Ryan James

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With sponsors like that who needs enemies. Gotta feel for him personally bearing the brunt of loosing a sponsor for forgetting the end of a speech?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With sponsors like that who needs enemies. Gotta feel for him personally bearing the brunt of loosing a sponsor for forgetting the end of a speech?
Those sponsors have done themselves more harm than good. People are giving it to them on Facebook. FFS it's not as if RJ did it on purpose... and he did feel embarrassed and bad about it already. This dog act by the sponsors is just salt into the wound. Pathetic really.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Those sponsors have done themselves more harm than good. People are giving to them on Facebook. FFS it's not as if RJ did it on purpose... and he did feel embarrassed and bad about it already. This dog act by the sponsors is just salt into the wound. Pathetic really.
And it's not as though he posted body parts pics or was filmed fighting in the streets. Yet suffers as much humiliation as those who did. Strange times!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those sponsors have done themselves more harm than good. People are giving to them on Facebook. FFS it's not as if RJ did it on purpose... and he did feel embarrassed and bad about it already. This dog act by the sponsors is just salt into the wound. Pathetic really.
Agreed, the sponsor pulling out has backfired massively and people are raging.
Bad call on their part. they would have been far better making a public statement about them supporting him and received positive publicity. LOL

Wahesh

Reaction score
Agreed, the sponsor pulling out has backfired massively and people are raging.
Bad call on their part. they would have been far better making a public statement about them supporting him and received positive publicity. LOL
Yep - or being quiet altogether. This reminds me of how things backfired on Wicked Sister last year.

Now THAT was entertaining. LOL.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - or being quiet altogether. This reminds me of how things backfired on Wicked Sister last year.

Now THAT was entertaining. LOL.
what actually came of that? I missed it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it actually confirmed that this is why they are walking away? terrible pr move!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure he felt pretty bad, but at least all i have really seen from the public and the league community is support for him.

i think he was won that award for community service they give out? (Ken Stephen medal?). Guy appears to be one of the Titans' only positives.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very tough player Ryan James been lucky to lose out a nsw bumper a lot with injury . Interesting to see how Holbrook goes I got told ash Taylor will be in Uk next year but maybe Holbrook will get him firing , when he’s on he’s on. Team with arrow , peachey, Taylor etc could be lethal next year . If they fail I’d dare say titans will be gone

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s probably more to it based on what I’ve witnessed.

During both my visits to Kingscliff in the latter stages of the NRL season I saw RJ emerge from the local bottle shop armed with a slab of beer on both occasions. Your injured club captain hitting the drink heavily throughout the season is a shocker look and this sorta stuff always makes it to the ears of club sponsors.

He’s apparently a nice enough bloke but he’s a boozehound and I wouldn’t be surprised if he spent more time swilling beer than practicing his lines beforehand.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s probably more to it based on what I’ve witnessed.

During both my visits to Kingscliff in the latter stages of the NRL season I saw RJ emerge from the local bottle shop armed with a slab of beer on both occasions. Your injured club captain hitting the drink heavily throughout the season is a shocker look and this sorta stuff always makes it to the ears of club sponsors.

He’s apparently a nice enough bloke but he’s a boozehound and I wouldn’t be surprised if he spent more time swilling beer than practicing his lines beforehand.
So what if he bought a couple of cases of beer? How do you know he was drinking them or how many he drank? Maybe he was having people over and was being a good host and supplying beer? Maybe he had a mate do some work for him and is giving him a case of beer as thanks? There are a million reasons people buy slabs, and most dont involve someone being an alco.

You are making a bunch of unsubstantiated claims from seeing little more than someone buy some beer.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So what if he bought a couple of cases of beer? How do you know he was drinking them or how many he drank? Maybe he was having people over and was being a good host and supplying beer? Maybe he had a mate do some work for him and is giving him a case of beer as thanks? There are a million reasons people buy slabs, and most dont involve someone being an alco.

You are making a bunch of unsubstantiated claims from seeing little more than someone buy some beer.
He’s a highly paid club captain of a team running last. He’s recovering from an injury, alcohol adversely affects injury recovery. Buying bulk grog on his own, as a public figure within that community, under those circumstances is a horrific look. And sponsors hear everything.

Point is this sponsor finally got an opportunity to terminate their association with the club without having to embarrassingly reveal the underlying cultural issues within, and they took it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He’s a highly paid club captain of a team running last. He’s recovering from an injury, alcohol adversely affects injury recovery. Buying bulk grog on his own, as a public figure within that community, under those circumstances is a horrific look. And sponsors hear everything.

Point is this sponsor finally got an opportunity to terminate their association with the club without having to embarrassingly reveal the underlying cultural issues within, and they took it.
Given all the negative backlash they've copped, I think society in general tends to disagree with you!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah a case is not "bulk grog." and is not a "horrific look." Dont be so dramatic.

No, point is you have absolutely zero proof he even drank the beer yet alone proof that the real reason the sponsor pulled the plug had anything to do with it.

You are deadset talking out your ahole.

The much more likely scenario is that the sponsors wanted to pull out due to on field performances and the mismanagement at the club and used James gaffe as an excuse. Thankfully this has blown up in their face.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Given all the negative backlash they've copped, I think society in general tends to disagree with you!
Couldn’t give a rats what the popular belief within general society is. Few know the finer details of what went on at that club. At the top of the list - a head coach (now former) who would get shitfaced the night before away games. And it trickled down from there.

The sponsor actually listed a number of other reasons for the termination of sponsorship which cannot be argued with. But in true mass societal fashion they’ve identified one somewhat dubious line and savaged them for it.

With all the facts laid bare around the titans performance and culture this year, how could you possibly criticise a major sponsor for taking advantage of an out.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The much more likely scenario is that the sponsors wanted to pull out due to on field performances and the mismanagement at the club.
Yep. Which they directly referred to in the very same press release.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Couldn’t give a rats what the popular belief within general society is. Few know the finer details of what went on at that club. At the top of the list - a head coach (now former) who would get shitfaced the night before away games. And it trickled down from there.

The sponsor actually listed a number of other reasons for the termination of sponsorship which cannot be argued with. But in true mass societal fashion they’ve identified one somewhat dubious line and savaged them for it.

With all the facts laid bare around the titans performance and culture this year, how could you possibly criticise a major sponsor for taking advantage of an out.
You know... they could’ve terminated their contract without mentioning the Ryan James speech... at least it wouldn’t have backfired like this.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder how TFH feel about Dylan Walker

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I was Ryan James I'd come out and say good riddance... ya shit fucking logo made our jerseys look like shit anyways