What players should we dump at the end of the 2019 season

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Off contract 2019 are: Brown, Cerruto, Fualalo, Lichaa, Martin, Nelson, Okunbor, Olive & Tualau.

Not a lot of big names is there? Only Martin would be a cert for mine off that list.
I’d dump them all to be honest

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of the top 30 - Olive, Tualau, Lichaa, Brown, Fualalo, Martin. Can all go. Which is all of whats left off contract anyway.
I'd also try to shop around Montoya (sorry i know he's a junior) and King a year earlier, see if any clubs will take the bait.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of the top 30 - Olive, Tualau, Lichaa, Brown, Fualalo, Martin. Can all go. Which is all of whats left off contract anyway.
I'd also try to shop around Montoya (sorry i know he's a junior) and King a year earlier, see if any clubs will take the bait.
I'd keep Brown if he's willing to take a pay cut

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wishful thinking, I’d be very surprised if any other NRL clubs would be interested in Montoya or Lewis

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We cant really dump anyone unless we get more players in first. We dont appear to have any depth currently. A shitload of players who might be good players in a few years but not yet.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep zelezniak,Foran,Jackson,Lewis,Meaney,suggest a fire sale for the rest

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fire sale if other clubs will cover their salary that we are paying. No more paying players at other clubs.
If it means paying,50%of Elliot,Tolman etc,they only have 1 year left so it would be worth the exercise.

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it means paying,50%of Elliot,Tolman etc,they only have 1 year left so it would be worth the exercise.
Perhaps but not someone like CHN who has another 3 years left, Crichton another 2 etc etc... there's 17 off contract as it is next year so in saying that, we probably could for a year but who would actually want to even half as most wouldn't make another 17.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flawed logic. Its about attitude of the players. Its also about who are we going to buy instead? The NRL just doesnt have the depth to turnover half a teams roster. All clubs try to blood a few reserve graders each year. Going through our squad we seem to have a lot of reserve grade standard talent. So if we want to let them go, how can we afford MORE coin for 1st grade talent that simply is not on the market. Paying money to ex players is ludicrous. The best clubs dont do that. Patience and good coaching is needed. This will take time. Forget any 3 or 5 year premiership plans.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are looking primed for the 2021 season. Unfortunately we will have to right off next year as well. The good thing is due to us going shit now our current good players (not that we to many) there vaule has dropped big time. Out of the 17 off contract players for the 2020 season we should be looking at the ones we would like to keep and resign now while there vaule is very low. Sign them on a low contract for 2021 onwards.

Out of the 17 who do we keep? Keep in mind we resign them on a low contract. Id keep Dwz Foran Jackson R.Smith Ogden Renouf. Cant think of anyone else id like to keep other than them.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 2021 the team will look like this. Fill in the blanks.

1. Dwz
2. Okunbor
5. Smith
6. Foran
8. Napa (dont rate him)
11. Chn
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

16. Ogden
17. Renouf

Meaney cricton still on books also. Basically these above players besides napa will be on fuck all money from 2021 onwards. In addition to the cap going up. Boy oh boy we are going to have a massive war chest. The board better not fuck this up. Start by sacking Pay. Come nov1 start targeting superstars to fill in the blanks. i.e please make sure we sign centres with size strength footwork and most importantly speed.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The following are just some of the names we can strat talking to as of nov1 this year to sign for 2021.

Jesse and Kenny Bromich, tom and jake turbo, tapau, mitchell, manu, tko, jwh, milford, bird, fledger, d.fifta, Staggs, sua, crotic, leiula, klozstad, wrigton, masters, lomax, c.walker, n.brown, asita, McLean, ramein, saifti brothers, arrow, peats, Townsend, j.brailey, maloney.

These are the off contract at the end of 2020. Thats not including whos off contract for next year plus players that want to leave while still on contract. With over 8m left in our cap for 2021 we have no excuses not to land a few superstars from that list.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I might leave hoppaote for now cause maybe playing for Tonga is what he needs to get his season going again like last year

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lichaa, brown, olive, montoya, fualalo, foran. Not sure about Hopoate yet though, wait to see how he goes when at centre again. JMK don't want him, but he's staying I guess
Hoppa is a must keep he had a great season