News Jeremy Marshall King father passes away in car crash

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very very sad news Indeed, his father must have been so proud of him, and JMK we all feel you pain brother.. wishing you,your family and friends condolences and all the best at this time..!!! Much love too you all.

I hope he has a massive tournament, an a massive 2020 for us. I think he will kill it in the 9 and deserves to make every post a winner..!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So very sad to hear of this. JMK is a humble, quiet young man who has really started to make his mark on the game. His dad unfortunately will not get the chance now to see his younger son play on the world stage in the nines but I am sure Jeremy will have him close to his heart. I hope he has a cracker of a tournament not just for his dad but for himself. There is a lot to like about his progress this year and I hope that he will continue to improve.

Talent is important, but he has not relied on name only to get his chance in the NRL. His half brother is a super player, a talented footy player but Jeremy is a hard worker, a toiler who is slowly but surely crafting himself into a competent first grader by being persistent and willing to learn.

Condolences to him and his family in this tough time.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No worries. I posted a bit in another topic below but will post the whole thing

The father of Benji Marshall’s half-brother Jeremy-Marshall King has died following a tragic car accident in New Zealand.

Shane King – dad to Jeremy and Jordan-Marshall King – had his car run off the road on Tuesday.

Despite the death, Jeremy Marshall-King is expected to show great courage and character and line up for New Zealand at the World Cup Nines at Bankwest Stadium this weekend.

It’s understood the King family have told Marshall-King, who has appeared in 47 NRL games for Canterbury and the Wests Tigers since 2017, to play in the Nines because that is what his father would have wanted.

The funeral for Shane King will be held in New Zealand next week.

Marshall spoke about the pride he felt at his brother’s selection earlier this month.

It sounds funny, but I’m more proud of his achievement in making this than any other things I’ve done,” Benji said.

Marshall-King's touching post to his father.
“He’s my little brother and the youngest in the family. I think I cried more than he did when he made it, which is pretty big.”

Jeremy said he wasn’t surprised to see Benji so emotional considering his older brother knew first hand how hard he has had to work to even play NRL let alone on the international stage.

“He told me cried and I reckon he did. I have come a long way from where I started to be where I am today,” said the Bulldogs rake.

“I couldn’t even make any school sides and I was playing in division three. So it’s a really big achievement for me and my family.”
It sucks when you loose your parents, stay strong Jeremy, God save his soul

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrible news. Sounds like a good man. condolences to Jeremy and to @flamebouyant too.
I lost my old man before his time, a couple of years back too.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute tragedy. Poor family - very sad to hear this.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
tough when you lose your dad!!
I lost my old man quickly and out of nowhere when I was 31. We don't realise until it's too late we might stop "needing" them and just "wanted" to hang out with them.

God bless you all that have lost the immovable rocks in our lives.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost my old man quickly and out of nowhere when I was 31. We don't realise until it's too late we might stop "needing" them and just "wanted" to hang out with them.

My Dad passed away suddenly from a heart attack when I was 25. Still feel his void to this day and it's been several years since that life changing day.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My Dad passed away suddenly from a heart attack when I was 25. Still feel his void to this day and it's been several years since that life changing day.
My biggest fear for my boys, me stumping it early
I’m very lucky, my dads 74 and honestly to look at him you would say 55
When he retired from work, the birds in the office thought he was rich because he was retiring early lol
He was 67 when he retired lol
And worked labour intensive jobs his whole life
Now plays golf 4 times a week
Hopefully I’m that lucky

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When he retired from work, the birds in the office thought he was rich because he was retiring early lol
Hopefully I’m that lucky
I'm on a the tough road but fuck that I just gotta push on harder and faster than normal.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I’m that lucky
My Dad was 62 when he passed. My Mum was 65 when she passed. My Brother was 39 when he passed. I hope i can last a bit longer then they all did.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My Dad was 62 when he passed. My Mum was 65 when she passed. My Brother was 39 when he passed. I hope i can last a bit longer then they all did.
I'm sure you will bro. Also I'll hook you up with a engine upgrade if needed, I know a few people at St Vincent's lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you will bro. Also I'll hook you up with a engine upgrade if needed, I know a few people at St Vincent's lol
I bet you do brother. Spent a fair bit of time their myself, not as a patient but looking after my mother while she had her numerous cancer battles.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Condolences mate - 'torrid' is a pretty mild description I'd say.

Losing loved ones sucks and I hope JMK and family get through this OK.
Cheers mate. Your not wrong! But life goes on. You just have to enjoy the time you have!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry about your dad and the shock of it when it happens unexpectedly.

My dad was 79 but it still came as a huge shock when mum called me that Thursday morning.

Happy dad lead a full & interesting life, him & I had a joint love of the mighty Canterbury Bankston Bulldogs and our team gave us much enjoyment over the years.

Cheers to your dad mate, whom I'm sure you think about every day. Sounds like he was taken way too soon.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad news.i also lost my father this week but he was 82.shane king looked very young.
Very sorry to hear that mate, regardless of age, he’s still your Dad and it leaves a hole no matter what...

Hope you and your family are doing ok mate.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry about your dad and the shock of it when it happens unexpectedly.

My dad was 79 but it still came as a huge shock when mum called me that Thursday morning.

Happy dad lead a full & interesting life, him & I had a joint love of the mighty Canterbury Bankston Bulldogs and our team gave us much enjoyment over the years.

Cheers to your dad mate, whom I'm sure you think about every day. Sounds like he was taken way too soon.
Thanks for this post brother. Sorry about you dad too, hopefully we will have a beer one with them if I'm a good boy lol