News Roosters set to shed stars but huge cost puts Canterbury off Latrell Mitchell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't trust fortune soldiers
Well we can't offer more success then many other clubs so we're always going to be at a disadvantage regarding recruitment. We also have a lot of money to spend so what are we going to do with it? We just need to make sure we're recruiting the right players.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is all bullshit, its a cover up to make it sound like players are not getting enough money at the Roosters.

I want you to put yourself in uncle Nick's shoes, you're a multimillionaire maybe almost worth a billion dollars, and your friends are also billionaires, you all share the same passion which is owning a rugby league team, it's your hobby..... are you going to care how much money you spend on this hobby, HELL NO!

People have cars as a passionate hobby and they spend hundreds of thousands because they love it, and they don't blink about how much they've spent on them!

Uncle Nick's goal is to win premierships, and he doesn't care how much it costs, he and his buddies are willing to pay whatever and whomever to win them!
Reminds me of the Bulldogs at the start of the century

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those that think LM will turn up for us if signed to us, are kidding themselves.
What's his motivation to do so?
Do they have El-Jannah in the East?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Overhyped though

Fkn Gada's Big Bite in Auburn is better and that place looks like a hole
Quality tends to drop when expansion arises. Was best when there was only the one/two

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we can't offer more success then many other clubs so we're always going to be at a disadvantage regarding recruitment. We also have a lot of money to spend so what are we going to do with it? We just need to make sure we're recruiting the right players.
Anyone remembers these names ?
Lamb Kelly Tunks Brohman Batties Pittman Sigsworth Bugden Hunt Gould Leis Conlon B.Johnson Leabeater Pobjie P.Johnson
Plus the young...Gillespie Hagan Potter Langmack Mannix O'Brien.
They were the recruits of 1983 and 1984 seasons that combined with Steve Peter and Chris Mortimer Farrar Robbo Folkes Gearin Anderson
Coached by one of the greatest in Warren Ryan...They created Canterbury's Golden Era !
That was then...Now only the RORTERS are allowed to do the same or similar !!!
Since then we've adopted the BULLDOGS BORN AND BRED motto that brought us success until the salary cap ripped us apart
Then there was Greenturd the scum that abandoned that successful philosophy !!!
Now...We need a Mortimer a Lamb and a Kelly, two or three that would make a difference !!!
No rejects Pleeeease !!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those that think LM will turn up for us if signed to us, are kidding themselves.
What's his motivation to do so?
Make his contract performance based. $800k base, if we make top 4 add $100k. Make GF, add another $50k. Win GF, add another $100k. Allow for it in the cap.

If he wins us GFs, he's worth $1m.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he’s smarter unfortunately
or more feared
He's a smart businessman no one can argue with that, he could be feared, and that's because I think he's supporting the game financially. The biggest thing though is, he has being around for over 40 years, and is the longest serving club administrator in this sport, if not any sport in Australia, so with that in mind, and you take into account his business acumen.... you have a pretty savvy individual who can move and shake things when he wants to!

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im not convinced Latrell would be as good for us as he is for Roosters (when hes not MIA). Playing for us he would be targetted as being the most dangerous person in our team, and that doesnt happen at Roosters because Tedesco and Keary are more dangerous. Not saying he would be shit for us, but may not be worth the money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Interesting to see people wanting Manu over Mitchell, personally I think it would be crazy to sign Manu at 700k(?) than say Mitchell at 900k-1m. Mitchell is a genuine top 5 player in the game, the guy is a match winner, one of the few players that could be considered as the best player on a premiership winning team.
Manu is consistently involved in games and comes up with plenty of clutch plays and is always a creative outlet. He doesn't have as many wow moments as Latrell, but I'd prefer a player of his character on big coin instead of Latrell on mega coin.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Manu is consistently involved in games and comes up with plenty of clutch plays and is always a creative outlet. He doesn't have as many wow moments as Latrell, but I'd prefer a player of his character on big coin instead of Latrell on mega coin.
Manu is an absolute Fucking gun. I’d take him and semi ASAP! That said I don’t think he will get away and we will just have to settle for semi and latrell.

Could you imagine. 2021 backline.

Dwz
Semi
Latrell
Smith and he can play centre or wing and either hoppa on a lot less or okunbor or Meaney outside Smith.

Fuck me I would absolutely jizz my pants.

I’d be a good sport and give one to Lynne!
If 4 of our back 5 is Dwz semi latrell and remis in 2021 I’ll go to the honey pot!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Manu is an absolute Fucking gun. I’d take him and semi ASAP! That said I don’t think he will get away and we will just have to settle for semi and latrell.

Could you imagine. 2021 backline.

Dwz
Semi
Latrell
Smith and he can play centre or wing and either hoppa on a lot less or okunbor or Meaney outside Smith.

Fuck me I would absolutely jizz my pants.

I’d be a good sport and give one to Lynne!
If 4 of our back 5 is Dwz semi latrell and remis in 2021 I’ll go to the honey pot!
Semi wants too much coin, not paying that for any outside back really. Wouldn't mind seeing him play centre right now though, feel like he would absolutely tear shit up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im not convinced Latrell would be as good for us as he is for Roosters (when hes not MIA). Playing for us he would be targetted as being the most dangerous person in our team, and that doesnt happen at Roosters because Tedesco and Keary are more dangerous. Not saying he would be shit for us, but may not be worth the money.
For all we know he could perform better not being able to rely on other star players. Even if he's targeted it creates more room and opportunity for other players. I'm sure teams are currently doing that with Foran and he's still one of our best players every week when he's playing.

Banned
Reaction score
For all we know he could perform better not being able to rely on other star players. Even if he's targeted it creates more room and opportunity for other players. I'm sure teams are currently doing that with Foran and he's still one of our best players every week when he's playing.
Yet that's expected from a playmaker!