Is one person's luxury another person's mediocre?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the boost has a massively inflated ego, and clearly no clue whatsoever that most of the people on this planet live in poverty. It's not relative as he says, it's simply their ego that creates the narrative. The happiest people I have met have more often then not been the ones who have the least.
Greed and ego are just some of the massive social issues the world faces.
Personally, the company of good people and family are far more important then the size of the prawns I'm eating!
Very true about the people who have the least being very happy. Also very generous with the little they do have. I've traveled to some of the poorest countries in Asia. In Thailand I came upon an old fellow struggling to put some sacks on his cart. I stopped and helped and got ushered back to his house afterwards and treated to a Thai feed. It wasn't spectacular food from a five star restaurant and the old fellow who knew pretty much no English got his grandson to thank me. I ate plenty of better meals on that trip. But despite not being able to make conversation, to this day the spicy vegetables I ate that day in a tiny little hut are one of the most memorable meals I've eaten.

On the other hand, a girl I dated while I was at University took me to her posh friends house for a dinner party. The food was beyond delicious. But the company was attrocious. My date at the time was quite pretty, but not exceedingly intelligent. I spent most of the dinner holding myself back from telling the posh turds making subtle insults to stick the food up their ass.

Money is by far what makes you the happiest.

Having Money is a freedom to do what you want, when you want. You can treat the people you love properly, with big sized prawns and a big quality TV

When people with no money say they are happy or appear to be happy, it's fake. People with no money get told what to do, have limited freedom, cannot enjoy the better things in life and if they don't listen , they get a boot up the arse to get back to work. plus they pretend to have parties but leech off their guests to bring their own snags and beer. You see the all standing around the bbq guarding their steak and snarling at each other if someone gets near their steak
I know more people that think they're well off who are slaves to money than people who are flat broke. People with lots of shiny things can often not see past those shiny things.

Wealth becomes a sickness with a lot of people.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Very true about the people who have the least being very happy. Also very generous with the little they do have. I've traveled to some of the poorest countries in Asia. In Thailand I came upon an old fellow struggling to put some sacks on his cart. I stopped and helped and got ushered back to his house afterwards and treated to a Thai feed. It wasn't spectacular food from a five star restaurant and the old fellow who knew pretty much no English got his grandson to thank me. I ate plenty of better meals on that trip. But despite not being able to make conversation, to this day the spicy vegetables I ate that day in a tiny little hut are one of the most memorable meals I've eaten.

On the other hand, a girl I dated while I was at University took me to her posh friends house for a dinner party. The food was beyond delicious. But the company was attrocious. My date at the time was quite pretty, but not exceedingly intelligent. I spent most of the dinner holding myself back from telling the posh turds making subtle insults to stick the food up their ass.

I know more people that think they're well off who are slaves to money than people who are flat broke. People with lots of shiny things can often not see past those shiny things.

I’ve seen quite a few people who live on the streets who aren’t all about material possessions.

I’ve also met a few rich people in my time who aren’t up themselves.
2 of them were farmers though, but both very down to earth.

The Polish doctor let my friend borrow his Euro piece of shit Audi for 3 weeks after only just meeting him.
But that’s because he was blind drunk,needed a lift home and as he said “does not care farking “.

Lol Polaks, probably the biggest comedians of all Slavic people?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good and bad in all cultures. All the Lebos I know are either super generous or super tight.
We’re actually all super tight but we like to appeal to others as being super generous Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I have had some experiences like that myself. Changes your perspective greatly.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Thailand I came upon an old fellow struggling to put some sacks on his cart. I stopped and helped and got ushered back to his house afterwards and treated to a Thai feed. It wasn't spectacular food from a five star restaurant and the old fellow who knew pretty much no English got his grandson to thank me. I ate plenty of better meals on that trip. But despite not being able to make conversation, to this day the spicy vegetables I ate that day in a tiny little hut are one of the most memorable meals I've eaten.

So you had to leech a free meal from the poor bloke in Thailand? Then you go on to criticise his food? Geez which grand hotel did you stay in Thailand to see people struggling to move sacks? So as With your big frame you could come to the rescue?

As for the posh dinner date where like Thailand, apparently you were the distinguished guest, did you ever stop to think that you may have been the atrocious company and not all of them? Maybe they were making subtle digs at you due to your refusal to use any cutlery? Maybe they didn't consider their lunch a buffet style where you were to have 3-4 plates of food.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you had to leech a free meal from the poor bloke in Thailand? Then you go on to criticise his food? Geez which grand hotel did you stay in Thailand to see people struggling to move sacks? So as With your big frame you could come to the rescue?

As for the posh dinner date where like Thailand, apparently you were the distinguished guest, did you ever stop to think that you may have been the atrocious company and not all of them? Maybe they were making subtle digs at you due to your refusal to use any cutlery? Maybe they didn't consider their lunch a buffet style where you were to have 3-4 plates of food.
If that's your best attempt at trolling you don't have a future in it.

I backpacked for three months and tried to see more than just the tourist destinations. Rather than feeling I leeched a meal, having read up on the customs, traditions and etiquette of the country, I know that refusing his food would have been an insult. And I never said it wasn't enjoyable, just not gourmet food by western standards.

You on the other hand would probably have refused to eat at his house because he didn't own a tv of any description.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Money is by far what makes you the happiest.

Having Money is a freedom to do what you want, when you want. You can treat the people you love properly, with big sized prawns and a big quality TV

When people with no money say they are happy or appear to be happy, it's fake. People with no money get told what to do, have limited freedom, cannot enjoy the better things in life and if they don't listen , they get a boot up the arse to get back to work. plus they pretend to have parties but leech off their guests to bring their own snags and beer. You see the all standing around the bbq guarding their steak and snarling at each other if someone gets near their steak
What a load of shit! Every thread you create is just to big up yourself because your arrogant as fuck and want to tell everyone how good you are.
There is nothing wrong with bringing something along to a bbq, nor is there anything wrong with asking peopleto bring something. It's called community, people coming together to share something with each other. This is how it always has been in most society's, and still is to this day. Elitism has killed this, and now the world is governed by greedy people.
You just want to show off by telling everyone you will pay for everything because your the big man. It's all about bragging rights, and nothing to do with genuine generosity.
In your eyes someone that cant afford to host a bbq for all their mates is just a cheapskate. Especially if they are just renting. But does this mean they shouldn't have bbq's?
I would wager that even if you invited every member of the kennel to your bbq, and offered to pay for it all, you would still only have a handful that would come.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with bringing something along to a bbq, nor is there anything wrong with asking peopleto bring something. It's called community, people coming together to share something with each other.

I would wager that even if you invited every member of the kennel to your bbq, and offered to pay for it all, you would still only have a handful that would come.
I don't have a problem with people bringing things to a BBQ, but I wouldn't invite people and EXPECT they bring something, I'd cater for them properly. My BBQ is also about community and coming together, only difference is I'll feed them with big prawns not let them starve and watch me eat if they don't pack their lunch. Come on mate, are you pulling my leg or what? It's a disgrace to expect people to pack their own lunch if they are invited by you

I would invite the kennel community and cater for all but there is one catch.. I'd only invite if I thought they would reciprocate and cater for me if I was invited to their bbq, I don't want leeches around my place . So I'll invite all the kennel to my place for a BBQ and I'll cater but we know who would be excluded.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I backpacked for three months and tried to see more than just the tourist destinations. Rather than feeling I leeched a meal, having read up on the customs, traditions and etiquette of the country, I know that refusing his food would have been an insult.

You on the other hand would probably have refused to eat at his house because he didn't own a tv of any description.
You wouldn't want to insult them by not eating all their food would you? :grinning: Pay you way mate, don't try and live on others account, especially the poor

Backpacking is another example of this thread. I'd never backpack, stay in proper hotels. Why would you travel and live like a homeless person? Share a shower with other backpackers with gangrene on their feet, sleeping in the same room as strangers,in one eye open so they don't pinch your stuff or stab you.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to double down on a comment I made about bbq and bring stuff.

I've been to a few backyard parties in my time and one thing that really boils my blood is when the host cheaps out on the food. Lollies that aren't even Allen s brand but Cole's generic brands or no name cola

Do a few homemade salads etc. It just says to me they can't be assed and they skimp every which way they can. Disrespect their guests.

I literally wanted to chuck it all on the floor and storm out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to insult them by not eating all their food would you? :grinning: Pay you way mate, don't try and live on others account, especially the poor

Backpacking is another example of this thread. I'd never backpack, stay in proper hotels. Why would you travel and live like a homeless person? Share a shower with other backpackers with gangrene on their feet, sleeping in the same room as strangers,in one eye open so they don't pinch your stuff or stab you.
Still trying to get a rise out of me?

I didn't really do the communal living thing in my travels. I spent a few nights in classy hotels. The people there tended to be a tad rigid and still seemed to have schedules to keep. It was nice to try getting room service. But for the most part it was bungalows on the beach. Waking up and having a swim less than a hundred metres from my bed and planning the day while the world woke up around me. I met some of the nicest and most interesting people during my travels. Backpacking by my definition is just a method of traveling where I planned the trip as I traveled rather than following the beaten path or set a predetermined travel plan. If you are too proud to try backpacking I feel very sorry for you.

I don't live to impress others with wealth. And I'd rather not have people in my life that judge their friends by net worth. At some stage in your life you'll realise that unless you really get lucky or have some brilliant idea, that you're always going to be aspiring to be among elitist wealthy people. And even if you get there, they'll still regard you as beneath them.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are too proud to try backpacking I feel very sorry for you.
Not too proud to try backpacking, just don't want to be stabbed in my sleep, rubbing shoulders with criminals and desperates who can't afford to travel properly. Maybe you should watch "wolf creek" again or maybe "taken" see if backpacking is a good idea.

A mate of mine just left for the USA for 47 days. He is staying 5 star all the way and eat properly at best restaurants . He said it was costing him about $50k, do it properly or not at all. Admitingly he don't travel regularly but it's better to go once properly than 20 times risking your life backpacking.

Same with camping, I bought a new tent and all the bits and pieces, supposed to go for a few days with some people, after the first night with the sun belting on the top of the tent in the morning, I packed up and went home. (Anyone need a good tent used once?) I was as just completely ashamed of camping.

For me luxury is making things easier for yourself, lifting the standard of what you are used to everyday. Not going backwards?? Backpacking is the worst way to travel and camping the worst way to getaway.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to agree with blue boost about travelling in luxury over travelling like a pommy peasant.

I get sick of meeting tourists in this country from 3rd world places trying to make out like its my fault they decided to travel on a budget!

If you aren't prepared to swallow while clearly saying bukake, then just stay at home!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people bringing things to a BBQ, but I wouldn't invite people and EXPECT they bring something, I'd cater for them properly. My BBQ is also about community and coming together, only difference is I'll feed them with big prawns not let them starve and watch me eat if they don't pack their lunch. Come on mate, are you pulling my leg or what? It's a disgrace to expect people to pack their own lunch if they are invited by you

I would invite the kennel community and cater for all but there is one catch.. I'd only invite if I thought they would reciprocate and cater for me if I was invited to their bbq, I don't want leeches around my place . So I'll invite all the kennel to my place for a BBQ and I'll cater but we know who would be excluded.
See that's where you have it all wrong! Your motivation is wrong. You dont do a good deed in order to get something in return. Generosity is not something given to gain something in return.
When you ask people to bring a plate to a bbq, it's not because you are cheap, or that you dont want to provide for your guests, it's just about creating variety and sharing the cost to feed the many. Most normal people would not see the issue with this. But someone who simply wants to impress people would see a problem.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's a bloke on these forums (I won't mention names either) who never contributes with a new thread at all but likes to go in to others with his bad egg breath and criticise those who actually start a meaningful discussion.

Here is few tips n tricks for this type of poster;

If you dont like a particular cup of tea, drink others!

If you don't like blue colour cars, buy a red or white car

If you dont like corona beer, drink your VB

If you dont support the Rabbitohs, don't attend all their home games and then whinge

Capeesh?
The claws come out in what is perhaps the lamest attempt at an insulting post I've ever seen.

Bravo blue_balls (it's catching on) :D

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang on blue boost, you're a corona drinker?

Do you also wear Hawaiian shirts and talk with a lisp?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is quality entertainment, thanks to all involved. Funny as fuck!
It's supposed to be just a bit of fun, just a bit of jousting in good spirit. Reality is there are many ways to indulge, everyone is different and enjoys different things.

It is comical though :grinning: when a few on here get their bones rattled when what they call luxury is chuckled at by most (ie the thrifty backpackers and stingy byo bbq etc)

Last edited: