Bulldogs circling Leilua as Raiders squeeze star centre out

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because our young centres are pretty good and it's a sideways option at this point. I'd be happy with Leilua if it was a 2 year deal at 400k nothing more. Fuck all coin and doesn't really block the path of a developing young gun
I would release Holland and put the cash being used to lure BJ here,and chase another teams top centre ..
Staggs from Broncos
Lomax from Dragons
Xerri from Sharks
Scott from Storm
Manu from Roosters
BJ and Holland’s coin would cover any of these players.
STOP SETTLING FFS !!!!
Dog 4 Life

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wighton wouldn't be a bad buy if we missed out on Latrell or Manu (which I honestly think is unlikely if we're serious). I wouldn't say Wighton is a better Centre then Latrell who has probably been the best Centre in the game for the last 2 years (actually acknowledged for it this year even tho he had a poor year which I'd agree with). At the start of the season I didn't think the Wighton to Five-Eighth was a good move. There is no reason why Latrell couldn't do the same thing there or at Fullback if he knows that's his position moving forward (currently I'd just keep him Centre, Fullback if we signed Leilua or another Centre). Wighton is ahead and has more experience then Latrell in Fullback and Five-Eighth tho. Latrell can kick goals and is a field goal option which we're lacking. I've been a Latrell fan for 3 years so I know what he's capable of (I really like him so I'll always push for Latrell until it isn't possible).
Wouldn't mind Wighton at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Incredi
you'll be the one having a melt down when you become truly acquainted with just how ill-disciplined your prized pig is
Raiders have been my favourite side to watch in recent years, i've seen more than enough from him to know what he brings instead of just focusing on a single interrupted season and negatives. He's the sort of player we need, errors and all. Just need it to be at the right price.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raiders have been my favourite side to watch in recent years, i've seen more than enough from him to know what he brings instead of just focusing on a single interrupted season and negatives. He's the sort of player we need, errors and all. Just need it to be at the right price.

It's not just the errors, he's just not an amazing player like some here seem to believe... he had a pretty good season in 2016 but has been average since... I just think if we have money, throw a heap at a marquee centre, or give Smith a crack at centre which is where he wants to play, Okunbor to the wing...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not just the errors, he's just not an amazing player like some here seem to believe... he had a pretty good season in 2016 but has been average since... I just think if we have money, throw a heap at a marquee centre, or give Smith a crack at centre which is where he wants to play, Okunbor to the wing...
Huh? Average since 2016? Lol okay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yes you read it right.. why do you think teams aren't lining up for him?
How many teams have money to spend right now? How many of those teams have a spot available at centre? Answer those two questions and return to me with your findings ;)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many teams have money to spend right now? How many of those teams have a spot available at centre? Answer those two questions and return to me with your findings ;)
Knights, Tigers, Titans, Penrith, possibly others... I mean it's not like he's going to be asking Latrell figures

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Knights, Tigers, Titans, Penrith, possibly others... I mean it's not like he's going to be asking Latrell figures
None of those teams have money lol. Titans are irrelevant.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of those teams have money lol. Titans are irrelevant.

They have all offloaded players this year.. and how would you know what money they have? let's remember that even we were told that our own team had no money to spend not so long ago, then we picked up CHN, Sue, Napa, DWZ and a few other players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They have all offloaded players this year.. and how would you know what money they have? let's remember that even we were told that our own team had no money to spend not so long ago, then we picked up CHN, Sue, Napa, DWZ and a few other players
They offloaded players because their caps tight and they want to be in the market for 2021. There were only two clubs with significant $$$ for this coming season, us and Cowboys. Cowboys already made their signing.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They offloaded players because their caps tight and they want to be in the market for 2021. There were only two clubs with significant $$$ for this coming season, us and Cowboys. Cowboys already made their signing.
Reasons vary, I mean Knights and Ramien is a good example of that

Fact is, if he was the level of player some are making out, teams would find a way.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reasons vary, I mean Knights and Ramien is a good example of that

Fact is, if he was the level of player some are making out, teams would find a way.
The demand for centres is non existent, most clubs are settled in that position so there's no need to go to great lengths to fit him in. He also isn't a top tier centre or up and coming future superstar so he isn't going to cause market panic.

Other clubs needs and our clubs needs are also totally different things. The club should know what sort of player we need and others clubs interest shouldn't change that.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Titans are fucked cap wise they said so already. Saying Holbrook won’t be able
To do anything for 12-24 months (us all over)

Tigers are fucked too that’s why they want matulino packer Reynolds etc gone. I’d say cause that hasn’t worked marsters was a causality they copped.

Either way we clearly have the most $ to spend now along with cowboys before their recruiting due to barba/McDonald/kahu etc gone.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for $500 or $550k a year would b a good buy,he's smashed us in just about every game he's played against us,and apart from manu,was one of the form centres before his injury

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh.. not really worth debating... I don't know for certain what these clubs have, nor do you guys... we've made some decent signings and we've improved.. but it's time to think marquee... Roosters don't win premierships by loading up on ok players just because they are available

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
meh.. not really worth debating... I don't know for certain what these clubs have, nor do you guys... we've made some decent signings and we've improved.. but it's time to think marquee... Roosters don't win premierships by loading up on ok players just because they are available
I do because I asked Susan from accounting.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t this grub get convicted not long ago for sending nude pics of his ex to her family?

Last edited: