TripleM Hooper Say's Latrell Still Bulldogs Man

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the rumour originally came out he was made to look like a mercenary by the media as if only the Rorters are allowed to do so,
The pressure got the best out of him SOO
Do you remember the medias bashing, and his exclusion from second SOO
Is it only a coincident or is it UNCLE NICK channelling the pressure on him through his friends in the media ???
Mates in the media... fittler still on retainer as SOO coach... latrell didn't stand a chance... it was a warning of what's to come in case he's thinking of talking to other clubs next month.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you are in a team full of stars you don't have to make the game winning play every time you touch the ball. The work gets balanced out throughout the entire team. If someone like him was the main point of attack for a team such as us I think you would see him shine a hell of a lot more and it might just get his hunger back.
I'd still take this bloke but not sure about the mil price tag,but surely wouldn't be upset if we did.

Manu and Xerri for eg would be great, but I think they will stay where they are.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question. He’s achieved all he can, it’s time to be challenged. It’s time to build a culture, build towards a team where you are the key man.

I’d love that.
My honest opinion is he's not that type of person.

You just need to read the article about him being on a farm when he's 30 to get an idea of his mentality.

You have to be really certain of a player you lock in for the long term and build a team around.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My honest opinion is he's not that type of person.

You just need to read the article about him being on a farm when he's 30 to get an idea of his mentality.

You have to be really certain of a player you lock in for the long term and build a team around.
Exactly, i dont think he wants to be the maquee man.
Looks like he wants to keep a low profile. Go play footy and do his job.
I dont reckon he would sign a contract like dce and heap all that pressure on himself.
Still like him in our team though.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, i dont think he wants to be the maquee man.
Looks like he wants to keep a low profile. Go play footy and do his job.
I dont reckon he would sign a contract like dce and heap all that pressure on himself.
Still like him in our team though.
He might not want to be the marquee man, but I am sure he wants the marquee dollars.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He might not want to be the marquee man, but I am sure he wants the marquee dollars.
Exactly, he crosses me as lazy.....I could be wrong. But then again he's collecting massive money to touch the ball about 4 times a game.....not bad work if you can get it lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought $BW was coming :tearsofjoy:
I am still hoping he is lol...

But I just can’t wait for the Regular season to kick off again. So I can put my 08 bulldogs duvet set back on :hearteyes:and rotate it with my other bulldogs duvet for the year, and support as I sleep!! and before/after every game lol..

my room/lounge/garage..goes full blue an white for those 6 months. Then it all gets nicely packed away an kept safe.. all my memorabilia (and there is fuckloads) is In immaculate condition!! How it should be.

Bring in 2020.

#MIGHTYBLUE&WHITE.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, he crosses me as lazy.....I could be wrong. But then again he's collecting massive money to touch the ball about 4 times a game.....not bad work if you can get it lol
It’s almost impossible to say weather he is lazy or not
He does come across as extremely casual,But at the end of the day he turns up to training and does his bit
The guy can play & kicking is not too shabby
His management will get as much as they can,
An established top player won’t come cheap

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be a great buy, but seriously he isn't going to win us a premiership. We need a game breaking prop and a solid halfback (IMO).

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a better chance of having my dick sucked by that bitch with 3 tits from Total Recall than seeing Latrell play for us. Would love for it to happen but can’t see it being a reality.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a better chance of having my dick sucked by that bitch with 3 tits from Total Recall than seeing Latrell play for us. Would love for it to happen but can’t see it being a reality.
Roosters' aren't going to get into a bidding war to keep Latrell and I doubt he wouldn't take the extra 200-400k and a long term deal elsewhere. I think it's a massive reality he's coming if we actually want him. I think the Roosters' are going to lose a few players actually, they're just going to replace them very well too.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters' aren't going to get into a bidding war to keep Latrell and I doubt he wouldn't take the extra 200-400k and a long term deal elsewhere. I think it's a massive reality he's coming if we actually want him. I think the Roosters' are going to lose a few players actually, they're just going to replace them very well too.
Yeah they will most probably lose a couple of players but you sure dont go throwing $1m on him.

If the club wants to target Roosters players they should go after Sam Verrells who is currently off contract.

Other than Tedesco, Keary, Munster, RTS & Turtle neck no other **** is worth $1m

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah they will most probably lose a couple of players but you sure dont go throwing $1m on him.

If the club wants to target Roosters players they should go after Sam Verrells who is currently off contract.

Other than Tedesco, Keary, Munster, RTS & Turtle neck no other **** is worth $1m
Yeah he's not worth ~1m but that's the position we're in unfortunately to attract talent. Even a player on half of that will want more then what he's worth to come here unless we're the only club offering them a contract (excluding clubs in a similar position to us). That's the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone yet, we're sticking to not paying more then what a player is worth. I think between November and the start of next season tho that mentality will change. Will have to wait and see tho.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he's not worth ~1m but that's the position we're in unfortunately to attract talent. Even a player on half of that will want more then what he's worth to come here unless we're the only club offering them a contract (excluding clubs in a similar position to us). That's the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone yet, we're sticking to not paying more then what a player is worth. I think between November and the start of next season tho that mentality will change. Will have to wait and see tho.
The position we are in to attract talent?

You really do have a hard on for overs? Than again, thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

Titans went on and paid Hayne $1m, Ash Taylor $1m and where did that take them?

Mitchell will not win us a comp and he will attract sweet fuck all in terms of other players.

You are dreaming if you think Anderson, Hughes and Dunn will allow a $1m centre signing

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The position we are in to attract talent?

You really do have a hard on for overs? Than again, thats your opinion and your entitled to it.

Titans went on and paid Hayne $1m, Ash Taylor $1m and where did that take them?

Mitchell will not win us a comp and he will attract sweet fuck all in terms of other players.

You are dreaming if you think Anderson, Hughes and Dunn will allow a $1m centre signing
Where it took them is irrelevant and hindsight. Why did they and other clubs have to pay above value to attract those players? There are a lot more examples then those 2 you've given, just look at the highest paid players in the game (across multiple clubs). Our recruitment method will be similar to the Knights. Also I've seen a few people dis that but they were wooden spooners for 3 years (?) and had a few people having them in the top 4 around half way through the season (also I believe we have a better base and leadership group then the Knights had/have). We can only buy what's available and we want to be competitive for the 2021 season. I'd personally be signing a Centre, Hooker, Winger and Prop. There are no Halves available. As long as we do that with recruiting the best we can I think we can be a massive threat. There is no alternative, the only other thing you can do is recruit players looking for an opportunity or developing our younger players, which you can do on the side anyways (and we have). We have salary cap to spend (approximately ~3m). Let's say we added Latrell, Harry Grant, Vunivalu and Thompson and retained our key players. How far of the Raiders side do you think we'll be? I think on paper we wouldn't be that far off.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hooper is a pure gold fuckwitt!!!
I once heard him say Jarryd Hayne would be the greatest athlete Australia had ever produced.
Discount as bullshit everything the **** says.
Would love to run over the **** in car.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What latrell or the 3 tit thing? Lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Keary and Victor Radley would be the Rorters blokes I would be targeting.