Bulldogs circling Leilua as Raiders squeeze star centre out

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would take him at 500k with Raiders chipping in because I still have vivid memory of him scoring that winning try at Belmore and made the Mozzies his bitches in that one play

Put simply he can make line breaks and brings aggression on defence which is something we lack

Too many Mr nice guys in our roster and we need some mongrel

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I would take him at 500k with Raiders chipping in because I still have vivid memory of him scoring that winning try at Belmore and made the Mozzies his bitches in that one play

Put simply he can make line breaks and brings aggression on defence which is something we lack

Too many Mr nice guys in our roster and we need some mongrel
He doesn’t take sh*t from anyone and I think would compliment the way we are trying to play. Just got to get him fit !

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is Curtis Rona these days?

Is he playing for the Wallabies?
Hes just signed to play for the London Irish in the english union comp. Cant play for the wallabies as he doesnt play for an aussie super rugby team and also hasnt played 50+ tests for the wallabies. Would love for him to come back to us. You can tell he loved it here

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Has become abit injury prone in recent times. He looks like hes put on abit of weight too. Idk about 500k for Leilua id rather us just wait n persist with Harper.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has become abit injury prone in recent times. He looks like hes put on abit of weight too. Idk about 500k for Leilua id rather us just wait n persist with Harper.
I don't think we're persisting with Harper. We seem pretty adamant in signing a Centre.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hes just signed to play for the London Irish in the english union comp. Cant play for the wallabies as he doesnt play for an aussie super rugby team and also hasnt played 50+ tests for the wallabies. Would love for him to come back to us. You can tell he loved it here
Not sure he loved it that much, I’ve had one night stands last longer than his stint at Belmore, over rated anyway

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we're persisting with Harper. We seem pretty adamant in signing a Centre.
I'd say they feel Harper is probably another year off, he had a good debut but I just wonder how he would handle the likes of a Joseph Manu at this point.. I think Dean will ease him in over the next couple of seasons

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd say they feel Harper is probably another year off, he had a good debut but I just wonder how he would handle the likes of a Joseph Manu at this point.. I think Dean will ease him in over the next couple of seasons
Harpers skillset is pretty average, can't see him being anything more than an average firstgrader.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harpers skillset is pretty average, can't see him being anything more than an average firstgrader.

possibly... but he's got that CNK type of work ethic/ attitude that could see him become something special

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you think of Averillo & Topine mate? I Think they might have some potential. I don't mind Harper tbh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do you think of Averillo & Topine mate? I Think they might have some potential. I don't mind Harper tbh.
Haven't really seen Topine but some believe he should even get a run next season for us at some point. Wraps on him are massive.

Averillo looks ready to start the year at centre if we don't sign Joey, transitioned to ISP seamlessly. His pace, footwork and overall skillset is what's needed in out backline. The sooner he sees some firstgrade the better it is for him and us imo, even if centre is not his preferred position and where the club plans to play him longterm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't really seen Topine but some believe he should even get a run next season for us at some point. Wraps on him are massive.

Averillo looks ready to start the year at centre if we don't sign Joey, transitioned to ISP seamlessly. His pace, footwork and overall skillset is what's needed in out backline. The sooner he sees some firstgrade the better it is for him and us imo, even if centre is not his preferred position and where the club plans to play him longterm.
My thoughts exactly mate. Hopefully they get a run early on and a good preseason.