Nelson Asofa Solomona

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/20192/10/13/media-statement/

Storm have reported it to the Integrity Unit. I love for years how the media went on about how professional the Storm are and they never have incidents. This just proves that’s all bullshit and it doesn’t matter what club someone plays for they play up.
That, along with Harry Grant apparently 'Falling Over'... haha.

This seems warranted though - Sticking up for his team mate who got coward punched.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You kinda wanna hope something happens to them (just being from another club and all), but sticking up for a mate is solid and hope theres nothing more on this if all legit. Especially given the Club owner, cops etc had no issue with him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That, along with Harry Grant apparently 'Falling Over'... haha.

This seems warranted though - Sticking up for his team mate who got coward punched.
It’s just the holier than thou attitude they have when they are no different to anyone else and are aided by being pretty much anonymous down in Melbourne.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 11590

Not a member but would love to hear the article haha
Melbourne Storm’s Nelson Asofa-Solomona’s has arrived back in Australia after being reported by his club for his alleged involvement in a violent street fight in Bali to the NRL Integrity Unit.

“My side of the story will be told soon,” he told Channel 7, after landing at Melbourne Airport.

News Corp has established Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu was allegedly coward punched moments prior to Asofa-Solomona becoming involved.

Storm has launched a full investigation into what led to the enraged prop, in Bali on an end-of-season trip, to unleash his flurry of alleged punches.

Grainy vision of the street fight, believed to be in Seminyak, emerged on Sunday night.

It allegedly showed Asofa-Solomona advance towards a large group of people, singling out a man, and beginning to throw haymakers.

The giant prop told Storm officials in a phone call that he became involved in the fight after a patron had attacked his teammate in an unprovoked assault.

His version of events has been backed up by eyewitnesses.

Asofa-Solomona will front chief executive Dave Donaghy and face questioning from the NRL integrity unit.

“Storm takes these type of incidents very seriously and will not be making any further public comment at this time,” the club said in a statement.

The Herald Sun understands there is no police involvement in the incident.

All the circumstances leading up to and around the incident also remain unclear.

A large contingent of Storm players travelled to Bali during the week for their annual end-of-season trip.

The travelling party included Cameron Munster, Josh Addo-Carr, Suliasi Vunivalu, Brandon Smith and Sandor Earl among others.

It is unclear whether any other Storm players were involved in the incident

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Find it amusing that an NRL official says pretty much "I don't care if they were provoked we wont tolerate this behaviour". What a d*ck, im sure he would sit there copping a flogging without retaliating. Let the bloke defend himself FFS.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was a big fan of his but now I’m president of his fan club. Fuck these heroes that think they can do and say what they want to people and then hide behind the media or integrity unit without consequence

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nelson seems like a good guy, I am sure this belting was warranted.

On another note, Bali looks like such a shitty place to visit (due to the people who visit there)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nelson seems like a good guy, I am sure this belting was warranted.

On another note, Bali looks like such a shitty place to visit (due to the people who visit there)
You just got to stick to the right places. Bali is so good if you want a chill holiday With good weather, cheap and quick to get to

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The nighclub owner is supporting nelson saying the wanker and his mates started trouble inside the club and was threatening them with a bottle whats nelson supposed to do fmd this is the trouble with wankers doing this nrl players will just avoid going out in public
Could always stay away from places that are high risk.... nobody goes to a night club in Bali for a wholesome evening :sweatsmile: and I thought Vuna was meant to be a Christian.. maybe it's a wakeup call

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on him, if it was done for all the right reasons at it seems then that’s comradeship.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do he have a link to the Bulldogs, past or present? If he does, we’ll soon find out...

“Former Bulldogs (insert tenuous link here) Nelson Asofa Solomona was caught on camera in a brawl in Bali...the NRL is expected to come down hard on the Bulldogs, known for their previous Mad Monday issues...(list every actual, alleged and totally made up issue in full colour double page spread)...”
"fan" on the basis he once watched one of our games in a video session.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Find it amusing that an NRL official says pretty much "I don't care if they were provoked we wont tolerate this behaviour". What a d*ck, im sure he would sit there copping a flogging without retaliating. Let the bloke defend himself FFS.
Probably because there's a difference between defending yourself/mate and escalating the situation by charging through a group of people too belt the absolute living shit out of someone lol.

Whatever happened in the end is probably irrelevant anyway, no doubt the footage recorded on the mobile will be the only footage available and most people will probably back NAS during investigations.

It was funny to see all the players go into damage control and start pulling everything off their social media accounts that linked them to Bali haha.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably because there's a difference between defending yourself/mate and escalating the situation by charging through a group of people too belt the absolute living shit out of someone lol.

Whatever happened in the end is probably irrelevant anyway, no doubt the footage recorded on the mobile will be the only footage available and most people will probably back NAS during investigations.

It was funny to see all the players go into damage control and start pulling everything off their social media accounts that linked them to Bali haha.
We don't know the circumstances, and like I said for the Club owner and Police not to charge him they didn't see an issue with his actions.
NRL think they are above the law. Players do need to pull their heads in but real life also happens.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't know the circumstances, and like I said for the Club owner and Police not to charge him they didn't see an issue with his actions.
NRL think they are above the law. Players do need to pull their heads in but real life also happens.
most likely he paid them off... pretty standard in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.