Bulldogs circling Leilua as Raiders squeeze star centre out

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still signed with raiders for next year so we'll probably get him for $300k and raiders $200k for 2020.

We really are running out of options and think there are alot worse out there and think he can spark something for us on the right side with Smith.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would still give Monty a go tbh… Was looking better every game until he copped that awful injury regardless of what people think of the kid here.

Next in line would be Harper with Averillo knocking the door down to get a run.

WTF we still have Holland on the books and WTF we are bothering Leipooa is killing me!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would still give Monty a go tbh… Was looking better every game until he copped that awful injury regardless of what people think of the kid here.

WTF we still have Holland on the books and WTF we are bothering Leipooa is killing me!
Holland and Montoya just lolololol, do you want us to be mediocre

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree with you. I saw plenty of improvement in Montoya, unfortunately just couldn’t string enough consecutive games together to put it all together. He looked dangerous and strong with ball in hand. He’s a kennel whipping boy though so anything positive he did would’ve been ignored by the majority.

Averillo looks the goods and will have plenty of pressure on the incumbents along with Harper.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He's big average. No pace, no footwork, no fend, no ball skills, etc. He's a nothing player, what he had going for him in his opening season was his ability in the air and decent finishing, at centre he has nothing other than trying to run hard.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's big average. No pace, no footwork, no fend, no ball skills, etc. He's a nothing player, what he had going for him in his opening season was his ability in the air and decent finishing, at centre he has nothing other than trying to run hard.
Who you talking about ? Montoya I assume

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who you talking about ? Montoya I assume
Yh Montoya haha. We have enough players in the squad that can do a job, what we need now are blokes that bring a certain skillset and Montoya just isn't that. I'm sure some on here would take 9 Lewis' and 8 DWZ's because they tackle hard and run hard lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

we’re in a mess because of players like Montoya and the way we treated him. Absolutely no game time at all costs. He’s nothing. He should be paid his wage and fired so that we can bring a junior up. He’s that bad.

seriously he has nothing. No pace, no strength, he’s dumb and weak.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still signed with raiders for next year so we'll probably get him for $300k and raiders $200k for 2020.

We really are running out of options and think there are alot worse out there and think he can spark something for us on the right side with Smith.
He’s on $650k and Raiders will throw in $200k, so $450 we’d be paying if stories are correct. Way too much imo, especially if we are trying to build something for 2021.
Keep our younger guys for next year see how they develop. We need a gun centre and that is not BJ, his money could stop us from getting one

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't disagree... His not the flashiest and his skill set is bog average but he plays his footy hard. Sometimes up and in your face footy is the worst to play against and if the kid gets his other shit together then id have him fight it out with Harper and Averillo for a season instead of bringing Leilua over.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd take BJ' brain snaps any day over floptoya everyday of the week
He's up there with the likes of tim winitana...Cukka!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we’re in a mess because of players like Montoya and the way we treated him. Absolutely no game time at all costs. He’s nothing. He should be paid his wage and fired so that we can bring a junior up. He’s that bad.

seriously he has nothing. No pace, no strength, he’s dumb and weak.
His not weak... His two best games last yr were against Staggs and Ramien, certainly not push overs. He was also playing outside Wakeham who he constantly covered for and did an awesome job until he got injured trying to crunch Milford. Im not saying his a glamourous footy player and we should throw a long term contract at him but id give the kid a go if his going to come in and play like a demon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s on $650k and Raiders will throw in $200k, so $450 we’d be paying if stories are correct. Way too much imo, especially if we are trying to build something for 2021.
Keep our younger guys for next year see how they develop. We need a gun centre and that is not BJ, his money could stop us from getting one
Exactly my point why im happy to play Montoya, Harper and Averillo. If one kicks on then we don't really need to go shopping and if they don't then we can throw whatever we want at who ever we want... Leilua is an awful idea.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His not weak... His two best games last yr were against Staggs and Ramien, certainly not push overs. He was also playing outside Wakeham who he constantly covered for and did an awesome job until he got injured trying to crunch Milford. Im not saying his a glamourous footy player and we should throw a long term contract at him but id give the kid a go if his going to come in and play like a demon.
He’s already been given a go... he’s shit. He has nothing in his arsenal that suggests he will be any good

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happens if the club is in a worst position on the field in 2020 than 2019? That the promise of those last 8+ games comes to nothing just like 2018?

Agree with what you and many are saying. Gotta sign the best to be the best. Save your money for someone great, don't sign someone just for the sake of it. Agree totally.

However, our position in the market dictates who we can and can't sign. Relatively untested coach. Young squad that's done nothing. No superstars. Moving away from paying big big wages. What is our attraction for those big players?

Unfortunately we need to settle. Find the diamond in the rough. Create the right environment to bring the best out of a troubled player.

Our tight playing group. Club family ethos. Leadership group in the club. These are what we're selling, and this will attract those that are struggling.

We all need to reset our sights and targets an realise were not going to be getting those big name players until we start performing better on the field. We need spark in that backline. At the moment BJ seems like the only doable option this year, so if the price is right let's do it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will be better off the start of next year as there are less disruptions to the team.
End of 2018 we lost both Morris bros, Klemmer aswell as a few others like Martin early in. 2018 was a shithouse year for squad unity.
We will be taking into 2020 pretty much the same squad that is mostly healthy as well as Stimson who will add some spark I believe.
Foran has a full pre season hopefully we can start from where we finished off this year. DWZ inclusion has been a a shining light. I feel better this time around.
I honestly think someone else will come in aswell.
We will find out soon enough mate.
Either way if he ends up here I’ll be cheering him on, that’s just what I’m like lol. Just rather he didn’t.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Half the kennel - we should sign him, he will add some punch and attacking options

The other half - No we don’t need him, I saw glimpses in Monty and Holland which have warranted enough for both of them to stay and not sign a single player cause I love being a mediocre team and make statements like na we don’t need him we should wait for XYZ as if we the Dogs are in a position where we have the upper hand and pull power to sign all top quality players

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJ scored 14 try’s in 2018 which is a pretty good effort before a suspension and injury riddled 2019. Most his career try’s are from short range using strength and late foot work. I’m still not sold overall and hope if they do sign him, it’s 2 years and not three.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was at Bankwest tonight and it looks like BJ has learnt how to draw and pass since the GF :grinning:

Last edited: