News GF ref's startling claim to Raiders captain

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grand final referee Ben Cummins claimed that he did not call six-again when confronted in the scandalous moment, Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson says.

Cummins clearly signalled and called six-again with nine minutes remaining in Sunday's decider, only to reverse his decision and repeatedly yell last tackle.

Raiders star Jack Wighton did not hear the overrule and went to ground with the ball, thinking that Canberra had a fresh set to attack the Roosters. He was instead forced to turn over the ball and the Roosters score the match-winning try on the next set.

"I asked him about that. He said that he said five-and-last. He kept five-and-last in the air. That's what he told me," Hodgson told the The Sydney Morning Herald.

"I said to him did you not call six-again?'

"And he said no, I called five-and-last.

"I thought he (called six-again) at the time. That's why I asked him if he called six-again and he said no, I called five-and-last."

The Raiders also dropped their bundle in defence, with the Roosters going nearly the length of the field to score through James Tedesco. Canberra icon Mal Meninga said that although the botched six-again call was significant, the Raiders should have rallied to defend the set.

"Little things have a big difference sometimes. But that isn't the only reason we got beaten," Hodgson told the Herald.

"It could have been a lot better but it's not going to change anything now."

This NRL circus is getting worse by the minute!!!! No one wants to admit they were wrong even though there are millions of witnesses!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cheat wont even admit he fucked up!

A murder was committed on the 6/10/2019 between 21:20 and 21:30, location ANZ Stadium, name of the victim - Rugby League, the murder was witnessed by millions of people around the world! Time for the perpetrators to come out and take accountability for their actions!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not even a Canberra fan but after that grand final I just can’t be bothered with the game anymore, the whole thing is just a big slap to the face.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wow just wow lmao..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more embarrassing, there is this new information.

The state of officiating is a disgrace!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did see the 6 again signal. Even tho it didn’t look like it came off the rorters.. then it changed to 5th an last, so the call should have stayed with raiders getting another shot.. BUT wasn’t meant to be even though it should of been..!!

It’s a disgrace. And if it happened against us in a GF It would be a riot.

NRL is fucked, it’s a mess.. we all know this. And we as bulldogs fans get some of the worst calls week in week out.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a fucking liar he is.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fucking liar he is.
If he came out and told the truth.... we can at least say he owned up, but because he denied it, we know for sure there's something going on....

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cummings & Sutton are not the best referees in the NRL. why do they do they always get grand finals & origin matches?
Most corrupt maybe certainly not most competent.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not even a Canberra fan but after that grand final I just can’t be bothered with the game anymore, the whole thing is just a big slap to the face.
It really Leaves you feeling helpless and deflated cause we know round 1 all we will hear about is the roosters and forgetting the ref calls and then the refs calls will continue to fuck up. To many rules to much technology

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of his intention to call 5 n last but signal 6 again at such a crucial point of such a crucial match, it should be a red flag at his suitability as a match official.. and not just let this opportunity slip .. They have the backing of thousands in their corner .

Ricky Stuart needs to strike Now and this needs to go to court to get this guy thoroughly examined.. Using past actions as well

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he came out and told the truth.... we can at least say he owned up, but because he denied it, we know for sure there's something going on....
Cummins claims that he asked the second ref and linesman, over the intercom, "is it six again?" and they both said "no". He says he was wrong to wave his arm as he asked; but immediately corrected it, and called four times "last tackle" - and clearly held his arm straight up to indicate last tackle. The audio backs him up.

This wouldn't even be a talking point had it been the Dogs that were the team with the wrong call. The papers will still be talking about poor sportsmanship from the Doga and supporters. And we'd be followed around by journos looking for a controversy.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cummins claims that he asked the second ref and linesman, over the intercom, "is it six again?" and they both said "no". He says he was wrong to wave his arm as he asked; but immediately corrected it, and called four times "last tackle" - and clearly held his arm straight up to indicate last tackle. The audio backs him up.

This wouldn't even be a talking point had it been the Dogs that were the team with the wrong call. The papers will still be talking about poor sportsmanship from the Doga and supporters. And we'd be followed around by journos looking for a controversy.
It was an innocent error , waving his hand, but it caused a significant change in the game and unfortunately for him is worthy of a full investigation.

It's like how we are not permitted to sleep at work but people do nod off.. No biggie in the scheme of things but if they nod off during a crisis where their attendance was crucial then their job is on the line.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm actually trying to work out what the 'startling' claim was. Cummins is saying he didn't wave 6 again. So what happened then... what did I see? Did his hand have a fit in mid air? What exactly was startling?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's the leading ref, he lives and dies by the sword, what's he doing waving his hand whilst asking all the officials around him if it was touched.... make a call you goose.... but this all bullshit to cover up what really was going on!

One minute he says to Raiders captain he didn't wave his hand and now he's saying he did wave his hand! If this case was taken to a court of law, it wouldn't last 2 minutes! GUILTY!