Climate Change Protests

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As I've said privately, it's not the volume of alcohol, yet the habit behind consumption that defines addiction.
Volume of alcohol (ie regular binge drinking) is one indicator, but it’s certsinky not the only one.

Drinking culture is a problem in this country, but that doesn’t mean everyone w
Hi enjoys a drink gas a problem..... and I don’t think prohibition is a viable solution.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Volume of alcohol (ie regular binge drinking) is one indicator, but it’s certsinky not the only one.

Drinking culture is a problem in this country, but that doesn’t mean everyone w
Hi enjoys a drink gas a problem..... and I don’t think prohibition is a viable solution.
Were you hitting the wine when you wrote that?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hi enjoys a drink gas a problem"

Love it

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Someone book that arsehole a place in an anger management class. Lol
People have a right to protest, yes. However...
  • What these protesters are doing is against the law
  • They are causing a nuisance to people trying to go about their daily lives, not people who can make a change
  • They should be protesting to their local political leaders

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Someone book that arsehole a place in an anger management class. Lol
I'm on the clearly employed persons side rather than those smelly unemployed dumb fucks.

I seriously would have zero sympathy if somebody "forgot" to brake in front of these putrid scum *****.

PS looks like there is still some roid rage in my system lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
  • They are causing a nuisance to people trying to go about their daily lives, not people who can make a change

exactly right brother.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We’re just retracing old ground here.... as I’ve previously stated, all previous protests have failed.... any inconvenience people may be experiencing now is a drop in the rising ocean compared to the inconvenience a large percentage of the world’s population will be experiencing in the not too distant future if something meaningful is not done.

Whether you agree with what they are doing or not, it’s pretty ridiculous to accuse the protesters of breaking the law and then to applaud some short fused vigilante wannabe dickhead for taking the law into his own hands.

What a superhero.... Captain Working Stiff.... ensuring potatoes are able to put the poles into holes since 2019. Somebody make him a cape :p

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We’re just retracing old ground here.... as I’ve previously stated, all previous protests have failed.... any inconvenience people may be experiencing now is a drop in the rising ocean compared to the inconvenience a large percentage of the world’s population will be experiencing in the not too distant future if something meaningful is not done.

Whether you agree with what they are doing or not, it’s pretty ridiculous to accuse the protesters of breaking the law and then to applaud some short fused vigilante wannabe dickhead for taking the law into his own hands.

What a superhero.... Captain Working Stiff.... ensuring potatoes are able to put the poles into holes since 2019. Somebody make him a cape :p
In the guys defence he looks like he is wearing scrubs so planting potatoes doesn't look like it would be in his job description.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was in Tasmania last week. Extinction Rebellion protesters held a march at the Salamanca Markets. They didn't block anyone or cause any problems. They just walked passed with the leader shouting, "if you care about the environment you can join us, but you don't have to". Someone shouted out, "no thanks, but thanks for asking"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, here's a recent TED talk from one of the NASA climate leads explaining the disinformation and confusion around climate change

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was in Tasmania last week. Extinction Rebellion protesters held a march at the Salamanca Markets. They didn't block anyone or cause any problems. They just walked passed with the leader shouting, "if you care about the environment you can join us, but you don't have to". Someone shouted out, "no thanks, but thanks for asking"

ahh Tasmania... so wholesome

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now that's activism I can get behind. Probably caught more people's attention too.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So on the back of your "alarmism" post, I googled extinction rebellion and got their UK site.

I couldn't find anything there about all life on the planet ceasing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So on the back of your "alarmism" post, I googled extinction rebellion and got their UK site.

I couldn't find anything there about all life on the planet ceasing
The organisers are actually pretty spot on with their summation. It's the followers who generally don't understand the science and go with the "end of all life on earth"

The only thing the organisers really miss is the fact that we can fix the problems. But it's massively expensive to fix the problems and there still will be many deaths and many extinctions.

That said, several species go extinct every year without climate change and only one species has gone extinct due to climate change. But main species are facing extinction now.