News Roosters set to shed stars but huge cost puts Canterbury off Latrell Mitchell

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
roosters have a tempory shortage of brown paper bags, this will no doubt be fixed up to enable more million dollar signings

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
roosters have a tempory shortage of brown paper bags, this will no doubt be fixed up to enable more million dollar signings
Yeh if the lose tetevano and the water boy they have enough cash to add a star or two and retain everyone else

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His management will use the dog's as a bargaining chip and get a substantial offer on the table after November 1and play hardball with the Roosters to get what he wants because he ain't going anywhere

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all bullshit, its a cover up to make it sound like players are not getting enough money at the Roosters.

I want you to put yourself in uncle Nick's shoes, you're a multimillionaire maybe almost worth a billion dollars, and your friends are also billionaires, you all share the same passion which is owning a rugby league team, it's your hobby..... are you going to care how much money you spend on this hobby, HELL NO!

People have cars as a passionate hobby and they spend hundreds of thousands because they love it, and they don't blink about how much they've spent on them!

Uncle Nick's goal is to win premierships, and he doesn't care how much it costs, he and his buddies are willing to pay whatever and whomever to win them!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol still going on about the GF? Raiders suck... move on
Its more than just the GF.. the groundwork and dirty work was done by Politis and the Rorters back in 2016 when they publicly attacked Cummins.. that ended up working to their benefit like many things that go their way..

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jeez I hope we don't sign Latrell. He reminds me of Hayne. I just dont think his heart will be in it and wed have to pay big $$$.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its more than just the GF.. the groundwork and dirty work was done by Politis and the Rorters back in 2016 when they publicly attacked Cummins.. that ended up working to their benefit like many things that go their way..
Each to their own I guess... I mean I definitely agree the Roosters are cheats (salary cap) but they were the best team this year and the Raiders can't blame the refs for their poor attack

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting to see people wanting Manu over Mitchell, personally I think it would be crazy to sign Manu at 700k(?) than say Mitchell at 900k-1m. Mitchell is a genuine top 5 player in the game, the guy is a match winner, one of the few players that could be considered as the best player on a premiership winning team.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With our current centre options all we can hope for is to scrape into the top eight by by grinding out a 50% win ratio. Latrell is the best centre in the game. He is so similar to GI he could also be a brilliant fullback or 5/8. Obviously we would need to show him the money. A 10 year deal for $10M would be madness on our behalf but a five year deal for $6M would get them tempted and give dogs fans hope of another premiership.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will never change my view on recruitments
You never sign NO-ONE for the wrong reasons !!!
But the reality is
The coach isn't an attraction.
The clubs recent history isn't an attraction.
The only ATTRACTION we are left with is our financial strength, we have to use our strength WISELY !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I will never change my view on recruitments
You never sign NO-ONE for the wrong reasons !!!
But the reality is
The coach isn't an attraction.
The clubs recent history isn't an attraction.
The only ATTRACTION we are left with is our financial strength, we have to use our strength WISELY !!!
Results or money. Money will almost always win if it's enough.

Banned
Reaction score
Those that think LM will turn up for us if signed to us, are kidding themselves.
What's his motivation to do so?