Bulldogs circling Leilua as Raiders squeeze star centre out

Malla

Reaction score
If his signing will cost us anyone like Mitchell, Manu, Radradra or Fifita then we're f..king crazy and Pay is letting his friendship with Stuart spoil our team. Would rather pay an extra 200K for Manu or even an extra 400K for Mitchell and they're both young and fit. Radradra is probably out of our price now. If we could get Mitchell OR Manu AND David Fifita AND Leilua then that would be okay.
Hopefully it shouldn’t as Raiders will still be paying some of his salary.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all the players we apparently after and missed out on we will get this bloke lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a waste of cap space..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone that watches NRL would know Leilua is hot & cold and very inconsistent & prone to regular brain explosion plays..

In some ways He cost the Raiders the GF with 2 big errors.. if he passed to Rapana 1 second earlier than he did Rapana scores and he was lazy at marker that the Rorter$ exploited to make the break & score the winning try..

Sure he can do some good things but that above is typical Leilua play..
After doing those things with us...Pay'd have him in CCup....where's the value for the club? Dumb move if true cos not many at all could see him changing his whole playing style and work ethic.

If he could, then really he's about as good as we can get atm.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Value should go down for his grand final effort.. I would prefer we persist with with our youth policy. Harper went well in his nrl start. We have 2 more good centre prospects. Harper n hoppa, Smith is also a fill in chance.
Averillo, and Schoup as well...fast track them if possible.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would take him in a heartbeat.

Yes - he is hot and cold. So at worst, it will be a litmus test for Pay to see if he can get the best out of such a player. At best, we could have one of the best and most destructive centers in the game.

Is it a risk? Fucking oath. Worth a punt? For 4 or 500k, I think so. He is someone who can break a game open, something we severely lack at the moment.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"For me it's about looking after my family, doing what's best for them," Leilua said. "If they want us to leave, I'll have to settle something there. I will probably miss the boys and the club the most, the fans, if I do leave. You have to understand it's a business, how it works. You can't keep the best team always together, that's why Melbourne always let go of their players when they are performing at the club. That's the way it goes."
Anyone else feel like this was a sneaky dig at the Rorters? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m happy with this- we need points!!! He is definitely someone who can create opportunities, also someone who can bring ‘the madness’

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't think this is a good value for money signing but I get the feeling it's going to happen.

I hope it's not at the expense of the lower grade players, although they are unproven I think some of them will turn out to be good players.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only players we are buying are the ones not wanted by their current club!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't think this is a good value for money signing but I get the feeling it's going to happen.

I hope it's not at the expense of the lower grade players, although they are unproven I think some of them will turn out to be good players.
I am concered about this as well. He looked so out of shape during the finals series.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How are the Bulldogs offering him so much $$$ when there isn’t many clubs vying for his services? Surely they could have offered $350-400k a season instead. 3 years is a big contract for a guy who is inconsistent and not a world class centre.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
He always came across as a lazy self interested fkr to me. Don't really want him at the club.

I'd prefer we had players who were selfless, hard trainers and want to perform for the team, not for themselves.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No
GF showed he is more rocks then diamonds
Off the field he won’t be a good image for the club (I live in canberra)
I would rather develop then spend money on someone who won’t be around for a long time.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No
GF showed he is more rocks then diamonds
Off the field he won’t be a good image for the club (I live in canberra)
I would rather develop then spend money on someone who won’t be around for a long time.

he's always been more rocks than diamonds except for 2016, and he's been on the decline since then

I'm hearing other users saying that ''he's an upgrade on what we've got''.. that is no reason we should sign him... I'd rather see Harper get a run, or put Smith in the centres to give Okunbor a permanent wing spot... Anything but Leilua... we don't need that shit right now when we spent most of this season getting our discipline in check

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind Leilua for the right price. He is one of those players we are missing in our team, someone who can create something from nothing, has that x-factor, has crazy agression too and would be perfect for our young backs...
But... he has so many mistakes in him too.

Also, has anyone else noticed, since Dogs came out last year and said 2021 is when we will have shitloads of money and we will be going huge in the market, that many other clubs are doing the exact same thing too..