CHN & Foran in NZ Test team but no DWZ.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harawira-Naera & Foran named in Kiwi Test Squad

Bulldogs second-rower Corey Harawira-Naera is in line to make his International Test debut for the New Zealand Kiwis’, whilst five-eighth Kieran Foran returns to the Test arena for their upcoming fixtures against the Kangaroos and the Great Britain Lions.

Harawira-Naera receives a second opportunity to debut on the International stage after being ruled out of last year's squad due to injury. The Hokianga raised product joins three other fresh faces in Braden Hamlin-Uele, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Zane Tetevano who join the New Zealand squad for the first time.

2019 caps a memorable year for Harawira-Naera, who featured for the New Zealand Māori Kiwis against the Australian Indigenous All-Stars in January and will don the black jersey for Aotearoa in a week's time at the Rugby League World Cup 9s.

Foran's form coincided with the Bulldog's resurgence in the back end of the 2019 NRL Premiership Season, which saw Canterbury-Bankstown win seven of their last ten matches to end the year.

The Kiwis begin their Test campaign with their Oceania Cup clash against the Kangaroos in Wollongong on Friday, October 25 before flying to New Zealand for two Tests against the reformed GB Rugby League Lions (Great Britain).

The first of these will be the second match of an international triple-header at Auckland’s Eden Park on Saturday, November 2, which also features the Kangaroos facing Tonga Invitational and Toa Samoa taking on Fiji Bati in Oceania Cup matches.

The Kiwis then move to Christchurch for the second Test at Orangetheory Stadium on Saturday, November 9.

Kiwis Test Squad

Leeson Ah Mau (NZ Warriors)
Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm)
Kenneath Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Kieran Foran (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Braden Hamlin-Uele (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Corey Harawira-Naera (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Jahrome Hughes (Melbourne Storm)
Jamayne Isaako (Brisbane Broncos)
Shaun Johnson (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters)
Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters)
Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers)
Ken Maumalo (NZ Warriors)
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Canberra Raiders)
Briton Nikora (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Kevin Proctor (Gold Coast Titans)
Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders)
Brandon Smith (Melbourne Storm)
Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders)
Zane Tetevano (Sydney Roosters)
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (NZ Warriors)
Jared Waerea Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters)

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/10/11/harawira-naera--foran-named-in-kiwi-test-squad/

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The fuck are they letting Foz play ffs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The fuck are they letting Foz play ffs
Benji, Johnson and Hughes also selected, I don't think he's going to feature that much if at all. Might get a game or so, but I think he's mainly picked for experience and if someone else gets injured (similar to his selection earlier on in the year). Last outing NZ went 6. Benji, 7. Johnson and 14. Hughes.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats my kiwi boys..!! Not a bad team at all.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players playing in 9s from the dogs

Tui Katoa (Tonga) all so his brother from sharks is playing
Sione Katoa (Tonga)
Jeremy Marshall King (NZ)
Corey Harwira-Neara (NZ)
Kayne Kalache (Lebanon)
James Roumanos (Lebanon)
Elie El-Zakhem (Lebanon)
Reimis Smith (NZ)
Lalotoa Mata'afa (Samoa)

Good to see some of the less names getting a game even if it is only 9s hope they all stay injury free

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Benji, Johnson and Hughes also selected, I don't think he's going to feature that much if at all. Might get a game or so, but I think he's mainly picked for experience and if someone else gets injured (similar to his selection earlier on in the year). Last outing NZ went 6. Benji, 7. Johnson and 14. Hughes.
He shouldn't be there at all, club should've put it's foot down. We're paying him millions and he has played fuck all footy for us, then when he does play he's hobbling most the game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He shouldn't be there at all, club should've put it's foot down. We're paying him millions and he has played fuck all footy for us, then when he does play he's hobbling most the game.
I know what you're saying but I don't think it's right to stop a player representing his country. I'd personally want as many of our players possible playing in representative sides (or at least just being a part of it).

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If players get injured in rep games than you get cap dispensation and it also allows for a promotion to the top squad

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know what you're saying but I don't think it's right to stop a player representing his country.
We're paying him millions, we can do what we want.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If players get injured in rep games than you get cap dispensation and it also allows for a promotion to the top squad
Like we would sign or promote anyone of value lol. The bloke can't even last an NRL season yet we're letting him play a rep season, fucking stupid.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're paying him millions, we can do what we want.
Well first of all the player has the final say regards to that. So technically there is nothing we could do even if we wanted to (which we wouldn't because it isn't right). It's literally the same with people arguing for Foran to medically retire. There is nothing the club can do if the player wants to play. I don't know if it is even allowed but I'm pretty sure Foran didn't sign a contract that the club determines if he represents his country or retires...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well first of all the player has the final say regards to that. So technically there is nothing we could do even if we wanted to (which we wouldn't because it isn't right).
Other clubs have forced players to pull out, we're just weak. Who cares if Foz gets upset, he can piss off for all I care.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Like we would sign or promote anyone of value lol. The bloke can't even last an NRL season yet we're letting him play a rep season, fucking stupid.
Club might be banking on him getting injured to open up our options ;)

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran should rest and get ready for 2020

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully foran breaks a leg!!! and we can retire him!!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming SJ and Benji will be halves and Foran there as cover.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dallin has to be injured and captain will be Marshall or RTS cause no dallin