Bulldogs circling Leilua as Raiders squeeze star centre out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was at Bankwest tonight and it looks like BJ has learnt how to draw and pa’s since the GF :grinning:
Leilua had a pretty professional performance considering it's the 9's and you're allowed to be a bit more reckless. Every touch he had was effective too.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont want to upset anyone. But some talk about how much you would pay or wouldnt pay for a players. As if it was certain that is what the player is worth or not.
We dont know what the exact look of the cap it and what and how a player fits in the the team. Not just from a monatary value.

In even he leaves the raiders its most like as with when we had to to release players. The raiders will most like pay half of whatever he is on for that remainder of the contract.

Also regardless of Dean PAY and Ricky Stuart's friendship the bulldogs boars wont sign on anything if it won't be in the best interest of the team.

So dont suddenly blame Pay for being the reason for attracting Lielua. And this is will be a dud. He is better then most of our backline. And he will make Montya lol like under 10s

I think he is a great players and for 500k × 50% you can get another player for 750k instead of that hero from the roosters. Who is only good cause any player in that roosters back will.look good.
Look at morris..last year no one wanted him stay even for 200k. He was almost man of match in a grandfinal winning team. And looked like a 25 year old with 10 years left in he career.

Alot of comments here are very emotionally based. No facts around it and looking at the history of the kennel we will always blame pay for not making our team improve (which we did by a considerable amount) and if the players are playing well its not for PAY. So it is actually funny.

Get Lielua in our back line with DWZ and we have a top 6 back line
And with a few additions in forwards and an off season. And a good opening 8 rounds we shall be Competitive and fun to watch

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will be better off the start of next year as there are less disruptions to the team.
End of 2018 we lost both Morris bros, Klemmer aswell as a few others like Martin early in. 2018 was a shithouse year for squad unity.
We will be taking into 2020 pretty much the same squad that is mostly healthy as well as Stimson who will add some spark I believe.
Foran has a full pre season hopefully we can start from where we finished off this year. DWZ inclusion has been a a shining light. I feel better this time around.
I honestly think someone else will come in aswell.
We will find out soon enough mate.
Either way if he ends up here I’ll be cheering him on, that’s just what I’m like lol. Just rather he didn’t.
Get what you're saying mate, and I'm hopeful you're right. DEfinitely a lot there to be excited about and I think we're in the same boat. No matter who we sign we'll support them, and that's what it's all about.

I just see him as the type of signing we can make, and think we will. Time will tell if it's the right one.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont want to upset anyone. But some talk about how much you would pay or wouldnt pay for a players. As if it was certain that is what the player is worth or not.
We dont know what the exact look of the cap it and what and how a player fits in the the team. Not just from a monatary value.

In even he leaves the raiders its most like as with when we had to to release players. The raiders will most like pay half of whatever he is on for that remainder of the contract.

Also regardless of Dean PAY and Ricky Stuart's friendship the bulldogs boars wont sign on anything if it won't be in the best interest of the team.

So dont suddenly blame Pay for being the reason for attracting Lielua. And this is will be a dud. He is better then most of our backline. And he will make Montya lol like under 10s

I think he is a great players and for 500k × 50% you can get another player for 750k instead of that hero from the roosters. Who is only good cause any player in that roosters back will.look good.
Look at morris..last year no one wanted him stay even for 200k. He was almost man of match in a grandfinal winning team. And looked like a 25 year old with 10 years left in he career.

Alot of comments here are very emotionally based. No facts around it and looking at the history of the kennel we will always blame pay for not making our team improve (which we did by a considerable amount) and if the players are playing well its not for PAY. So it is actually funny.

Get Lielua in our back line with DWZ and we have a top 6 back line
And with a few additions in forwards and an off season. And a good opening 8 rounds we shall be Competitive and fun to watch
People have been blaming Pay for his signing? I think we're a lot smarter in our recruitment these days and truly believe that the 'commitee' will make the right decision whatever that may be. I agree that BJ will be a good signing, but trust them to make the right choice.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People have been blaming Pay for his signing? I think we're a lot smarter in our recruitment these days and truly believe that the 'commitee' will make the right decision whatever that may be. I agree that BJ will be a good signing, but trust them to make the right choice.
He’s getting blamed for everything else so why not

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s getting blamed for everything else so why not
Not sure if that's the case pal as I think we're all smart enough to know that Pay doesn't just pick and choose players. If BJ comes it'll be a decision made by a number of people including him.

Either way, let's see how it all goes

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure if that's the case pal as I think we're all smart enough to know that Pay doesn't just pick and choose players. If BJ comes it'll be a decision made by a number of people including him.

Either way, let's see how it all goes
I agree. Some of us may be smart enough pal. Some are not unfortunately

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the 9s, watching how unfit and lazy BJ is.

I know it’s only 9s but honestly we can do better. He’s so bad, I’m not sure he is better than what we have now.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leilua's very good at his best but it's not too often and he can be a mistake machine. Can also win games and offload almost at will when he's fit and in form.

Would be a big risk but I think where there's smoke there's fire on this one. We don't seem to be after a proper dummy half and our forwards are pretty stacked with numbers (sorry JMK, you're gutsy, can tackle, have improved a lot, and are a popular player, but the DH service is just too slow for NRL). I guess we'll know for sure when the horse trading gets going.

Why would Pay's friendship with Stuart matter when it comes to Leilua? As if Leilua isn't gonna look after himself. He'll get the best deal he can like any 28 year old player.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the best available & we need another centre so we should sign him 2 years maybe. No point in not spending our entire cap for next year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the 9s, watching how unfit and lazy BJ is.

I know it’s only 9s but honestly we can do better. He’s so bad, I’m not sure he is better than what we have now.
Absolutely... he’s a big unit and could be good but some of his decisions are shockers, I’m not keen but then again not fussed lol. If he is signed. I guess I will have to support him as he will be a bulldog..!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m convinced we have double agent supporters on here wtf
Not really, it's easy to see why people would be so against this. Their evaluation of Joey is just completely exaggerated and one sided lol.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really, it's easy to see why people would be so against this. Their evaluation of Joey is just completely exaggerated and one sided lol.
No this goes beyond just bj, lol, ive yet to see a majority agree on a recruitment strategy and theres been many

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's the best available & we need another centre so we should sign him 2 years maybe. No point in not spending our entire cap for next year
We could just top up current player contracts which also could help with retaining players for cheaper. I'm not saying Leilua is a bad buy but if we didn't think there is anyone worth buying that's an option. I just really hope we don't jeopardise our chances in 2021 (recruitment and success).

Last edited: