News Canterbury boss chases two English Super League stars

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure hill didn't stop over in Japan... horse?
I’d have no isssue with Walmsley on a 2-3 year deal. Quality props still do some of their best work at 30-33.

Just have a look at some past dogs players for example like Steve Price (Played Origin/Tests til 35yrs old), James Graham (played with us to a high standard at 32/33yrs), even Aiden Tolman is playing some of his best footy for us at 31yrs this year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson please

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we are not paying huge overs go right ahead with signings I don’t think 2 front rowers should be taking up anymore then 1.2 million of salary cap to be honest

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson would be an awesome signing;
Tough
Strong
Big motor
Late footwork
Aggressive
He played 73 mins at prop during last weekends grand final and won man of the match easily.
In August/September I was on holidays in the uk. I went to the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley. Awesone experience. The standout players for me were the St.Helens Props and the Warrington Hooker Daryl Clark who won the Lance Todd Trophy. The only back that took my eye was St.Helens winger Regan Grace who is grease lightning but not all that robust.
Thompson is tough and hard as is Walmsley. Don't write Walmsley off because of his age. He has plenty of ball skill like Graham had when he came to us in 2012.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In August/September I was on holidays in the uk. I went to the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley. Awesone experience. The standout players for me were the St.Helens Props and the Warrington Hooker Daryl Clark who won the Lance Todd Trophy. The only back that took my eye was St.Helens winger Regan Grace who is grease lightning but not all that robust.
Thompson is tough and hard as is Walmsley. Don't write Walmsley off because of his age. He has plenty of ball skill like Graham had when he came to us in 2012.
Daryl Clark was rated better than Hodgson before he came to the NRL... Hopefully he comes to Australia soon

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here.
Yep you were spot on mate. I was hoping it had gone quiet in the media and would be forgotten. We are going to big lengths to build a strong squad. As long as we don’t have to pay overs :grinning:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson getting a fuckload of hype from a lot of people who have never seen him play it seems.

Walmsley got dominated every time he touched the ball last time he was over here.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson would be an awesome signing;
Tough
Strong
Big motor
Late footwork
Aggressive
He played 73 mins at prop during last weekends grand final and won man of the match easily.
I believe he was a junior sprint champion too

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There must be something going on this is the second time Hill has gone over there in the last few months.
In case he didn't notice, he just missed on Holbrook...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep you were spot on mate. I was hoping it had gone quiet in the media and would be forgotten. We are going to big lengths to build a strong squad. As long as we don’t have to pay overs :grinning:
The club is in great hands mate.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is what I mean by overboard.

There’s nothing to support what he’s saying yet, constantly he pushes this agenda.

Let’s just wait and see them actually do something useful before we “pop the champagne “