Stimson

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just caught the last 10 min of a replay between storm and titans and Stimson was playing 5/8 And kicking goals , don't know how well he played but it's good to know if one of our halves(foran) gets injured during a game he can cover that position.
Not sure if this has been spoken about already sorry in advance

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At this stage I don't think Stimson makes the 13 (at least at the start of the season). A lot of people will probably disagree with this but I think Smith did a really good job in the Lock rotation and I'd like to see him stay there (that doesn't mean it will happen tho). If we don't run two Hookers Stimson could play 14. Also other people will probably say move Jackson to Lock but I think he's more valuable being our leader playing 80 minutes. If and where Stimson will play is going to be interesting to see. I do think we need to recruit a goal kicker as I don't see Meaney as our long term Winger. I didn't know Stimson kicked goals so if true that could be something (you don't see many Second Rowers kicking goals).

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stimson won’t play because of smith ?? We suck if that’s the case

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Smith isn’t in the best 17.

Stimson is

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubt you leave the storm to come to the dogs to make the bench.

I’m sure he has some sort of guarantee. If you had played valuable mins for a semi final team would you leave (all be it for more money) To a team that hasn’t made the finals for 3 season and be told you’d be starting off the bench.

In my opinion he walks into lock with chn and Jackson as the second rowers.

the bench will be a battle between Britt, Ogden, Elliott, tooamanga, sue, smith, maybe even Lewis or katoa.

In my opinion our pack is solid. Not sure why we would be after another prop when we lack so badly in the outside backs. Also interesting to see why we locked our top 29 in before the preseason even started.

Malla

Reaction score
I think Stimson would be better suited at second row in place of Jacko with Jacko moving to lock.

Stimson can be a highly effective ball playing second rower for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I assume our starting backrow will be made up with a combination of CHN, Jackson and Stimson. Elliott will at the very least be first man named on the bench under Pay and I'd like to see both RFM and To'omaga on the bench though that unfortunately appears unlikely as I wouldn't be surprised to see Pay have Smith and Britt ahead of them.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson plays like hoffman used to in his prime, good feet and a great hole runner. So much more talent than smith

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stimson plays like hoffman used to in his prime, good feet and a great hole runner. So much more talent than smith
Smith gets head knocks to easily.. can't afford that in the game these days so really he should be shipped out. SL is calling.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson off the bench. No way he walks into the starting team replacing either Jacko or CHN in the 2nd row. Needs to earn his keep first.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson at lock and CHN and Stimson in the back row that's the way I hope they go any way Stimson is a great hole runner and can ball play gives us a really strong back row as some have said I doubt Stimson would leave Melbourne to come to us to play off the bench or play Canterbury cup

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson at lock and CHN and Stimson in the back row that's the way I hope they go any way Stimson is a great hole runner and can ball play gives us a really strong back row as some have said I doubt Stimson would leave Melbourne to come to us to play off the bench or play Canterbury cup
There is more of a chance that Stimson will break into our Second Row or Lock then at the Storm where he's behind Bromwich (NZ), Kaufusi (QLD, AUS?) and Finucane (NSW). It honestly could be as simple as that.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He wouldn't of signed had he not been guaranteed a position in the 17. Heck even a spot in the 13.

Dean Pay and Stimson will deny it, just as Dean Pay and DWZ denied not knowing what position DWZ was going to play until kick-off........

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Stimson is coming from a wining team/club, he will walk into our 17 and so he should.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wouldn't of signed had he not been guaranteed a position in the 17. Heck even a spot in the 13.

Dean Pay and Stimson will deny it, just as Dean Pay and DWZ denied not knowing what position DWZ was going to play until kick-off........

Doesn't matter why he is coming so long as he puts in when he arrives... Has looked alright in the games he played for Melb

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He should walk straight in,very good player from the games I’ve seen. in saying that he needs to keep the spot with hard work..!! Good luck to him an hope he fires for us, and Is a good addition for 2020.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Competition for spots among the forwards is real. Hopefully it brings the best out of them.

The backs... not so much...

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep. Runs the flat line too well to be anywhere else but starting 2nd rower.