jackson
Joe Stimson
1 SPOT REMAINING (middle forward)

RESERVES
RFM
Renouf Toomaga
Dean Britt
To Be Advised
Centre (Latrell, Manu) > Hooker (Harry Grant) > Prop (Thompson/Taukeiaho) > Winger (Vunivalu)
Those are the priority signings. There are no Halves available. If we sign a different Centre then Latrell should be signed for Fullback, DWZ to the Wing which means we don't need to recruit there.
We should have something like this:

1. DWZ
2. Reimis
3. Latrell
4. Hopoate
5. Vunivalu
9. Grant
10. Thompson
or
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate (side of the field dependent on Centre signing)
4. Leilua (or another Centre, Ramien, etc)
5. Reimis
9. Grant
10. Thompson

It's evident by our targets we're after a Centre, Hooker and Prop so I'm not sure why that's going to change.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we offer 200K a season more than the Broncos or Roosters you would think we're in with a pretty good chance. I wish when I fail to sign decent clients in my work I could simply use the same excuse and keep my job
So by that logic, we should overpay for ‘talent’.
How do you sign your clients - undercut your competitors? Is your company happy with that outcome? Even if you don’t cover your costs or make no profit from that client?

You’re saying get the player/client no matter the cost. Hardly shrewd financial management, especially if gold diggers come just for the money (which some would/have: She-Rex).

By your logic the ‘war chest’ would be empty pretty quickly!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
An extra 200-300k for TOP players, 100%. That's the only way to attract them. You don't want to buy stars? You still have to overpay if they aren't an opportunist (Britt, Katoa, Stimson mould) signing or wanted by another club (Ramien, Koroisau mould). We have 3m to spend, we're going to spend it. Whoever we bring in that's DECENT+ is going to be on more then value. The stars aligned to sign DWZ... (mid season signing, we were the only club that could offer him a Fullback position, how much is he on?) we're not going to find 4-5 more players like that before 2021. If 2021 is the target year to be competitive then we'll spend the money.
To save time posting the same dribble over and over just post this pic mate and we’ll know ;)

Attachments

Malla

Reaction score
Ok

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
. I want us to be a top 4 team like tomorrow - not in 5 f..king years.
Well why the Fuck did the club vote ray dib out of the board and fans call for haslers sacking?

Cause that's exactly what they did, they went all out for a premiership and left us with long and big contracts to either over the hill players or fucking duds

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well why the Fuck did the club vote ray dib out of the board and fans call for haslers sacking?

Cause that's exactly what they did, they went all out for a premiership and left us with long and big contracts to either over the hill players or fucking duds
They were backended contracts. We should spend the cap only not go over into the caps for future years. It's reported the club should have about 3 MIL to spend outside the existing roster for 2021

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place has been on repeat for 4 years... so Boring here now... too many sooks.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They were backended contracts. We should spend the cap only not go over into the caps for future years. It's reported the club should have about 3 MIL to spend outside the existing roster for 2021
They had to backend so they could sign other players. They got themselves into a fucking mess by sending out big contracts in the first place