Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's risk on every signing that a club makes.
BJ would add size, aggression and experience to the backline which is desperately needed.
He's a better option than what we have and on his day he's a match winner.
If Canberra are paying some of his salary even better.
He'll form a good partnership with Smith on the right edge, moving Hoppa to the left edge with Meaney, Okunbur, Chrichton or whoever.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
BJ would add size, aggression and experience to the backline which is desperately needed.
He'll form a good partnership with Smith on the right edge, moving Hoppa to the left edge with Meaney, Okunbur, Chrichton or whoever.
Very good post. If Canberra are paying a substantial amount it makes sense to tide us over to see how our young guys go as they transition into first grade and then we’ll have more money for the season after if things don’t work out

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone on here says no to everyone... leluia is a good signing (if it comes through)and he is coming for cheaper then what he’s on at raiders, he’s hungry and motivated to win a comp.. he’s got size, ball skills and some flare... exactly what we need.

WELCOME JOEY LELUIA!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is 3 years good tho?...if true

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we DON'T mention Crichton.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone on here says no to everyone... leluia is a good signing (if it comes through)and he is coming for cheaper then what he’s on at raiders, he’s hungry and motivated to win a comp.. he’s got size, ball skills and some flare... exactly what we need.

WELCOME JOEY LELUIA!
Raiders fans want croker to leave more than bj lol, our fans are so bipolar

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Put simply. This **** is better then both Montoya and Holland combined. And ***** still wanna whinge. Fuck me.
Yes Leilua is better then Montoya and Holland. There are other better options available tho for 2021. Also if we didn't sign a Centre for next season we don't necessarily have to play either of them. We could play Reimis in the Centres with Okunbor on the Wing (similar to our last game of the season). I actually don't mind signing Leilua if the price is right tho (for me it'd be 400k) otherwise similar to the Ramien and Koroisau situation we should wait out for the best available (unless someone decent for value pops up in the meantime, it's almost November tho). I think this signing will come down to how much the board values Leilua. When you consider the situation we've been in (and still not out of) for the last 2 years surely you can understand why people are whinging.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so fucking what... he will also be taking more money than them combined.... if you're going to spend money, spend it right
Think we're in a bit of a hole when it comes to attracting players to the Dogs. Clearly we've had a few options lined up and supposedly joining us but for whatever reason we simply couldn't finish it off.

Now, I'm all for spending the right amount of money on the right player but I think history dictates to us this year that we're just not in the position to get those players. We're all saying "Let's wait for 2021 to get the BEST players" but if we don't improve on the pitch and get more consistent who will want to join us? It's a big gamble to go into next year hoping it all comes together with the options centres we have ... and we know they're not great.

So, I do get what you're saying and would normally agree with you but I just don't think we're in the position to really gamble and hope that we can attract those players in 2021. Best to get a player like BJ at a decent price is my thinking the more I go over this situation. We need improvement NOW to attract better players in 2021.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
so fucking what... he will also be taking more money than them combined.... if you're going to spend money, spend it right
I doubt sadly that’s right. Not saying Bj isn’t worth more then holland and montoya combined: though I suspect those two are on decent money, wouldn’t be amazed if Holland’s on 300k+ and montoya probz not far off. Not worth it. Though likely on it with our current mess.

Holland re-signed on like a 3 year deal or something stupid last time and was talked up deluxe

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has he signed yet? Can't wait. Hopefully Jake Friend will be next

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This.

People whinging some of us don't want anyone but are willing to sign fkn anyone just for the sake of it. Yeah we're aren't seen as the powerhouse we once were, but knee jerk signings like this could potentially fk up the "Warchest" for 2021.

We have some promising young guys coming through like Averillo & Harper, give them some more time. Reimis into Centre and develop Okonbur a lot better options out there.

Stop taking other teams rejects and start to poach upcoming & current stars. If we have to pay a bit more fk it, build it and they will come.

This is probably one of the only rumoured signings ive really been against.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This.

People whinging some of us don't want anyone but are willing to sign fkn anyone just for the sake of it. Yeah we're aren't seen as the powerhouse we once were, but knee jerk signings like this could potentially fk up the "Warchest" for 2021.

We have some promising young guys coming through like Averillo & Harper, give them some more time. Reimis into Centre and develop Okonbur a lot better options out there.

Stop taking other teams rejects and start to poach upcoming & current stars. If we have to pay a bit more fk it, build it and they will come.

This is probably one of the only rumoured signings ive really been against.
Yeah, can see what you're saying but I just don't think it's realistic considering the position we're in as a club.

We can't attract top players. Full stop. We're unable to offer them a realistic shot at winning the comp, and won't be able to 'sell' that attraction until we're at least getting into the top 8. We're not going to pay top dollar simply because that's what got us into the shit in the first place. Buying players who were simply looking for a bigger contract rather than playing for the team.

The Dogs have plastered it everywhere. We need players with Blue & White blood. We want players that want us. Or need us.

That means no top talent. Sorry. It's as simple as that. We're looking in the bargain shop for damaged goods that can be polished and maybe turned into something decent. Even top jnior talent.

Ramien, a young player many on here were harping on about for a long time, turned us down to go to the Knights. Kicked up a storm there, actively went behind hte club's back for a get out. Underperformed. Wasn't happy. But we went for him. And missed out. Gone to Cronulla for more money, better chance at premiership whatever.

Api. No future at the Warriors. Seemed like he was signed, sealed, and delivered. Went to the Panthers for more money.

We can't attract mediocre players that have potential to become good. Why does everyone think we can and should only target the best?

BJ is our level of player. Simple. Get him for 400,000 and it's a steal. He'll help us get top 8 at the very least and then we'll be in a much better position to target bigger and better players in 2021.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, can see what you're saying but I just don't think it's realistic considering the position we're in as a club.

We can't attract top players. Full stop. We're unable to offer them a realistic shot at winning the comp, and won't be able to 'sell' that attraction until we're at least getting into the top 8. We're not going to pay top dollar simply because that's what got us into the shit in the first place. Buying players who were simply looking for a bigger contract rather than playing for the team.

The Dogs have plastered it everywhere. We need players with Blue & White blood. We want players that want us. Or need us.

That means no top talent. Sorry. It's as simple as that. We're looking in the bargain shop for damaged goods that can be polished and maybe turned into something decent. Even top jnior talent.

Ramien, a young player many on here were harping on about for a long time, turned us down to go to the Knights. Kicked up a storm there, actively went behind hte club's back for a get out. Underperformed. Wasn't happy. But we went for him. And missed out. Gone to Cronulla for more money, better chance at premiership whatever.

Api. No future at the Warriors. Seemed like he was signed, sealed, and delivered. Went to the Panthers for more money.

We can't attract mediocre players that have potential to become good. Why does everyone think we can and should only target the best?

BJ is our level of player. Simple. Get him for 400,000 and it's a steal. He'll help us get top 8 at the very least and then we'll be in a much better position to target bigger and better players in 2021.
Can totally see that side but unfortunately if we sign BJ the club isn't really looking at the big picture.

If we bring him in for 2020, yeah maybe we are a top 8 team, maybe. But is that what we are going for or are we looking at building for the future towards once again being a consistent dominant club?

As for Ramien, the last couple for years we couldn't afford to offer Jack for anyone really, we were offloading players everywhere and totally agree that we were not appealing. Though now we are well and truly in the box seat and all players & managers know this. We can build a premiership winning team and players will start to realise this.

We add some top marquee type players around some of the core group we have after we get out of the overpaying back ended contracts, we could build that team in the near future. We have some great players now and some good juniors that can develop into top players.

My main issue isn't exactly it being Leilua, its the signing of other teams rejects instead of looking forward and taking a stand.

Anyway, think ive said enough about this issue hahaha :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.