No Source Esan Marsters

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
And the excuses you keep peddling are starting to sound like climate change dinosaurs.

Pay confirmed 2 of either Api, Herman or Ramien. 6 weeks ago we had money to improve the team; now it's gone after we bought a reserve grader hooker?

Start accepting that the fears supporters have about our ability to attract decent players is limited at best and those fears are real and warranted.

War chest? How's that gonna pan out? Maybe there's meaningful negotiations well hidden behind clossed doors but cross your fingers looks like our best hope at this stage.
I’m not into the whole tough guy internet keyboard warrior fights but I tend to agree.

There’s some really trying hard here to act like the opposite but I think we are genuinely struggling to get anyone interested that has another option.

I also hear the other guy saying it’s October not November yet but the only way I see things changing is landing a couple big fishes to attract these guys.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Look I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but I've given everyone on here that's read my posts an alternative to what they're thinking regarding recruitment and I get laughed at. This is yet just another example. If you know, you know.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not into the whole tough guy internet keyboard warrior fights but I tend to agree.

There’s some really trying hard here to act like the opposite but I think we are genuinely struggling to get anyone interested that has another option.

I also hear the other guy saying it’s October not November yet but the only way I see things changing is landing a couple big fishes to attract these guys.
Please read my two posts and explain to me how we can land these big fish in our current circumstances and at this time.
No one is getting into tough guy internet keyboard warrior fights mate, settle down

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With what money? These players both left their existing clubs because they wanted more money. We are not in a position to get into bidding wars thanks to previous management and Des.
We are actively talking to managers but won’t pay overs and get ourselves in salary cap trouble again.
Some of you are starting to sound like dragon supporters
Dragons supporters? What are you on about? They were trying to sign Api, Ese Ese and Ramien, who would have cost more than $1.2 million combined, and have only signed Katoa who wouldn't have cost anything.

They should have enough money to sign players. Who's talking about paying overs for Masters? Do you think the Cowboys have millions to spend?

The only reason player managers speak to the club right now is to boost the price that they'll get from another club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Please read my two posts and explain to me how we can land these big fish in our current circumstances and at this time.
No one is getting into tough guy internet keyboard warrior fights mate, settle down
I am completely settled mate. You have responded to that as if it’s a comment directed at you so perhaps you need to settle?

I’m not entering into shit of pretending people know what we have in the cap now.

We have no clue.

Though we have heard as others said we where getting 2/3 of Herman, api and raimen. It appears we failed to convert any of these.

Api is not. Raimen sounds unlikely, Herman who knows. Worst case that’s 1.1ish. So we clearly have some money.

How it’s spent is up to the powers to be: though I agree with the others saying it’s becoming clear we aren’t a popular choice. It’s widely known that Dwz wasn’t coming here as his first choice. Tigers couldn’t free the cap. Thank fuck for that.

Dwz has also made it clear he loves it here so that’s great to here.

Though we have missed out on a few solid yet non star players. To clubs that aren’t exactly top 4 either!

When I said I think we must land a few big fishes to break that I’m not saying they can do it now. I’m saying come November if we actually land a big fish or two it will hopefully make these more solid first grade players consider us and view us more favourable then we are experiencing now.

I even stated as you said it’s October not November so we are restricted right now. We can’t go signing two superstars now. Next month we can. If we land one then a few of these guys (the Herman; raimen, api, marsters etc) could and should hopefully view us more appealing.

I’ll judge our board and control based on the coming months.

Sign a few stars and solid players and we see what they had planned.

Struggle to land anyone amazing with such a huge space and pay overs to duds or average players and it shows we are truly fucked from top to bottom.

I’m still hopefully for the coming months but I see a issue currently that needs to be changed!

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am completely settled mate. You have responded to that as if it’s a comment directed at you so perhaps you need to settle?

I’m not entering into shit of pretending people know what we have in the cap now.

We have no clue.

Though we have heard as others said we where getting 2/3 of Herman, api and raimen. It appears we failed to convert any of these.

Api is not. Raimen sounds unlikely, Herman who knows. Worst case that’s 1.1ish. So we clearly have some money.

How it’s spent is up to the powers to be: though I agree with the others saying it’s becoming clear we aren’t a popular choice. It’s widely known that Dwz wasn’t coming here as his first choice. Tigers couldn’t free the cap. Thank fuck for that.

Dwz has also made it clear he loves it here so that’s great to here.

Though we have missed out on a few solid yet non star players. To clubs that aren’t exactly top 4 either!

When I said I think we must land a few big fishes to break that I’m not saying they can do it now. I’m saying come November if we actually land a big fish or two it will hopefully make these more solid first grade players consider us and view us more favourable then we are experiencing now.

I even stated as you said it’s October not November so we are restricted right now. We can’t go signing two superstars now. Next month we can. If we land one then a few of these guys (the Herman; raimen, api, marsters etc) could and should hopefully view us more appealing.

I’ll judge our board and control based on the coming months.

Sign a few stars and solid players and we see what they had planned.

Struggle to land anyone amazing with such a huge space and pay overs to duds or average players and it shows we are truly fucked from top to bottom.

I’m still hopefully for the coming months but I see a issue currently that needs to be changed!
Summed it up perfectly.

It's a major concern at this stage but if no signings after November that are going to make us Top 4 competitive, then it's a big concern and certainly offers no hope to Pay's coaching fortunes at all.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m away and a bit busy to respond to the three of you sorry but some of us do know our situation and who we are genuinely trying to recruit. It’s kind of frustrating repeating things like broken records so just continue speculating or listening to journos throwing darts at a dartboard whilst blindfolded ok

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m away and a bit busy to respond to the three of you sorry but some of us do know our situation and who we are genuinely trying to recruit. It’s kind of frustrating repeating things like broken records so just continue speculating or listening to journos throwing darts at a dartboard whilst blindfolded ok
That’s great mate. Though that’s also not what we are talking about. Pay himself said 2 of those 3. It’s 0 right now.

That’s no blindfolds involved.

Anyway the previous post I made covered it realistically and it’s not bagging anyone or believing we have Millions sitting to make it change today. Though those 3 clearly
Cost over 1mil so we have money and aren’t landing right now.

As I said come November with all the money available for 2021 then things have to change.

One way or the other.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anybody truly upset that we didn't sign Ese Ese or Ramien? lol DWZ was a better signing than those two combine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is anybody truly upset that we didn't sign Ese Ese or Ramien? lol DWZ was a better signing than those two combine
I'm upset that we missed out on Ramien. I think he would of thrived in our side. You can't question his ability (I personally think before the start of the year he was favourite for the second Centre position in Origin after Latrell) but only his attitude and like I've said before we have one of the best leadership groups in the NRL (completely opposite to the Knights). I think for a 2020 signing there wasn't much better we could of done regarding a Centre (I still would take him if the Sharks offer doesn't go through as I understand why he'd sign with them over us, but like I've also said before once he's here I'm positive he'll enjoy his time here). Not signing Ramien (or Leilua) opens the door up for Latrell or Manu now tho. Ese'ese not so fussed, I wouldn't of minded him on a smaller contract (but obviously due to our situation he's going to milk us for every bit of $ which looks to of turned us off him).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A dill and never comprehend what is said. Keep away and busy and do us all a favour :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm upset that we missed out on Ramien. I think he would of thrived in our side. You can't question his ability (I personally think before the start of the year he was favourite for the second Centre position in Origin after Latrell) but only his attitude and like I've said before we have one of the best leadership groups in the NRL (completely opposite to the Knights). I think for a 2020 signing there wasn't much better we could of done regarding a Centre (I still would take him if the Sharks offer doesn't go through as I understand why he'd sign with them over us, but like I've also said before once he's here I'm positive he'll enjoy his time here). Not signing Ramien (or Leilua) opens the door up for Latrell or Manu now tho. Ese'ese not so fussed, I wouldn't of minded him on a smaller contract (but obviously due to our situation he's going to milk us for every bit of $ which looks to of turned us off him).

Too each their own, I don't think he's that great, and I wouldn't want him at our club after the shenanigans he pulled in Newcastle

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not upset at all. I'm more relieved that they didn't sign with the figures that were being bandied about. But the point people are making is that they had money to spend on those players, so there is still some money available.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A dill and never comprehend what is said. Keep away and busy and do us all a favour :grinning:
Yes you are but you’re also usually a nice old woman so I’m patient with you

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s great mate. Though that’s also not what we are talking about. Pay himself said 2 of those 3. It’s 0 right now.

That’s no blindfolds involved.

Anyway the previous post I made covered it realistically and it’s not bagging anyone or believing we have Millions sitting to make it change today. Though those 3 clearly
Cost over 1mil so we have money and aren’t landing right now.

As I said come November with all the money available for 2021 then things have to change.

One way or the other.
Time will tell and I’m looking forward to it. People who think we are going to run the club and recruitment through the media are in for a rude shock. Have faith

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Time will tell and I’m looking forward to it. People who think we are going to run the club and recruitment through the media are in for a rude shock. Have faith
That’s all well and good to say. Though fact remains what pay confirmed himself to the media.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s all well and good to say. Though fact remains what pay confirmed himself to the media.
This is the exact story you are referring to. Not as set in concrete as you remember is it mate?

"We're always interested in quality players. Obviously we're still a bit restricted by our [salary] cap but there's a few different players out there that we've enquired about," he said.

"If that comes off, it comes off. If not we just move on. [Ramien] is one quality player out there that's obviously on the market so we'd be silly not to enquire about him.

"[Koroisau's] another one. There's quite a few of them out there. Any quality players that come on the market, we're interested."

What I am trying to tell you is that until players are locked in and members emails go out don’t believe everything you hear. We will talk to a lot of player. If they want more than we are willing to spend with our limited cap space we move on. Remember when we said we couldn’t sign anyone until 2021 and then signed DWZ two weeks later. Smoke and mirrors mate. The media are furious at us for doing it

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is the exact story you are referring to. Not as set in concrete as you remember is it mate?

"We're always interested in quality players. Obviously we're still a bit restricted by our [salary] cap but there's a few different players out there that we've enquired about," he said.

"If that comes off, it comes off. If not we just move on. [Ramien] is one quality player out there that's obviously on the market so we'd be silly not to enquire about him.

"[Koroisau's] another one. There's quite a few of them out there. Any quality players that come on the market, we're interested."

What I am trying to tell you is that until players are locked in and members emails go out don’t believe everything you hear. We will talk to a lot of player. If they want more than we are willing to spend with our limited cap space we move on. Remember when we said we couldn’t sign anyone until 2021 and then signed DWZ two weeks later. Smoke and mirrors mate. The media are furious at us for doing it
Mate there’s articles written to suit any agenda. I have none.

I clearly see you do.

I am hopeful your faith in the board or whoever it is your trying to defend so hard is warranted.

It could well be and I’m not saying it’s not so stop trying to defend it to me.

I am simply stating it how it is. I’ve also agreed right now we have to wait for November on ti see what comes before judging to harshly.

Though I’m also not delusional or fooled easily. We have gone from chasing a few players that would of cost at least 1.1-1.2. That’s without inflating figures or having a spin. Even if we could only accommodate two of them. It’s been stated by pay himself we went for them in numerous articles and we clearly missed api and sounds like Raimen too and no idea with what happened with Herman.

Though I am also glad we didn’t pay any of them stupid $. I also don’t think sharks or panthers have. More they where just more desirable clubs to them (both played their before and obviously have connections there).

However it is still a concern we can’t land some solid players without being only option without someone not wanting to move interstate like Dwz. Again let’s say he didn’t come and tigers could accommodate we would be all saying this without any positive spin, or if he was open to going to NQ!

That said we have also done something right because he’s quoted of loving it here which is great to hear but the point remains he’s fell into our lap due to no options at that time that suited his family.

We clearly have money and marsters pops up. We were linked to him along time ago now so clearly the media knew something. Disappointing here again.

I’m not saying anything bad about the board again so settle. Just stating things do need to change and dramatically. Come November if they land some big fish and all of a sudden we will be a lot more attractive to these players that are needed to compete.

If we fluff it up and recruit flops or pay overs for average players then it’s a sign we are fd from top to bottom!

Example if articles to suit agenda is below. Someone clearly enjoying bagging the club and board.

A couple of weeks ago, the Bulldogs looked poised to come up with three big signings - Manly hooker Api Koroisau, ex-Knights centre Jesse Ramien and Knights prop Herman Ese'ese.

But after stalling and stuttering in the negotiation process, the club missed out on both Koroisau and Ramien - and is no guarantee of landing Ese'ese.

The trio would have made the Bulldogs a real force next season - without them they don't look like a top eight side yet again.

There were plenty of raised voices and finger pointing, with coach Dean Pay fuming at missing out on his marks.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate there’s articles written to suit any agenda. I have none.

I clearly see you do.

I am hopeful your faith in the board or whoever it is your trying to defend so hard is warranted.

It could well be and I’m not saying it’s not so stop trying to defend it to me.

I am simply stating it how it is. I’ve also agreed right now we have to wait for November on ti see what comes before judging to harshly.

Though I’m also not delusional or fooled easily. We have gone from chasing a few players that would of cost at least 1.1-1.2. That’s without inflating figures or having a spin. Even if we could only accommodate two of them. It’s been stated by pay himself we went for them in numerous articles and we clearly missed api and sounds like Raimen too and no idea with what happened with Herman.

Though I am also glad we didn’t pay any of them stupid $. I also don’t think sharks or panthers have. More they where just more desirable clubs to them (both played their before and obviously have connections there).

However it is still a concern we can’t land some solid players without being only option without someone not wanting to move interstate like Dwz. Again let’s say he didn’t come and tigers could accommodate we would be all saying this without any positive spin, or if he was open to going to NQ!

That said we have also done something right because he’s quoted of loving it here which is great to hear but the point remains he’s fell into our lap due to no options at that time that suited his family.

We clearly have money and marsters pops up. We were linked to him along time ago now so clearly the media knew something. Disappointing here again.

I’m not saying anything bad about the board again so settle. Just stating things do need to change and dramatically. Come November if they land some big fish and all of a sudden we will be a lot more attractive to these players that are needed to compete.

If we fluff it up and recruit flops or pay overs for average players then it’s a sign we are fd from top to bottom!

Example if articles to suit agenda is below. Someone clearly enjoying bagging the club and board.

A couple of weeks ago, the Bulldogs looked poised to come up with three big signings - Manly hooker Api Koroisau, ex-Knights centre Jesse Ramien and Knights prop Herman Ese'ese.

But after stalling and stuttering in the negotiation process, the club missed out on both Koroisau and Ramien - and is no guarantee of landing Ese'ese.

The trio would have made the Bulldogs a real force next season - without them they don't look like a top eight side yet again.

There were plenty of raised voices and finger pointing, with coach Dean Pay fuming at missing out on his marks.
For starters, my article had actual direct quotes. I don’t have any agenda and am not defending anyone. I am merely stating facts and am privy to information some of you don’t have. I’m just trying to help but realise I am flogging a dead horse with some. Everyone can believe what they want or be as negative or positive as they want. As I said. Time will tell. It’s no point going around in circles

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
For starters, my article had actual direct quotes. I don’t have any agenda and am not defending anyone. I am merely stating facts and am privy to information some of you don’t have. I’m just trying to help but realise I am flogging a dead horse with some. Everyone can believe what they want or be as negative or positive as they want. As I said. Time will tell. It’s no point going around in circles

As I said. Time will tell. It’s no point going around in circles

Exactly what I’ve been saying so not sure why the rest is going back and forth.

Next couple of months will make or break.

If you aren’t defending someone or have an agenda you need to relax because as someone neutral who sees the fools who constantly death ride your come across the polar opposite.