Official Peter Mortimer & Joe Thomas Join Bulldogs Board

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter is astute in his business and a great guy.
I visited their winery about 2 years ago and he spent about an hour chatting to my dad and I about the dogs, his business, how Daniel was going, etc.
Great guy, hopefully his acumen is sufficient for this type of role.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who give a shit, good work.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what is his metrics of success? That’s what I’m asking, don’t need to get offended. I just want to know what it is that deems him a successful businessman because I don’t know if he is.

And btw, any business in Australia is considered a small business until turnover exceeds 50m
Yes we know this, we said successful business
No one said large if you care to read comments........
He has his own brand of wines plus a a large vineyard and a cellar door which he built all from ground up
Multi million a year buisness from scratch that now booms
I would say that’s successful, wouldn’t you?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes we know this, we said successful business
No one said large if you care to read comments........
He has his own brand of wines plus a a large vineyard and a cellar door which he built all from ground up
Multi million a year buisness from scratch that now booms
I would say that’s successful, wouldn’t you?
Having a bloke running a small business on the board isn’t exactly exciting... there are better candidates that can bring more of what we need (TPAs)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having a bloke running a small business on the board isn’t exactly exciting... there are better candidates that can bring more of what we need (TPAs)
Avoided questions, would you say his successful now I’ve told you what he does and what his done?
Well bulldogs football club is small then because they don’t turn over 50m without the leagues club
So what’s your earlier point having a stab at the bloke
If your only got dribble to post please leave it on a piece of paper in your top draw

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well bulldogs football club is small then because they don’t turn over 50m without the leagues club
So what’s your earlier point having a stab at the bloke
If your only got dribble to post please leave it on a piece of paper in your top draw
having a stab at who? Are you lost mate? Someone said he was successful and I said prove it... fuck you are sensitive. You must be one of those flops that are protesting in the CBD

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
having a stab at who? Are you lost mate? Someone said he was successful and I said prove it... fuck you are sensitive. You must be one of those flops that are protesting in the CBD
I did prove it muppet, I told you what he done
Built a multi million dollar a year buisness from nothing
And still no reply ....
Having a sook coz we don’t have bill gates on the board
Brain dead also

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did prove it muppet, I told you what he done
Built a multi million dollar a year buisness from nothing
And still no reply ....
Having a sook coz we don’t have bill gates on the board
Brain dead also
Yeah my reply = is that it???? Can you read you turd? He must be your boyfriend you are really defending him against absolutely nothing. How about you log off and go and suck him off?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah my reply = is that it???? Can you read you turd? He must be your boyfriend you are really defending him against absolutely nothing. How about you log off and go and suck him off?
You know you have won an argument when the reply turns to boyfriends and sucking off
Thank you

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know you have won an argument when the reply turns to boyfriends and sucking off
Thank you
So are you sucking him off or not? That’s the real question now lmao

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can tell you right now that I wasn't sucking him off at the time. He was fucking me instead .... happy now?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbh, and I really hate to say it, but I've got to agree with Coach here.

Everyone seems to be looking for that honeypot with endless amounts of money, but is that realistic?

As Coach said "Built a multi million dollar a year buisness from nothing" is absolutely massive for me and shows real business savvy and intelligence. For the life of me can't believe people are digging that out.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh, and I really hate to say it, but I've got to agree with Coach here.

Everyone seems to be looking for that honeypot with endless amounts of money, but is that realistic?

As Coach said "Built a multi million dollar a year buisness from nothing" is absolutely massive for me and shows real business savvy and intelligence. For the life of me can't believe people are digging that out.
You can agree without having to say it mate... what it is is you guys are happy with someone that has run a business for a bit of time... I’d rather other skills on the board. There’s so many people looking for board positions these days, with skills knowledge and connections that don’t yet exist on our board.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can agree without having to say it mate... what it is is you guys are happy with someone that has run a business for a bit of time... I’d rather other skills on the board. There’s so many people looking for board positions these days, with skills knowledge and connections that don’t yet exist on our board.
That's the thing Peter Mortimer, Joe Thomas and Paul Dunn have pretty much the same skill set and history. They are all former players and have gone into business and done well.

So what they can bring to the board will be all pretty similar generally speaking. Don't get me wrong here I'm not shitting on them and think they will do a good job but it was a chance to bring in someone with something different.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's the thing Peter Mortimer, Joe Thomas and Paul Dunn have pretty much the same skill set and history. They are all former players and have gone into business and done well.

So what they can bring to the board will be all pretty similar generally speaking. Don't get me wrong here I'm not shitting on them and think they will do a good job but it was a chance to bring in someone with something different.
You said exactly what I’m saying but in a more gentle way so people like coach won’t get their knickers in a knot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You said exactly what I’m saying but in a more gentle way so people like coach won’t get their knickers in a knot
Another thing is this "Bulldogs DNA" gets shouted from the rooftops every time there is a appointment.

There is so many people already in the club that have a history here and know how things work. So do you really need to be limiting yourself to people with a established connection with the club?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Peter Mortimer is from the wine industry, Joe Thomas from the clothing industry. How is that the same skill set?

Different skills requires in different industries, Different connections. They work in different worlds.

The only thing they have in common is they both played for the Dogs.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like Who?

What skills are we missing? and who would be willing to come to us to provide them?