News Roosters set to shed stars but huge cost puts Canterbury off Latrell Mitchell

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 mil a season id pay for a really good halfback.
3/4 mil max for a strike centre.
We do have a connection with mid north coast nsw where mitchell is from, not sure if that ties together or not.
3/4 mil for mitchell i could handle, he would still pull money in other endorsements etc.
My only concern, is the walk out, loss of interest factor

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We aren't going to sign anyone decent if that is our philosophy... we were always going to have to pay 200-300k on top of what Latrell was going to be offered to stay at the Roosters (I'd assume 700k so 900k-1m). That also applies to Manu and any other players around that level. As we go down (player ability) we might get away with 100-200k. Without spending the money or being able to offer more success then other clubs (not what we think but where we're going to be predicted by the majority preferably people in the know - analysts) we're still not going to be able to attract talent and they will rather stay at their current club or join someone else. How long will we have to wait to assemble a squad of decent players that no other club wants or can fit in? I want to be competitive in 2021 and this just isn't it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JWH in a doggs jersey PLEASE.!!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm all for us being conservative with our money. We don't need to flash the cash like we're at a strip club just because we're able to.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This bloke is a meat head. He constantly attacks the head and would spend the twilight of his suspension infested career with
further suspensions. Signing this pathetic excuse of a prop would be a backward step and I can't see it ever happening - even for
$100k a year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm all for us being conservative with our money. We don't need to flash the cash like we're at a strip club just because we're able to.
For me I think the time is right (as in Nov 1) for us to strike and strike early. Sign a few great signings (marquee) asap and then watch as other players want to follow and build towards something big at our club. Contracts mean nothing so I would be chasing players like Radley, Manu, Keary, Thompson (English), Fafita (Bronco one) and Bateman and we are on our way!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This bloke is a meat head. He constantly attacks the head and would spend the twilight of his suspension infested career with
further suspensions. Signing this pathetic excuse of a prop would be a backward step and I can't see it ever happening - even for
$100k a year.
That last part is silly.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
$100k a year.
I tend to agree actually although I will give him respect for always trying 100%. Almost in wrong era for him, he would be more suited to 10-15 years ago.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
$100k a year.

even the star studded Roosters are much better when he is in the squad so you'd be a fool if you didn't see how highly valuable he is... but anyway it's pointless even discussing it seeing as he ain't going anywhere

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Forget Mitchell. Wrong temperament. Wouldnt fit into the Club we are building. Manu for a 5 year deal much better value. JWH too old.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No centre is worth a million.. Only a spine player is worth that price range..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Forget Mitchell. Wrong temperament. Wouldnt fit into the Club we are building. Manu for a 5 year deal much better value. JWH too old.
Is it much better value tho? If Manu is valued at 600k we're looking at 800-900k. Whereas if Latrell is valued at 700k we're looking at 900k-1m. Latrell is better then Manu (it's very close, Manu has closed the gap) and Latrell kicks goals (Meaney probably isn't our long term Winger) and is a field goal option (currently we don't have one). We're saving 100-200k signing Manu.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 star player to be cap compliant... I wonder which of the Canterbury cup players they will have to release! What a circus this sport has become!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I pray that doesn’t happen. Would be almost as bad as having to cheer on DCE or Dylan Walker

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I pray that doesn’t happen. Would be almost as bad as having to cheer on DCE or Dylan Walker
Yeah I agree, I think we need someone like him just not him. At first I thought it would be a good idea, but more I think about it we have signed too many players in the departure lounge ready to go soon.
Like what I read about Hill heading to England again for Thompson and Walmsley (Thompson only thanks). He is very active which id great to see.