No Source Esan Marsters

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Long term deal with North Queensland. What an odd place for him to go.

I'd love to know if we were at least interested.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this esan marsters?

Don't want he's a turnstile in defence

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HHHYYYYPPPEEEE!!??
Maguire recently met Dragons rising star Zac Lomax and Marsters's departure could open the door for the Tigers to pounce if St George Illawarra release him.

If they get Lomax to replace Marsters....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This could be another one that got away for the Tigs... kid has all the potential and still young as.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't blame the Tigers for not upgrading him but geez.. they need to hold onto any talent they have the way things have played out for them in the past
I think they are trying not to get bullied like they did in the past, but yes you're right. Very delicate balance. Same as us at the moment.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ffs if we missed marketers and then Lomax to run out with fuckijg holland and Montoya again it will end me

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs if we missed marketers and then Lomax to run out with fuckijg holland and Montoya again it will end me
I havent seen alot of Lomax as i didnt watch alot of dragons game this season from what people have said on here though he sounds the goods is he worth going for ? maybe we can do what Penrith did to us and snag him before the tigers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the Tigers get Talau off us, may be in the market for Lomax who we should be after, and the Cowboys sign Masters and Robson to long term deals?

Meanwhile we get Katoa and no one at centre. Oh that's right, we got rejected by Michael Jennings...

What exactly is our club doing by not making big plays for Matterson and Masters when they become available? People can sugar coat it all they like but our recruitment has been questionable at best outside of DWZ, CHN and maybe Stimson... I'm sick of getting out recruited by the 15 other teams...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So the Tigers get Talau off us, may be in the market for Lomax who we should be after, and the Cowboys sign Masters and Robson to long term deals?

Meanwhile we get Katoa and no one at centre. Oh that's right, we got rejected by Michael Jennings...

What exactly is our club doing by not making big plays for Matterson and Masters when they become available? People can sugar coat it all they like but our recruitment has been questionable at best outside of DWZ, CHN and maybe Stimson... I'm sick of getting out recruited by the 15 other teams...
With what money? These players both left their existing clubs because they wanted more money. We are not in a position to get into bidding wars thanks to previous management and Des.
We are actively talking to managers but won’t pay overs and get ourselves in salary cap trouble again.
Some of you are starting to sound like dragon supporters

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
With what money? These players both left their existing clubs because they wanted more money. We are not in a position to get into bidding wars thanks to previous management and Des.
We are actively talking to managers but won’t pay overs and get ourselves in salary cap trouble again.
Some of you are starting to sound like dragon supporters
And the excuses you keep peddling are starting to sound like climate change dinosaurs.

Pay confirmed 2 of either Api, Herman or Ramien. 6 weeks ago we had money to improve the team; now it's gone after we bought a reserve grader hooker?

Start accepting that the fears supporters have about our ability to attract decent players is limited at best and those fears are real and warranted.

War chest? How's that gonna pan out? Maybe there's meaningful negotiations well hidden behind clossed doors but cross your fingers looks like our best hope at this stage.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And the excuses you keep peddling are starting to sound like climate change dinosaurs.

Pay confirmed 2 of either Api, Herman or Ramien. 6 weeks ago we had money to improve the team; now it's gone after we bought a reserve grader hooker?

Start accepting that the fears supporters have about our ability to attract decent players is limited at best and those fears are real and warranted.

War chest? How's that gonna pan out? Maybe there's meaningful negotiations well hidden behind clossed doors but cross your fingers looks like our best hope at this stage.
Just a reminder Wendy, it’s October 2019. Hold your horses on the “war chest”.
We have a little bit of money, not a lot, a little bit spare. We are after the right buy but can’t throw money around Willy nilly or get into bidding wars. What’s so difficult about that to understand?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe that don't see in him what you do.