Climate Change Protests

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Some peoples lives are not complete unless they have something to sook about, these ones look like they are looking for drama.
There used to be a game I played with my older brother called, you start it,I finish it.

It was actually a shit game which end with blood and bruises.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Some peoples lives are not complete unless they have something to sook about, these ones look like they are looking for drama.
in this case people are sooking about protesters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty obvious our Government cannot fix global warming so who are they actually protesting to?
As has been pointed out already, we are responsible for a large percentage of the world’s coal exports. We may not be able to fix it alone, but we can definitely make a difference. Anyone who says otherwise is just being stubborn and defeatist.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really you're wise to their shenanigans are you?

I call a big bullshit.

It's funny how before social media the likes of zemanek, Andrew bolt, alan Jones etc (dawgfathers favourites) were engaging in this exact behaviour and no one called them out nor noticed the "virtuous" behaviour.

Now all of a sudden when the general populace has strength in numbers, via social media, they're all instagram/facebook/Twitter attention whores and they're just doing it for likes.

You know why the right wing pieces of shit hate social media? Because they no longer control the agenda being discussed. They no longer have the power to cut a call short just after they abuse the fuck out of the listeners who call in.

And all this is new to the likes of Dawgfather but it's not ground breaking shit. This has been going on a long time and social media has now balanced the books. The voice of an elite few are now being criticized by the majority and you guys don't like it.

Man I don't even know who those people are, nor do I care about them, or the right wing...

If you can't see how manufactured all of this is, then I feel bad for you... Surely you know individuals who turn up to these events, or have dealt with some of them, if not, you must be living under a rock... Sure there might be a few old hippies who give a shit... but I can honesty say that the people I know who roll out to these events couldn't care less... they turn up, get their photo for Instagram... then they return home to their beloved cat memes, and await their next orders

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Man I don't even know who those people are, nor do I care about them, or the right wing...

If you can't see how manufactured all of this is, then I feel bad for you...
But, but, but you have to pick a side, like a snowflake dumb **** on here said you have to!

No point in trying to educate some fucking sheep, too far indoctrinated to the hive mentality. Unless you speak with hashtags.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But, but, but you have to pick a side, like a snowflake dumb **** on here said you have to!

No point in trying to educate some fucking sheep, too far indoctrinated to the hive mentality. Unless you speak with hashtags.
Yeah it's all a bit silly... It's so easy to spot an agenda yet people get too caught up in their emotions

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

If you can't see how manufactured all of this is, then I feel bad for you... Surely you know individuals who turn up to these events, or have dealt with some of them, if not, you must be living under a rock... Sure there might be a few old hippies who give a shit... but I can honesty say that the people I know who roll out to these events couldn't care less... they turn up, get their photo for Instagram... then they return home to their beloved cat memes, and await their next orders
You got involved in me calling out dawgfather, did you not? You got involved in me telling him this is nothing new and he's not making some ground breaking revelation, did you not?

So take that context of who it was originally directed at and re evaluate my post.

And again I call bullshit that you're aware of "their" shenanigans.

Protesting has been happening for a century BEFORE social media. Not everyone involved in those past protests were at front lines, some people rocked up to show support for a cause. Yes they're not heavily involved but they still show their support none the less. Again this is before social media, so those people you make reference to are nothing new. Again it's not a ground breaking new revelation brought to the table.

But yet commentators like bolt and Jones (sure you don't know who they are) use stupid fucking labels like virtue signaling to belittle their oppositions movements. They use that type of shit, that people only care about instagram/facebook posts to devalue the movement.

And yet here people are falling for that shit, hook line and sinker. Even those "woke" people who "dont" pick sides and are against all establishments(BS -these so called "I don't pick a side" give themselves away all the time)

If you ACTUALLY didn't give a shit about the protesters, in that you were genuinely down the middle and didn't support either side, you'd be indifferent to it, no comment, move along, doesn't concern you, people are free to do what they want etc

But nope, instead we get, these protesters are fake, they dont really care, "Yeah it's all a bit silly... It's so easy to spot an agenda yet people get too caught up in their emotions", they're just there for a day off, they're there for Facebook likes, K(KK)ak is wise to their shenanigans etc . Words to the effect of devaluing a protest, belittling it, demeaning, forcing it down, etc

To recap I'm calling out Dawgfather for his typical run of the mill BS.

If you actually didnt give a damn there'd be no comment, move along.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As has been pointed out already, we are responsible for a large percentage of the world’s coal exports. We may not be able to fix it alone, but we can definitely make a difference. Anyone who says otherwise is just being stubborn and defeatist.
Well its the other countries that have the demand, the mines are not going to say they won't sell it.
There are rumors Hunter coal will be wound down by 2030.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well its the other countries that have the demand, the mines are not going to say they won't sell it.
There are rumors Hunter coal will be wound down by 2030.
Demand means little without supply.... and as Hacky pointed out, we face smoke space and resources to generate and export alternate power sources here.... we gave to change the way we look st things sooner or later as the demand will eventually dry up anyway.

I don’t see that happening unless we vote on a more responsible government, but time will tell.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure non social science propaganda Chinese actual athieistic science has dismissed man made climate change aka global warming.
Also about the Chinese, it’s making sense why everything in entertainment and wherever money is involved it’s getting so left. The communist China Ching chongers have infiltrated the west.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Demand means little without supply.... and as Hacky pointed out, we face smoke space and resources to generate and export alternate power sources here.... we gave to change the way we look st things sooner or later as the demand will eventually dry up anyway.

I don’t see that happening unless we vote on a more responsible government, but time will tell.
While I agree with you, you have too much faith in voting and government my bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
While I agree with you, you have too much faith in voting and government my bro.
I don’t really have much faith in the opposition tbh.... just trying to be optimistic.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure non social science propaganda Chinese actual athieistic science has dismissed man made climate change aka global warming.
Also about the Chinese, it’s making sense why everything in entertainment and wherever money is involved it’s getting so left. The communist China Ching chongers have infiltrated the west.
Fkn lol @ your username.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for part of the reason why no one wants to call out China for anything (including the fact they are the biggest polluters on earth), go and read up on the latest NBA controversy where the GM of the Houston Rockets got in trouble for tweeting support for the HK protesters.

China is something like 10-15% of NBA revenue and as a result the NBA bosses quickly got him to back track and pretend he didn't really mean it or didn't understand the whole context of the protests.

I'm a supporter of capitalism but sometimes (like this situation) it leaves me pretty despondent.

People lose their convictions and integrity as soon as the threat of losing money hangs over their head.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for part of the reason why no one wants to call out China for anything (including the fact they are the biggest polluters on earth), go and read up on the latest NBA controversy where the GM of the Houston Rockets got in trouble for tweeting support for the HK protesters.

China is something like 10-15% of NBA revenue and as a result the NBA bosses quickly got him to back track and pretend he didn't really mean it or didn't understand the whole context of the protests.

I'm a supporter of capitalism but sometimes (like this situation) it leaves me pretty despondent.

People lose their convictions and integrity as soon as the threat of losing money hangs over their head.
I fear the Chinese the way Eric Cartman fears the Chinese.
Not because I’m scared, because I’m smart!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I fear the Chinese the way Eric Cartman fears the Chinese.
Not because I’m scared, because I’m smart!
hehe

just watched an interesting analysis of the NBA / China controversy.

Essentially - Nike owns the NBA. and a huge part of basketball in america is all about selling shoes (Nike is a $40bn business, NBA is $8bn).

Nike had an extremely favourable deal done for them under the TPP agreement reached years ago.

Lebron James, Colin Kaepernick and steve Kerr and co all employed by Nike.

Guess who came along and ripped up the TPP - Trump.

Guess who constantly rips on Trump? Lebron James, Colin Kaepernick, Steve Kerr and the NBA generally.

These social justice / instagram celebrity types appear all socially aware at first glance but when you see where the money is going you realise they are just being paid off by big corporates.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It's quite a funny situation. Many of my friends are big Libertarians who support Capitalism strongly (as do I to the most part). And they're very anti-China. But it makes it funny when a Communist government is using Capitalism to enforce their regime.