Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about the other “few moments” where he was too lazy to get up and get to marker, letting Keary scoot resulting in game winning try?

What about the dropping of knees into a player on the ground resulting in an 8point try in a previous game?

He’s been playing for years, but still does snapper head fouls and is lazy. It’s a no from me.
And what about the flick pass to Bateman to get them in the grand final?

If we bring him in i'm happy. I'm sure Montoya/Holland won't be any better

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And what about the flick pass to Bateman to get them in the grand final?

If we bring him in i'm happy. I'm sure Montoya/Holland won't be any better
Leilua is better then both Montoya and Holland. At the end of the day I think the club would sign Leilua (and many other players) if the price is right. Otherwise they'll wait another year for the likes of Latrell, Manu, etc (obviously negotiating for 2021 starts this November but you get what I mean).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree he is not the fittest but he was out for a big chunk of the season with a neck injury. He only came back two games before the semis.
For all his faults BJ can also win you a game on his day..

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it was a done deal....

Then again I hear all sorts of trumours

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Them highlights would
Be pretty old. And half would be highlights of stupid shit that cost the game

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scroll up and read the post about his flick pass to get them in the grand final. Then Go on YouTube and watch his highlights.

wait what? I recall Wighton scoring a try off his boot, and the try by Papalli.. either way.. whatever he may have done all comes undone with two very poor efforts in the GF, and the Raiders know he is a liability

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Them highlights would
Be pretty old. And half would be highlights of stupid shit that cost the game[/QUOTE
he’s polarising no doubt but if you have watched him play he beats his opponent quite regularly. If we do sign him I’m sure it would be under some caveats with his fitness etc.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
wait what? I recall Wighton scoring a try off his boot, and the try by Papalli.. either way.. whatever he may have done all comes undone with two very poor efforts in the GF, and the Raiders know he is a liability
I’ve watched him for more then just the GF and he is an upgrade on what we have I’d be prepared to give him a go.. what are the options Montoya or Holland who aren’t top 8 centres or keep
Chasing Ramien who doesn’t want to come. ...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve watched him for more then just the GF and he is an upgrade on what we have I’d be prepared to give him a go.. what are the options Montoya or Holland who aren’t top 8 centres or keep
Chasing Ramien who doesn’t want to come. ...

rather see a guy like Harper get a crack than take another teams reject.... he can go and make lazy errors for another club because his upside is not good enough to risk it

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
rather see a guy like Harper get a crack than take another teams reject.... he can go and make lazy errors for another club because his upside is not good enough to risk it
I think most people would like to see Harper kick on and be a strike centre but the jury is still out. Fair enough you don’t like BJ plenty do and I stand by the fact he can come up with big plays it’s proven. Comes down to what it does with every player we been linked to... the right $

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think most people would like to see Harper kick on and be a strike centre but the jury is still out. Fair enough you don’t like BJ plenty do and I stand by the fact he can come up with big plays it’s proven. Comes down to what it does with every player we been linked to... the right $

I have nothing against the guy, I just don't want to see his bonehead antics in our jersey.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The concern I have in Bj is length of deal. 1-2 year max if he was on a medium deal:

Though I’d think he could get a long high paying deal in England.

Pass at that

Status
Not open for further replies.