News Jeremy Marshall King father passes away in car crash

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 11614

Can anyone post the full article please.
No worries. I posted a bit in another topic below but will post the whole thing

The father of Benji Marshall’s half-brother Jeremy-Marshall King has died following a tragic car accident in New Zealand.

Shane King – dad to Jeremy and Jordan-Marshall King – had his car run off the road on Tuesday.

Despite the death, Jeremy Marshall-King is expected to show great courage and character and line up for New Zealand at the World Cup Nines at Bankwest Stadium this weekend.

It’s understood the King family have told Marshall-King, who has appeared in 47 NRL games for Canterbury and the Wests Tigers since 2017, to play in the Nines because that is what his father would have wanted.

The funeral for Shane King will be held in New Zealand next week.

Marshall spoke about the pride he felt at his brother’s selection earlier this month.

It sounds funny, but I’m more proud of his achievement in making this than any other things I’ve done,” Benji said.

Marshall-King's touching post to his father.
“He’s my little brother and the youngest in the family. I think I cried more than he did when he made it, which is pretty big.”

Jeremy said he wasn’t surprised to see Benji so emotional considering his older brother knew first hand how hard he has had to work to even play NRL let alone on the international stage.

“He told me cried and I reckon he did. I have come a long way from where I started to be where I am today,” said the Bulldogs rake.

“I couldn’t even make any school sides and I was playing in division three. So it’s a really big achievement for me and my family.”

Banned
Reaction score
Condolences to his family and him.
Hope they're surrounded by warmth and positivism in these trying times.
As someone who lost their father prematurely, it's not easy!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor dude

Hopefully has a massive tournament

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
R.I.P. - so sad and so soon :'(

God Bless the Marshall family at this time.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this guy he said in lower grades he couldn’t even make the 1st teams now he’s in the nrl, big heart on this guy can see why play persists with him.. people like him would be a pleasure to teach as they may be slow learners but a slow learner is a good person to teach when they want to learn. Good show of him to play on for his dad, I’m sure his old boy would want him to still go out there. Rip

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sucks... old boy didn't even get to see him rep NZ... hope the kid has a massive tournament

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Terrible news and my thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad,Condolences to the family,losing my father was one of the toughest times of my life as we where very close. tough times ahead Jeremy, but it will get easier to deal with little by little day by day.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My sincerest sympathies the JMK and his family during this immensely difficult time. I can totally empathize as my stepfather passed away from unknown causes on friday night, less the 11 months after my dad passed away from cancer. It's been a torrid year!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What terrible news. :(

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horrible news.
Sincere condolences to JMK and his family - I couldnt imagine what it would be like to lose my dad.
JMKs post in honour of his dad's passing is very heartfelt and honest, nicely written.

All the best to you JMK, I really hope you play out of your skin for your old man, may be rest in peace.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible, terrible news. All he best to JMK and his family. Rest in peace Shane King.:cry:

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sincere condolences Jeremy and family, I too know what you are and will go through. I lost my mother in a car accident when I was about Jeremy's age, it's life defining losing a parent when they are relatively young. I'm sure that his Bulldog family will rally around him including all of us on tk.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sincenre best wishes and condolences to the marshall king clan, rip shane.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That fucking sucks!

Rest in paradise.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FUCK!

Wish him and his whole family peace and strength.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sincerest sympathies the JMK and his family during this immensely difficult time. I can totally empathize as my stepfather passed away from unknown causes on friday night, less the 11 months after my dad passed away from cancer. It's been a torrid year!
Condolences mate - 'torrid' is a pretty mild description I'd say.

Losing loved ones sucks and I hope JMK and family get through this OK.