Climate Change Protests

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's an unknown. There's too many variables and far too complex an ecosystem for anyone to exactly know how great the consequences are going to be.

Does this have the potential to lead down the path of human extinction? Yes it does. I'm not saying that's a far gone conclusion but we don't know exactly how devastating the effects are going to be. No models have been able to paint an idea of what's going to happen.
It could happen. But also, God could be real and he could save us.

Point being, there's no predictions that say that huamsn extinction will happen.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It could happen. But also, God could be real and he could save us.

Point being, there's no predictions that say that huamsn extinction will happen.
None of those predictions can be depended on to give a fair idea of what will happen. The only thing we can say that it will be overwhelmingly negative but no idea as to how great the effects are.

Shortage of food and displacement of populations, when taken into consideration with human kinds propensity to start wars over resources may lead to extremely uncomfortable situations.

There isn't a model anywhere out there that is saying this will happen in our lifetimes but that on the longer scale (maybe just beyond our lifetimes) there's a possibility of this happening.

And it's nothing like a belief in a sky fairy mumbo jumbo.

Banned
Reaction score
What really gets to me, is the mentality that you must side with one extreme or the other and there's nil middle ground between them!

There is much to cover here.
First.
austaralia has the worlds largest U238 deposits, which is the most used nuclear fuel in the world, but reactors can’t operate on U238 alone as it is fissionable but not fissile.
Second.
Gen4 reactors are a pipe dream and have never been operated at any sort of meaningful power.
Australians already irrationally fear nuclear energy. There is absolutely no chance of them accepting an experimental technology, with no proven safety systems.
Third.
The stability of an isotope has no correlation to its half-life, it does however affect its propensity to fission. Some of the most long lived isotopes (h/l over 10000 years) are the easiest to fission (U235 and PU239 for example)
Finally.
Absolutely correct.
It is perfectly safe (from a radiological standpoint) to swim in a reactor service pool, or even a reactor pool itself. You could even dive down about halfway and still be good.
It's nice to have someone to discuss topics like this and I thank you for the correction :grinning:
So, how about that Lucas Heights off season pool party? ;)

Banned
Reaction score
Why am I still using my heater in October if global warming is heating up the planet?
Females are cold blooded?
I cite their eternally cold feet irrelevant the season as evidence that my comment is based upon fact :P

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What really gets to me, is the mentality that you must side with one extreme or the other and there's nil middle ground between them!

It's nice to have someone to discuss topics like this and I thank you for the correction :grinning:
So, how about that Lucas Heights off season pool party? ;)
Well I mean Alexandria Cortez Orforia is now depressed she can’t have children because the world is ending very soon. Meanwhile in a recent past livestream she was telling people to start thinking about not having children. She is retard

Banned
Reaction score
Well I mean Alexandria Cortez Orforia is now depressed she can’t have children because the world is ending very soon. Meanwhile in a recent past livestream she was telling people to start thinking about not having children. She is retard
She's 29 ffs, prime baby making age!
Spend less time telling guys what to do in public and more telling one what to do in private silly women!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She's 29 ffs, prime baby making age!
Spend less time telling guys what to do in public and more telling one what to do in private silly women!
Dumb whamen. Not even a powerful one. Horse teethed peasant waitress.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Females are cold blooded?
I cite their eternally cold feet irrelevant the season as evidence that my comment is based upon fact :P
The cold seems to really get to African people, Asian people and women for some reason?

Africans diss us whiteys for not being able to hack the heat.
Do you know who has less tolerance to heat waves? You guessed it,Asians!

Although its a bit different in front of a roulette or pokies screen.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
haven't heard much for a few days.... guess cat memes are more important

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
you,
@Hacky McAxe and @ASSASSIN should start a political party.. I can write the campaign slogan

"Let's make this Cuntry great again"

Or

" let's take the **** out of our Cuntry"
So what? They would get into parliament and then introduce legislation to deport themselves? :P

Rooon at me cooonts

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Global warming is real.
Yes, we know it's real, however, it's not the earth-ending stuff the news is making it out to be. Those who study GW know it's about both extremes, not just heat.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we know it's real, however, it's not the earth-ending stuff the news is making it out to be. Those who study GW know it's about both extremes, not just heat.
Actually yes it is. If temperatures continue to rise at their current rate (best case scenario) the planet will simply not be able to sustain us as a species within 100-200 years. Now that may not worry any of us as we'll be dead. But it will mean future generations will look back as us as either morons with a vested interest or just plain ole everyday morons. And they'll be correct as we have been warned, over and over and over and over again that this is happening but we chose to do nothing but protest and/or whine about the protesters.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Actually yes it is. If temperatures continue to rise at their current rate (best case scenario) the planet will simply not be able to sustain us as a species within 100-200 years. Now that may not worry any of us as we'll be dead. But it will mean future generations will look back as us as either morons with a vested interest or just plain ole everyday morons. And they'll be correct as we have been warned, over and over and over and over again that this is happening but we chose to do nothing but protest and/or whine about the protesters.
Yep, temps are rising meanng ice caps are melting - as evident in the image I posted.

I recall New Years Day 2006. It was 48 degrees in Sydney. Everyone remembers that. Exactly 1 year later, New Years Day 2007, it didn't even hit 25 degrees.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Climate change is real in a month and a half it will be summer

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, temps are rising meanng ice caps are melting - as evident in the image I posted.

I recall New Years Day 2006. It was 48 degrees in Sydney. Everyone remembers that. Exactly 1 year later, New Years Day 2007, it didn't even hit 25 degrees.
You've just confirmed you have no idea what you're talking about. And no I'm not going to try and educate you as I've tried that many, many times before on the net with peeps like you and it's a complete and utter waste of my time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You've just confirmed you have no idea what you're talking about. And no I'm not going to try and educate you as I've tried that many, many times before on the net with peeps like you and it's a complete and utter waste of my time.