Is living in close proximity to power lines no good?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lots of houses for sale on realestate.com seem to be located in close proximity or under power lines.

They never show them in the online photos as they know people will run a mile.

The real estate guy try’s to tell everyone there’s nothing wrong with living near powerlines? That your kids won’t be born with two heads or your hair won’t fall out. Is he a scientist to prove his view? Apparently if you stand with a light bulb under power lines the amount of radiation actually lights up the lights .. imagine what that does to you hair follicles.

So why not show them in the photos if they are not a negative feature

I get annoyed as these houses built near powerlines drag down the value of houses in the area in a proper location away from power lines. The data doesn’t distinguish if a house has power lines close.

Not to mention the people living in these houses under power lines seem to be completely bald for some reason or have a hunch back and walk a bit lop sided.

So is it true that living near (under 300 metres) or under power lines is no good or is it a myth?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Never have and never will. Not for the conspiracy side, they are just fucking ugly and shit resale value.

Them and those fkn green electricity boxes.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never have and never will. Not for the conspiracy side, they are just fucking ugly and shit resale value.

Unfortunate thing is if you want the lights on you'll have 1 of them out the front

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not a myth living under powerlines is non buono for reasons you've mentioned.

My friend from school got a steal on a home out west.

Only downside he was living less than 100 metres from a mobile phone tower!

I'd never buy a home which backs onto a paddock with powerlines.

Why do people buy a house which backs onto a paddock or bush, with a swimming pool and then have a cry every spring and summer when they get snakes in their yard?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Unfortunate thing is if you want the lights on you'll have 1 of them out the front
It's in my neighbours block so I dodged a bullet there lol the small ones are no big deal, I'm talking about those 6ft tall cupboard things.

I'm sure they can get them underground if it's cheap enough for them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's one at the top of my street and when you walk by you can here "bzzzzztt hmm bzzt bzzzzzzzzt"

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

When I was in school I had friends who would sit on those green electricity boxes.

I always thought they were mad for doing so?
They have obviously never seen a cable guy doing maintenance or assembling one?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the NBN try and put one of the green big boxes outside my house. A sneaky leaflet in my letterbox .. I went ballistic at them, everyone said they couldn’t do anything and they have to put them somewhere , I applied to council to put a driveway on that very spot, had it approved, then made some more noise with the nbn. They told me they would move it elsewhere. Then a bunch or workers turn up a week later ready to tear apart outside my house. I told them nothing is happening here and they had the “old” plans. They packed their shit up and left after I went off at them

They ended up putting it about 5 house down. Those people immediately put their house for sale.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had the NBN try and put one of the green big boxes outside my house. A sneaky leaflet in my letterbox .. I went ballistic at them, everyone said they couldn’t do anything and they have to put them somewhere , I applied to council to put a driveway on that very spot, had it approved, then made some more noise with the nbn. They told me they would move it elsewhere. Then a bunch or workers turn up a week later ready to tear apart outside my house. I told them nothing is happening here and they had the “old” plans. They packed their shit up and left after I went off at them

They ended up putting it about 5 house down. Those people immediately put their house for sale.
Haha yeah there’s ways around it if you are totally against it. And especially if you have a good reason. NBN is easier than power though, the pillars need to be fairly close to your house for voltage drop.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we are in 2019 still talking about over hanging wires and burying cables underground when we have consistent unlimited energy which are not drawing from space!

Nikola Tesla achieved electricity without the use of wires hanging everywhere over 100 years ago.

The key to the universe is located within the numbers 3,6 and 9!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here we are in 2019 still talking about over hanging wires and burying cables underground when we have consistent unlimited energy which are not drawing from space!

Nikola Tesla achieved electricity without the use of wires hanging everywhere over 100 years ago.

The key to the universe is located within the numbers 3,6 and 9!

Ancient Egypt: hold my beer

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even the tides and ocean currents provide clean energy.

But no we can't have it because some crusty old limp dick fagget whose out of touch with reality won't make a million dollars to blow on a cheap whore who isn't worth it!
money and greed always win.. I mean I am no expert and don't know how easily it would have been to roll out what Tesla had in mind... but we can say pretty much for certain that his vision would have been well accomplished by now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Complete myth. Physicists often buy houses near powerlines/transformers as they get the houses cheaper and there's no harmful health effects.

That said, they are ugly.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently it can mess with young people who are growing

There was a study done and leukaemia was present on more kids who grew up under powerlines. It’s a true study.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Complete myth. Physicists often buy houses near powerlines/transformers as they get the houses cheaper and there's no harmful health effects.

That said, they are ugly.
They are dumb counts.