Not open for further replies.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not to keen on him . I think he is past his best

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell set up his winger to make a break to help win the game,bj didnt pass to his winger with the line open both plays went alongway to determine the result.
You’re correct but these are a split second decision in a high pressure moment
Best not to judge a player just on a few moments

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You judge a player over his career (as long as he isn't past it) or how they go during the season. Latrell was the best Centre in 2019 (and he clearly wasn't inform after the transfer rumours). Not sure why people don't see or acknowledge that. I'm not sure why we're trying to say Leilua is better then Latrell, it isn't even close and the only reason you don't sign Latrell is because of the price.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You judge a player over his career (as long as he isn't past it) or how they go during the season. Latrell was the best Centre in 2019 (and he clearly wasn't inform after the transfer rumours). Not sure why people don't see or acknowledge that. I'm not sure why we're trying to say Leilua is better then Latrell, it isn't even close and the only reason you don't sign Latrell is because of the price.
Yeah that’s a fair call,
I agree Latrell is a better player and his price will certainly be up there
The finals and certain plays in particular are not a correct yard stick in my opinion
We still might end with bj

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the other “few moments” where he was too lazy to get up and get to marker, letting Keary scoot resulting in game winning try?

What about the dropping of knees into a player on the ground resulting in an 8point try in a previous game?

He’s been playing for years, but still does snapper head fouls and is lazy. It’s a no from me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven't seen enough of him play to made a valued judgment, but I'll leave it to a majority on here who say at the right price he'd be a valued addition. But it's got to be at the right price.

The reality as a club we're struggling to attract top talent, so no matter what we're going to be paying more than perhaps all of us would like to pay. That's the reality of our situation. The question is whether we're the right club for a player who's struggled with fitness, discipline on the pitch, and behaviour off it. Are w the club to bring the best out of him because i don't think anyone can argue in that he does have talent there.

What is our track record like with such players? That's the key point here imo. Do we have experience in bringing out the best of players that have 'struggled' for whatever reason at other clubs? Are we a club that improves signings at all? Hard to say but I think this is the main thing to think about ...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haven't seen enough of him play to made a valued judgment, but I'll leave it to a majority on here who say at the right price he'd be a valued addition. But it's got to be at the right price.

The reality as a club we're struggling to attract top talent, so no matter what we're going to be paying more than perhaps all of us would like to pay. That's the reality of our situation. The question is whether we're the right club for a player who's struggled with fitness, discipline on the pitch, and behaviour off it. Are w the club to bring the best out of him because i don't think anyone can argue in that he does have talent there.

What is our track record like with such players? That's the key point here imo. Do we have experience in bringing out the best of players that have 'struggled' for whatever reason at other clubs? Are we a club that improves signings at all? Hard to say but I think this is the main thing to think about ...
Well you'd have to say he'd struggle getting regularly picked by Dean Pay if Martin is an example.

A total mismatch of the kind of player we need or want IMO.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well you'd have to say he'd struggle getting regularly picked by Dean Pay if Martin is an example.

A total mismatch of the kind of player we need or want IMO.
Judging by comments on here about his laziness, and lack of commitment on the park and off it I would have to question also whether he'd be the right person for Pay.

I remember that young lad from the Tigers I think who we signed and then left for Manly without weeks? Real problem with commitment, but had obvious talent. Pay with oldschool approach simply drwe the line and told him to go if he didn't like it. He left though don't know what became of him at Manly. But, is Pay's approach to coaching something that would work with BJ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Judging by comments on here about his laziness, and lack of commitment on the park and off it I would have to question also whether he'd be the right person for Pay.

I remember that young lad from the Tigers I think who we signed and then left for Manly without weeks? Real problem with commitment, but had obvious talent. Pay with oldschool approach simply drwe the line and told him to go if he didn't like it. He left though don't know what became of him at Manly. But, is Pay's approach to coaching something that would work with BJ?
Suli done well at Manly, would've been handy to have him playing like that for us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Suli done well at Manly, would've been handy to have him playing like that for us.
Well, the coaching approach over at Manly obviously worked whereas ours didn't. A concern if we're going to sign another player like Suli with apparent bad training, attitide problems etc. when Pay failed with Suli

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Suli problem was that he only realise Manly was going to his last chance to play football.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was at the GF and got a close up look at joey when his jersey got ripped off,he is as fat as fuck and is obviously a lazy trainer to be in such poor shape at the end of the season in a GF. No Thanks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was at the GF and got a close up look at joey when his jersey got ripped off,he is as fat as fuck and is obviously a lazy trainer to be in such poor shape at the end of the season in a GF. No Thanks.
If Pay has gone for him, he looses credibility with his hard work and training ethos...can't see it happening.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raiders fans dont want him to leave, obviously they see something in him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Suli problem was that he only realise Manly was going to his last chance to play football.
And his tongan mates are there in fainu and a few others... he always wanted to go there imo

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree he is not the fittest but he was out for a big chunk of the season with a neck injury. He only came back two games before the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.